Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Dyno Graph Breakdowns

2 Wheel DynoWorks

@dashredder, thanks for letting me know your experiences.  In my case, it is definitely not a problem regarding their normal business hours.  The last email I got from their Support@2wheeldynoworks.com email address was a week ago and I have sent three back since then, along with calling during their posted hours.

There have been a couple of issues, at least one of which they attributed to a bad upload from FTECU.  It has been over a month since this started and I am missing a lot of good riding.  Much of the delay is due to very slow responses, and now getting none is frustrating.  2WDW says on their website and FB page they get back to you within 24 hours.  That has not been the case in my experience.

We all make mistakes and I am not trying to drag them into the mud on this one.  I just want to get my ECU flashed correctly and be able to ride my T7 confidently.

Maybe there is something going on there that requires them to not respond quickly.  I have run a small business and understand that when you have limited resources, it can be difficult.  If there is going to be a delay, I would at least like the courtesy of knowing what to expect.

Edited by Hollybrook
spelling

• Supporting Vendor

We respond to every email and voicemail as quickly as possible.

Especially this time of year, responses can take a few days. We build/service/repair/flash/tune almost 400 bikes/month in the peak season, and there's only 5 of us. Pat answered over 100 phone calls himself yesterday, and we missed about the same amount.

• Like 3

2wheellogo.jpg

I just heard back from Nate and I think we are on a path to get my issues resolved.

• Like 1

Good to hear!   

It will be worth the wait.  My T7 runs killer with the 2WDW tune and an Akrapovic slip-on.  I’d imagine yours will too.  Throttle transitions from on - off - on are soo much better.  Can finesse a twisty road smoothly and that low RPM adv work is quite a bit nicer.  Not only that, but the bike just rips through the gears with a new kind of urgency.  Ton of fun, even on city streets.  I’ve enjoyed burning off my old rear TKC 80 on the pavement while I get ready to mount a new tire for an upcoming adv ride.  I’d have likely just left it alone until the swap when it was stock.  It’s not the horsepower increase that makes me smile, it’s the way it is delivered.  I hope you find that same kind of experience with yours.  

• Like 1

@dashredder thanks for the words of encouragement! I have ridden with the 2WDW flash and it is all that you said it is.  The issues that we have been encountering are minor but annoying.  I'm sure we will get all fixed and hopefully soon.  My ECU is going back to 2WDW to see if they can replicate my current problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow up that we now have the ECU flash issues sorted out and I am enjoying the all the expected benefits.

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Just back from a three day trip to Southern IL, mostly B-roads, lower speeds, chugging along at 35-50 mph, 3rd and 4th gears. Where I  was able to finally put a few hundred miles on the T7 with normal temps outside.

This is what I have found, light throttle (1/8) at 3200 rpm it falls on its face a bit while maintaining a constant speed, then bit of hesitation when applying more throttle.  Issues are within the range of  3200 up to 4000 in any gear, over 4000 seems normal, smoother, quick revving. Under that seems like it is getting too much fuel. Almost like the map is more WOT orientated, had similar feeling on my race bikes. My partner who rode behind me for most of the travels, noticed a raw fuel smell, or unburned gas smell from the bike on several occasions, not sure if it was off throttle on the downhill, lower revs but not WOT.  I know the remap addressed the previous issues with not adding gas enough when off throttle, I now have the muted backfires, nothing too aggressive but seems like a bit much right now.

Ideas?

2021 T7 with full Yoshimura Exhaust, Funnel Web filter, snorkel deleted replaced intake from CB Industries.

Thanks!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, motobenco said:

Just back from a three day trip to Southern IL, mostly B-roads, lower speeds, chugging along at 35-50 mph, 3rd and 4th gears. Where I  was able to finally put a few hundred miles on the T7 with normal temps outside.

This is what I have found, light throttle (1/8) at 3200 rpm it falls on its face a bit while maintaining a constant speed, then bit of hesitation when applying more throttle.  Issues are within the range of  3200 up to 4000 in any gear, over 4000 seems normal, smoother, quick revving. Under that seems like it is getting too much fuel. Almost like the map is more WOT orientated, had similar feeling on my race bikes. My partner who rode behind me for most of the travels, noticed a raw fuel smell, or unburned gas smell from the bike on several occasions, not sure if it was off throttle on the downhill, lower revs but not WOT.  I know the remap addressed the previous issues with not adding gas enough when off throttle, I now have the muted backfires, nothing too aggressive but seems like a bit much right now.

