Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Tenere 700 Seat options

Trollbiker

In this video I look into the seat heights of the Tenere 700, the low seat in particular:

• Like 3

Thanks for the video, question though, was the rally seat more padded and comfortable, or just taller?

I can answer that. 

It's pretty much the same comfort level, perhaps slightly firmer.

I ended up modifying the standard seat to suit my needs.

• Like 1

I thought that the rally seat was slightly more comfortable than the  standard seat. But over time  the rally seat  "settled in" and becomes more comfortable over time. 

3 hours ago, Stevoh said:

I can answer that. 

It's pretty much the same comfort level, perhaps slightly firmer.

I ended up modifying the standard seat to suit my needs.

How did you go abaut that ? Pictures pretty please ! ( with cherry on the top )

Sorry Janson, but I didn't take any pics of the modification process.

I did mean to but I had Beer and all necessary items to complete the task and I was on a roll.

There is another thread on here somewhere and I forget whomever it was, but it shows in pretty good detail the process, I went at it a bit differently, but I was trying to achieve more of a change to the shape and curve of the seat, not so much a softer seat.

Found the thread

Edited by Stevoh
More info

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:51 PM, Trollbiker said:

In this video I look into the seat heights of the Tenere 700, the low seat in particular:

T7 is a great, fantastic bike. The only shortage is the comfort of the seat. Low seat is a pain right after 1,5h riding. I like to ride longer, therefore have to use air pad, which adds additional 4-5cm and the whole idea of low seat is wasted.

I see that Seat Concepts has three T-700 seat kits available, low, normal and tall sizes.

Two questions,

1 . these are kits ? so I am to guess I need to disassemble my existing seat and install the new foam and cover onto the seat "base" I already have.

Unsure if I want to endeavor such a project as my first ever upholstery project and possibly have no seat if I tear apart the stock one and have an issue getting the new kit installed. 

2. there are 3 different seat cover top options; gripper, low slip, and Diamante Vinyl which costs $20.00 more

Does anyone know what these differences are?

My guess is the gripper I am guessing is the tackiest, low slip next and the vinyl being the most like a nice stock seat which allows you to maneuver easily.

Thanks in advance if anyone has info or exp on the upgrade or the tops.

The full seats will be available from Seat Concepts after the first of the year .

Material examples:

logo.png?v=649314332967930103

Take an up-close look at the various cover options we offer. Note: Each style is not available for every model application. The available options for each model are limited to those shown in the drop-down menu on each product page on www.SeatConcepts.com. The Grip Meter is meant to give a rough idea of the grippy-ness

Thanks, I was going to see who I could find around here who could do that. 

Nice, didn't see that when I went there the other day.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have had several of Seat Concepts seats/covers (Several KTM's, WR250R,) and I love'em.  Best bang for buck, comfort, style, customizable etc. out there.   Made the mistake of getting the "carbon" on top of seat and it was crazy slippery especially with our nylon moto X or adv pants.   I see now they have a grip meter which should be paid attention to.  I have the "grip" cover on the WR and it is the "shiznit" off road.  You would be surprised at how much a grippy seat helps in serious off road.  Also less fatiguing... along with the "steg pegz" and "pivot pegz" of course.

• 1 month later...

Anyone notice the Rally Seat seems to be on an extended backorder? Has anyone been able to get one recently?

7 hours ago, KinneyKat said:

Anyone notice the Rally Seat seems to be on an extended backorder? Has anyone been able to get one recently?

I have been searching for one also...saw that they will be available for order 02-15-21 on one site.  Looks like a fair price here if the free shipping applies.

8080-1.jpg

Shop for Rally Seat at great prices at Ronnie's Mail Order

Edited by whisperquiet

• 3 weeks later...

I Installed the 20 mm taller Rally Seat (Sky Blue Edition) a while ago. It only took about 5 months to get it... 

I think Yamaha stopped producing the 40 mm Rally Seat and are now only producing the 20 mm taller version, the seat that comes on the Ténéré 700 Sky Blue Rally Edition sold outside of the US.

This seat has the same shape as the standard seat, but a little more cushioning. It has room for the owners manual and the toolkit in the little cutout on the underside of the seat, just as pictured in the owners manual. The standard seat has only room for the tool kit.

The one piece seat design also gives easier access to the battery compartment; i.e. more accessible storage. 

I'm 6'-2", has the standard suspension and I notice that I sit a little straighter with slightly taller seat; i.e. I like it!

YouTube.jpg

Edited by orbsurfer

I used a t7 rally seat joiner and had a local seat guy do a 1 piece low seat ( matt sunshine coast mc seats australia ) 

BFCA2C9C-B42F-4B44-9E24-2582DD400654.jpeg

• Like 1