Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What crashbars to choose?

Trollbiker

On 1/4/2021 at 10:13 AM, rumrum said:

Just about to try it out. Have the B&B on already and just got a message the H&B lower bars are ready to pick up form Post office. From the pics they look like they will. Stand by and will get back to you in the next few days.

Thanks rumrum,  I have been wondering about the lower crash bars fitting with my B&B Bashplate.  I have the upper bars but will consider the lower ones as well now.  I like the look of the new style H&B upper bars.

59 minutes ago, DazR said:

Thanks rumrum,  I have been wondering about the lower crash bars fitting with my B&B Bashplate.  I have the upper bars but will consider the lower ones as well now.  I like the look of the new style H&B upper bars.

No worries. If your thinking about the new style HB upper bars I don't think they work with the lower ones. If I had not already ordered my top bars I would have gone for the SRC ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just installed Heed crash bars, they are robust and have a good quality. BUT white bolts on black frame - my perfectionist is crying

2021-03-04 12.41.09.jpg

2021-03-04 12.41.13.jpg

2021-03-04 12.49.00.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 3:49 AM, SergeB said:

Just installed Heed crash bars, they are robust and have a good quality. BUT white bolts on black frame - my perfectionist is crying

2021-03-04 12.41.09.jpg

2021-03-04 12.41.13.jpg

2021-03-04 12.49.00.jpg

what skid plate is that -- Thanks

4 hours ago, bigsky said:

what skid plate is that -- Thanks

it's original Yamaha Skidplate for rally edition

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, PD-Oscar said:

Thx yamyam, custom  made yes, about 10 cm height increase and now just ok for my knee angle (I am 1.90 m. Length)

I could take the seat off and sit on the frame and I still couldn't touch the floor  so I'm well Jel  of your 10 cm extra padding 

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, OK185 said:

I always liked the Outback Motortek lowers bars and through luck I was able to get my hands on them. They stopped selling them seperately some time ago.  I guess my plan to go crashbar-less is foiled now but I really like these. I guess they are not the most protective but they should keep the most important parts off the ground, while not completely screwing the looks of the bike.  Can recommend.

t7.PNG

Aesthetics are important.  

Edited by roygilbo
spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, roygilbo said:

Aesthetics are important.  

That's a tough one for me. I have a function/reliability mindset over every aspect of my motorcycles. IMHO, the Touratech has the best of both looks and function (for crash bars).

Sw-motech for the win.  Uppers and lowers and zero damage to date.  Except for powder coating and label.

I have the Enduro ones, from Heavy Duties and very happy with them. Perfect performance and so discreet.

• Like 1