Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lever upgrades

Hammerhead

On 5/11/2022 at 7:48 AM, KidX said:

I installed a set of Pazzo short levers. My first impressions:

- Nice quality parts.

- Unimpressive packaging that cheapens the unboxing experience.

- Easy and quick to fit (15 minute job).

- I have the Camel ADV clutch arm and I can 1-finger clutch with the stock lever. I was hoping the Pazzo's would give my other fingers a bit more clearance - they do not. This was the main reason for buying them.

- The adjustable brake lever is sweet - it has more range than the stock one and just feels better. 

- The up and down play at the attachment bolts is slightly better than stock but there's still play. A bit disappointing but I assume this play is engineered into the system for a reason. 

- They adjustment 'knob' works reasonably well but sometimes skips a detent if you apply too much pressure when trying to adjust. 

- They're 'blingy'. I have the red T7 and I bought the black levers with red adjustment knob. They look nice but that's kind of irrelevant because they're hidden behind the BarkBusters.

Overall I rate these a 3.5 out of 5 when I contextualize the above points against the price. I would buy them again - they do help dial in the ergonomics of the bike - but was hoping to be more impressed.

Good review.  Wonder if anyone else who has fitted the Pazzo's has found the same? 

1 hour ago, Eran_mo said:

do you guys prefer short or standard length levers?

I've gone to short levers on a couple of bikes and like them.  I have CRG shorts on the Tenere. Nice quality.

First thing I did was to trim the clutch lever for a true two finger lever.  I cannot ride any other way anymore.  Swopping bikes is a challenge.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 8:39 PM, Eran_mo said:

do you guys prefer short or standard length levers?

I prefer short if using an 1 finger clutch like camel adv. Don't know about stock clutch.