Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lightweight top and side racks combo for soft panniers

aperege39

On 9/5/2021 at 2:55 AM, SpankyPineapple said:

Maybe to throw a wrench in the works here, but I run the Mosko Reckless system and don't use a rack system at all.  I just sit it on the rear seat, wrap the straps around the underside, the two to the pegs, and it's been completely fine.  Great to be able to undo some straps and the bike is completely bare again.

IMG_9920.thumb.JPG.8acdfb1f5b6a4277bb4dca902d63b845.JPGIMG_0063.thumb.JPG.5e0176fc7740e07cb65bfd6fa050e005.JPG

I've just received the Mosko Reckless system and I was thinking to do the same, that's the most minimalistic way to go. Did you just use the straps provided with the Mosko system or you used an extra one?

does somone know a nice duffel to trow over the rear so i can keep my sleeping mat and chair dry ?

sleeping mat is 63 cm wide.  chair is smaller.  20 cm square in total.

for those wondering.. yea i went from oem cases to rideavd solo rack's with kriega 32l's

IMG_20220421_163939.jpg.7c628d74f2915a6c2f78f788777a3d9f.jpgIMG-20220203-WA0008.jpeg.e199e6cdd672cfaaefeeb77b2b1d5d28.jpeg

Been looking at the Kriega OS soft luggage system with 18 litre panniers. Anyone else gone that route?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 10:32 AM, NZIAN said:

Been looking at the Kriega OS soft luggage system with 18 litre panniers. Anyone else gone that route?

I did. OS Base with 18’s on sides, 12 on top and a SWMotech dry bag on Top if I need overflow. Not much loaded travel time with it yet.  

It will scratch the hell out of your paint.  Like in 1 Ride. SKDA Clear protection kit solves that if you care.

You cant use the very helpful cheap grab handles that everyone sells. Thats my current project. Might make some webbing strap loops to creat a rear grab point for picking the bike up.

• Thanks 1

I use 18s, but straight to soft bag stays from andystrapz, with extra straps over the seat for support. They don’t move. You could use any of the other soft bag guards. Only addition I want is to have the mivv exhaust up behind the frame. 

E6FB6456-4F76-4648-BF7D-BF35785E676D.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, T7MapleLeaf said:

I did. OS Base with 18’s on sides, 12 on top and a SWMotech dry bag on Top if I need overflow. Not much loaded travel time with it yet.  

It will scratch the hell out of your paint.  Like in 1 Ride. SKDA Clear protection kit solves that if you care.

You cant use the very helpful cheap grab handles that everyone sells. Thats my current project. Might make some webbing strap loops to creat a rear grab point for picking the bike up.

Thanks. I was going for the 18’s, plus a 40 litre Oxford bag for the saddle. Just got to wait for the piggy bank to fill up. The tip for paint protection is well received. Thanks.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, Daniel M said:

I bought these side and top rack from a guy named Ondra. The way to connect with him is via Instagram. I live in Sweden and received them within a week!

Instagram: t7_advparts

a4fb6e42-0a4f-49d4-af87-498d4b8169b2.JPG

785466f4-219c-480c-9a74-980ba5bf3913.JPG

d91bf67a-eed1-4465-ae1e-c21aeedfd25b.JPG

80aeea63-264d-4e12-98c5-83674cc12d52 2.jpg

Love the look of these and the weight! Any issues with them so far? Am considering these with either mosko or kriega reckless systems to keep the bags off my plastics/exhaust, but still close to the bike. Considering the AS version as well, but I love the details on these. 

• Like 1

I just test fitted my reckless 80s on the t7. I have the outback mototrek rear rack but was considering either the adv spec or r&g pannier racks. Are there any other options that are similar to those or is that the only options?

6 hours ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

I just test fitted my reckless 80s on the t7. I have the outback mototrek rear rack but was considering either the adv spec or r&g pannier racks. Are there any other options that are similar to those or is that the only options?

The rally raid racks are another good option, close to the bike, and can get an exhaust reinforcement bracket

I modified mine to work with a camel tank but eventually went to Lanier racks so I could mount Mosko back country 35s

• Like 1

Hello all, quick question, I have outback motorteck side rack. My gf only want to ride with me if she have something to put her back to.

I also have givi top rack with metal top case but that is not compatible with the outback side racks. Any comment on if its possible to fit a givi top case to the top rack from outback motorteck if I drill the holes on it ? I asked the support from outback and they said that technically it should be feasible but they are not sure it would be strong enough to hold the metal too case. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot ! Theo

3 hours ago, bibop83 said:

Hello all, quick question, I have outback motorteck side rack. My gf only want to ride with me if she have something to put her back to.

I also have givi top rack with metal top case but that is not compatible with the outback side racks. Any comment on if its possible to fit a givi top case to the top rack from outback motorteck if I drill the holes on it ? I asked the support from outback and they said that technically it should be feasible but they are not sure it would be strong enough to hold the metal too case. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot ! Theo

I have a Givi aluminum case that goes on my rear rack. I think if you keep the weight down on the rack you should be ok. Might be worth mocking it up with her sitting on the bike, the t7 is a little smaller than my super Tenere, and there is less front to back room. So a rear case could crowd you together a bit.

Mike

On 9/5/2021 at 11:55 AM, SpankyPineapple said:

Maybe to throw a wrench in the works here, but I run the Mosko Reckless system and don't use a rack system at all.  I just sit it on the rear seat, wrap the straps around the underside, the two to the pegs, and it's been completely fine.  Great to be able to undo some straps and the bike is completely bare again.

IMG_9920.thumb.JPG.8acdfb1f5b6a4277bb4dca902d63b845.JPGIMG_0063.thumb.JPG.5e0176fc7740e07cb65bfd6fa050e005.JPG

I too bought a set, the 10L ones.  I didn't buy anything to sit on the beaver tail as I have a big bag already and perhaps I'll buy another smaller one for like small runs.  I leave the 10L bags on all the time and stuff a thermous full of coffee in one, my tools, GPS, any sort of thing I might want on a day run.  I hate having bulging pockets. 

On 4/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, Daniel M said:

I bought these side and top rack from a guy named Ondra. The way to connect with him is via Instagram. I live in Sweden and received them within a week!

Instagram: t7_advparts

a4fb6e42-0a4f-49d4-af87-498d4b8169b2.JPG

785466f4-219c-480c-9a74-980ba5bf3913.JPG

d91bf67a-eed1-4465-ae1e-c21aeedfd25b.JPG

80aeea63-264d-4e12-98c5-83674cc12d52 2.jpg

Hey Daniel. Really love the look of these and when ahead and ordered a set. But I'm struggling with the install a little bit (No install instructions). I think I have the side racks figured out, but could you send some pictures of how you installed the tail rack?? Thx!