Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who is still has a deposit down on a T7?

JohnfromDP

Asked about mine yesterday and said was pushed to January instead of end of October, they made a call and its now 2nd week of November.

Called the dealer a couple days ago, was told push to December if I'm lucky.  Then was called back yesterday and my bike randomly arrived at the warehouse.  Will finally pick it up next week!

• Like 1

My bike arrived yesterday. I will pick it up Tue after work. So we are waiting on the third bike. It should be here late Nov.....let the farkling begin

Dealer in Oregon says mid January. Just sold my CB500x Raily Raid and put a deposit down on the Intensity White T7

• Like 1

Picked mine up today in TN and asked my dealer how he could be selling me a bike the Yamaha website doesn't know about? He said it was a long story. The bike that was supposed to arrived on November 5 was delayed to January. He scrambled and called some other dealers in TN he works with and found one that arrived last week. Horsetrading commenced and he got me the black T7 I was waiting for. I lucked out, as he didn't know me from Adam, but he busted his but to get me a bike. VIN is in the 1500s for those counting bikes. 09/20 build date. 

• Like 1

I picked my bike up yesterday at North County Yamaha in Escondido. I rode it about 150 miles up to Julian and Palomar on the way home. Im coming off a DRZ so Im really stoked on the linear torque of the motor. I told my wife that the difference between the DRZ and the T7 is about the same difference between my 03 honda and my wife's Tesla. Anyways it is a blast to ride, fun on twistys and I felt safe and in control on the freeway, some place Ive never taken the DRZ. I just don't see this as a dual sport, more of a street and graded fire road bike. I recently bought a 2015 KTM 500 for the dirt rides.  BTW Im 6' 220lbs.  The suspension was a little harsh on small bumps but it felt stable and planted, no brake dive on the front end. I rode twistys for most of the ride and the bike was awesome going into and out of corners. The bike fits me perfectly, however ergos need some work. The seat felt too low and I would like to increase the seat to peg distance as after 150 miles I was glad to get off the bike and stretch out.  The reach to the bars was good. So this bike will need a few goodies and upgrades but all in all it is very nice and I'm super happy.

So yesterday the dealer here in OR just took my deposit and told me they are expecting the bike early January and then I just got word about an hour ago that the bike just arrived.  Woohoo!!!  I may just get more riding in before the snow flies after all. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Happy day has arrived.

My wife's bike arrived at the dealer today. Should be ready to be picked up in the next day or so.

Only 4.5 months from the time deposit was placed until arrival.

• Like 2

picking mine up tomorrow. Called around. Found a dealer in an area of the state that doesn't do a lot of bike sales, mainly ATV's etc... Called last week. Said he had one on order. Not claimed. Called today and it was in. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered mine here in France. All base models are sold out, just some rallyes left. Mine should arrive around february ... 2021 (2022 us?) model euro5 complient. But i dont even know color schemes that will be available. Nothing was announced although new mt07 and tracer700gt were prpsented recently...