Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who is still has a deposit down on a T7?

JohnfromDP

I was curious to see how many guys on this site have deposits down on a T7 and are still waiting for the bike to ship. I was also curious as to what you may have  heard about when the next batch will ship. I talked to the dealer yesterday and they said that they now are hearing that the bikes will ship sometime in Oct. What about you?

My dealer notified me a couple days ago that my bike will be here the second part of October.

Still waiting on my wife's bike, dealer says October. She is getting impatient asking maybe a different bike like a KTM 390, I keep pointing out all the boxes of add-ons setting in the study. I did check with the dealer about my options, he said 15% restocking fee would be required.

Waiting 

California

Mid Oct ish

I bought another bike yesterday but Ima still gonna get the T7 when it comes in...

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

I posted this in another thread but I was told on a Friday my bike was in ready to pick up late August. Then on Saturday just kidding not your bike. Then, about a week later was told we have a bike but it has damage from when it was in the crate including the swing-arm and rear rotor. No thanks. So I found another dealer and put down another deposit for October after all of that.

Old dealer called me yesterday and said they had a new one coming mid-October. Fool me once... Anyways. I politely said no thanks.

New dealer said Oct 15 was release date before shipping and about a week or so afterwards I should be able to pick it up.

Well it looks like everyone is getting the same story from their dealer. The delay has given me time to get a couple of bikes ready to sell. Cant keep em all..

Waiting, the T7 Rally Edition should be here in a week's time or so. Hopefully it won't be late, I'm really looking forward to riding that evocative blue thing...

10 hours ago, MeefZah said:

Waiting 

California

Mid Oct ish

I bought another bike yesterday but Ima still gonna get the T7 when it comes in...

What did you get??

One of the dealers that i had my name on a list with called me yesterday saying one of the other color bikes i did not want will be in early October if i wanted to consider it. Sounded like 1st week. 

6 hours ago, DT675 said:

What did you get??

One of the dealers that i had my name on a list with called me yesterday saying one of the other color bikes i did not want will be in early October if i wanted to consider it. Sounded like 1st week. 

which dealer were you with, Me and my two friends put deposits at North County Yamaha in Escondido...

Definitely seems to be a geographical supply issue. Im on my 2nd T7. :))) sorry guys,

lots fkr sale in the UK but Rally Mod drying up and possibly not available next year. Speaking to a Yamaha contact they have sold 9250 units already so is the covid situ slowed down manufacturing 

Edited by Matth

Picture from todays delivery @ Snake River Yamaha, 8 each T700s! 7 of 8 pre sold.

call Jeremy at 208-888-6565. Snake River Yamaha in Meridian, Idaho.

Looks like those Oct bikes may be arriving a little early.

120200221_10221223771295094_6491205258700484329_o.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDHORSECA said:

Picture from todays delivery @ Snake River Yamaha, 8 each T700s! 7 of 8 pre sold.

call Jeremy at 208-888-6565. Snake River Yamaha in Meridian, Idaho.

Looks like those Oct bikes may be arriving a little early.

120200221_10221223771295094_6491205258700484329_o.jpg

Has anyone verified this?

It's been posted today in the Yamaha Tenere 700 USA Facebook page.

Call the phone number posted.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:23 AM, DT675 said:

What did you get??

Red and white.  Yuba City dealer supposedly has 3, 1 of each color,  coming.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the call.  Arriving tomorrow.  Be ready Thursday!

• Like 2

Expected delivery is "second half of October". Asked for a Ceramic Ice, getting Intensity White (but I had told them that was my second choice). 

The dealer called me and told me that they are only getting 3 of their orders in this year at all, my bike and two Matte Black ones that were delivered in August. 

Unbelievable Americans still can't get this bike... I guess the Cruiser is still king in the U.S and adventure bikes are a small piece of the pie.

6 still available for sale in the Edmonton area as of yesterday. Seems the dried up oil market has ended the uptake on ordered bikes as ALL the first issue T7's (like mine delivered in May) in Canada were pre-orders. If this current supply was from the second delivery batch, it would appear some of our American friends are getting the short straw...

I think I have Yamaha disease...

32 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

6 still available for sale in the Edmonton area as of yesterday. Seems the dried up oil market has ended the uptake on ordered bikes as ALL the first issue T7's (like mine delivered in May) in Canada were pre-orders. If this current supply was from the second delivery batch, it would appear some of our American friends are getting the short straw...

I agree, A few sitting on the East Coast 🇨🇦 also. I even got mine for less than msrp, go figure oil is at $40 sad...

One more pic.  BTW, picked this one up in Camp Hill, PA.  They got 2 bikes, one was spoken for, the other was available so I snagged it.

T7 Camp Hill(1).jpg

• Like 2

My dealer in TN says the bike is coming mid October. I don't have a ton of faith in that, but I'm willing to wait. What choice do I have?