Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 hand guards

PDanger

@FirebolterThank you, so its the bar ends that may be an issue. I thought it would be the clamp that attach on the handlebar itself. Got it!

Just ordered the set from Barkbusters for the T7 specifically.  I ended up going with the Storm guards as opposed to the VPS (which seems to be more popular out there).  I also opted for the white color, so I'm excited to see how they do.  

The only issues I have is that I want to make some changes going forward.  Possibly a different handlebar altogether, so hopefully they'll work with a protaper with a higher rise.  Also, I like the idea of being able to add the leds.  

I've used Tusk and Acerbis in the past, and never coughed up the money for Barkbusters, but I think I'll be happy that I did.

• Like 2

Post your install experience and pics once you get them. I’m looking at the same thing. Thanks.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JayD said:

@FirebolterThank you, so its the bar ends that may be an issue. I thought it would be the clamp that attach on the handlebar itself. Got it!

My issue with BB is with a protaper bar that is not tapped you need to use the expanding plug ends. Without the bar end weights the portion of the bar you clamp is wrong. So you need to fill that space with something and it doesn't look the best. I didn't want to tap my bars either.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone with the Storm hand guards tried them in conjunction with CRG Arrow quick fold mirrors? Seems like the mirrors would get in the way of the levers since the Storm back bone dips down like an L shape almost when viewing from the side.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:55 PM, NickQc said:

These look great. I see you removed the branding - was that hard to do with this model?

Also interested in how this was done. Would be interested in doing it myself!

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2020 at 4:36 PM, roy826 said:

Barkbuster VPS and you can use the cool CRG Arrow mirrors with the Rottweiler attachment blocks. 😁

4C43C0B9-B66B-49AF-8AC0-CC0AF4FFA122.jpeg

Wow, that's good looking to my eyes! If ever you got more pics from different angles would you mind posting some more, please?  

I have the Rotweilers in orange in the same way, just a little different positioned to get the best view back but still keep them fully inside to keep them protected when going down (and it works).
IMG_20220507_175155.jpg.62d8cdfd765637f1c168db3538f7d22b.jpgIMG_20220712_131513.jpg.d08ff2bf0d69f67bc38fa98beb7bc6f4.jpg196025728_IMG_20230119_163902(Medium).jpg.c71c98a1441850c936e6984957d6ebd9.jpg1916513203_IMG_20230119_163845(Medium).jpg.1721ae47f7f3220a2ed864b7d0695189.jpg