Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How off-road is this bike?

Moto

@T7kevin - Rabbit Valley is awesome! There's no way I'd take my T7 on Zion Curtain, though. Ridden that?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moto said:

@T7kevin - Rabbit Valley is awesome! There's no way I'd take my T7 on Zion Curtain, though. Ridden that?

We did parts of trail 2 and I was surprised at how it handled the slick rock ledges! Can’t wait for my suspension to get done so I can have a little more confidence in the gnarly stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The stock tires are extremely good on pavement in the summer. They grip to the point I tend to push them right up to the slide limit and have complete control. But be fore-warned! In the winter, they suffer from cold tire syndrome. Also, because they are semi-knobbies  you can lose the front end at temperatures at or near 35 degrees F and wonder WTF? If I were to hazard a guess, they are a hard compound tire designed for long wear and need heat for adhesion.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 4:33 AM, T7Kevin said:

I ride rocky/whooped out single track and sandy/gravel roads all the time on mine then it still rolls 95+ on the interstate on the way home

Awesome play grounds. Wish we had that over here in "all-forbidden-country". Are you riding stock suspension?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Awesome play grounds. Wish we had that over here in "all-forbidden-country". Are you riding stock suspension?

At the moment yes I’m son stock stuff. I have new springs and am getting a revalve  done soon 👍

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, T7Kevin said:

At the moment yes I’m son stock stuff. I have new springs and am getting a revalve  done soon 👍

Many thanks, that gives me faith. I wont do much more challenging stuff...

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 5:44 AM, REDHORSECA said:

The bike is better than most of us. This is a stock suspension T700.

I am not worthy....