Ideas?

2021 T7 with full Yoshimura Exhaust, Funnel Web filter, snorkel deleted replaced intake from CB Industries.

Thanks!

Have you contacted @2 Wheel DynoWorks yet?  They're an Approved Vendor here on the forum and they should first be afforded the opportunity to address this question. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 8/10/2022 at 8:26 AM, Hollybrook said:

I just wanted to follow up that we now have the ECU flash issues sorted out and I am enjoying the all the expected benefits.

What was the issue, in the end? I see another new post about some issues. I've been on the fence about getting it done: i buy into all the reported benefits like "proper feuling", lower fan temps, etc. Not looking for more power, but not liking the lower rev issues reported. Maybe @2 Wheel DynoWorks can chime in here?

9 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Have you contacted @2 Wheel DynoWorks yet?  They're an Approved Vendor here on the forum and they should first be afforded the opportunity to address this question. 

Yep, I sent the same message, and while I wait, checking for others to see if they had a similar circumstance and how / what they did to resolve the issue.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, motobenco said:

Ideas?

Thanks!

That's a relatively uncommon issue, but one that we've addressed several times for riders on the many social media groups we're also in. It's an easy fix!

Closed loop only functions on these bikes below 3500 RPMs/15% throttle, and the systems sometimes overcompensates with Yamahas budget sensors and incredibly simplistic closed loop parameters. When this issue occurs, simply unplug the O2 sensor and you'll be good to go!

• Like 2

2wheellogo.jpg

36 minutes ago, thepointchris said:

What was the issue, in the end? I see another new post about some issues. I've been on the fence about getting it done: i buy into all the reported benefits like "proper feuling", lower fan temps, etc. Not looking for more power, but not liking the lower rev issues reported. Maybe @2 Wheel DynoWorks can chime in here?

The first issue was that I had a CEL that I was not able to clear.  2WDW identified it as a problem with new code from FTECU and I sent my ECU back for re-flashing.

When I got it back, I noticed that the fan settings had reverted to stock.  Again, 2WDW attributed it to a problem with FTECU code and I sent the ECU back again.  I had to pay for both shipments back to 2WDW, which I feel like they should have picked up since they provided me with defective product.

It's water under the bridge at this point.  My bike runs well and I am happy with the benefits of the flash.

• Supporting Vendor
31 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

The first issue was that I had a CEL that I was not able to clear.  2WDW identified it as a problem with new code from FTECU and I sent my ECU back for re-flashing.

When I got it back, I noticed that the fan settings had reverted to stock.  Again, 2WDW attributed it to a problem with FTECU code and I sent the ECU back again.  I had to pay for both shipments back to 2WDW, which I feel like they should have picked up since they provided me with defective product.

It's water under the bridge at this point.  My bike runs well and I am happy with the benefits of the flash.

All updates are free of charge as the software is updated over time and/or if we add, change or refine anything with our custom mapping. We do not cover shipping on top of offering free mapping updates to our customers.

• Like 1

2wheellogo.jpg

36 minutes ago, 2 Wheel DynoWorks said:

All updates are free of charge as the software is updated over time and/or if we add, change or refine anything with our custom mapping. We do not cover shipping on top of offering free mapping updates to our customers.

@2 Wheel DynoWorks free updates are a great policy that was part of the reason I selected 2WDW.  As I mentioned above, I am happy with the most recent flash that corrected the problems that were introduced by 2WDW and FTECU in my initial flash.

In this case, your flash was defective and asking the customer to pay in any way for fixing this rubs me the wrong way, which is why I brought it up.

1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

Thanks for the update. 

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone sent their ecu for an update to the new map? I was curious if its worth sending it in.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:42 AM, motobenco said:

Alright, I 'll give a shot, thanks!

Was your problem resolved?

21 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

@S.Ga.Rider what new map are you referring to? 

I'm not sure. I saw something on Facebook saying they have an updated map. 

• Thanks 1