Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ABS light stays on.

DazR

Ok Lads get your thinking caps on.  Yesterday I washed my bike on soggy grass and the bike fell over on its right side.  All good as it was on soft ground so no damage. Coincidently the ABS light now stays on permanently after starting and riding the bike.  I have checked the obvious things like ABS fuses and wheel connections and cant see anything so far.  Any ideas? I will book it in to dealer anyways but would like to save the trip if possible.  Cheers All.

Check the rear ABS ring. If it is slightly bent it will trigger the ABS light.

• Like 2

Hi All,  Went over everything with a fine tooth comb. Did find some corrosion on my hard wired battery connection under the seat which had joined both pins and was still wet from washing.   Have cleaned pins and taken for a ride and ABS light disappeared off display as it usually does.  All good now thanks for the input.

• Like 5