Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Here from the real NorCal! (and lodging offer, Eureka CA)

MeefZah

Hello,

Checking in from Eureka, Humboldt County, California - just a bit south of Oregon and right on the Pacific Coast.

I've been riding for 20+ years and have been on ADV bikes for about the last 15 or so.  First ADV bike was a KLR650, then a series of other bikes - some that I loved, and some that I disliked and sold pretty fast -  V-Strom 650s and 1000s, a Super Tenere, an Africa Twin, some DR650s, a DRZ400, and a few WR250Rs.  Man, looking back, that's a lot of bikes!   I currently have a R1200GS in the garage and my wife has a V-Strom 650.

I do a good amount of riding, about 20,000 miles a year.  I ride pretty much every day - on work days I commute to work, and on days off I'm exploring and camping off the bike.  I prefer ADV bikes because I enjoy riding the endless forest service roads around this area and challenging myself on sketchy terrain.

I ordered a non-PDP Tenere 2 months ago and it just arrived!  I have a small bunch of accessories to get installed, but I'm wanting to keep it simple and light - no hard bags or racks, nothing of that sort of thing.  

Feel free to drop me a line if you are in the area and want to meet up for some riding.

Also, we are always happy to host travelers.  We are right on the ocean, an easy day north of San Francisco and a long day south of Portland.  Because of our proximity to the Lost Coast, Hwy 1, Hwy 101; we've had a lot of guests stay with us on their journeys.  If anyone needs a place to spend a night and / or assistance in the Humboldt County / Eureka area, please message me.  I'm not sure how reliable notifications are from this site so you can also email me at markmeftah@yahoo.com.

-Mark

https://meefzah.smugmug.com/

Pickup day at Work & Play Powersports in Yuba CIty, Calif:

spacer.png

Two weeks in, 1000 miles, majority of accessories installed!  This includes:  Hepco Becker centerstand, Hepco Becker lower crash bars, Wolfman Explorer Lite tank bag, Motopumps GPS mount on the windshield cross bar with BMW Navigator 5 wired to acc plug, RAM ball on handlebar mount, Oxford heated grips, Battery Tender SAE connection w/ 15A fuse upgrade (for air pump), removed the pass pegs and filled the holes with short bolts, built a tool kit with a rear seat mounted Wolfman enduro tool pack (not shown), and cut off the sidestand nub...

spacer.png

Edited by MeefZah
  • Like 4

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

Would drop a line but there is a small challenge. A bit of water.

Still welcome.

Africa twin witch version out of curiosity?

Not that I have ever riden one bit still hope to do so as the 650 version made me want to drive bikes.

On 10/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, CoreCass said:

Would drop a line but there is a small challenge. A bit of water.

Still welcome.

Africa twin witch version out of curiosity?

Not that I have ever riden one bit still hope to do so as the 650 version made me want to drive bikes.

I had a 2017 AT 1000.

Only had it for a few months and 5,000 miles.  Really never cared for it.  It had a lot of little niggles that added up to a general dislike of the machine.  Sold it to get a 2018 DL1000XT, which was a much better motorcycle.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

2 hours ago, MeefZah said:

had a 2017 AT 1000.

o god. cant inmagine this.

how ever i have never driven or driven with either of em.