Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Protaper evo adventure

gone2seed

2 hours ago, gone2seed said:

So, pro grip is making the 714 in red?

I like it!

Yeah, I was unsure how I'd like the red or if it would be too much...but its basically a big dirt bike right? haha

• 3 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 1:07 AM, JimmyTheHuman said:

Has anyone switched to these bars when you already had the T7 barkbusters? Is there a simple fitting i can buy to adapt the barkbusters to them?

You can buy the expander bar ends and drill the bar backbones but you have to delete the bar end weights. They honestly seem quite unnecessary though as I havent even noticed not having them. Im really stoked to get them fit up, greatly increase my comfort on this bike

* I realize this is 7 months later.

Edited by vagrant318

• 8 months later...

I tried the Enduro Engineering handguards with the Protaper Adventure Evo.  There were a number of things I didn't like:

• Clamps did not fit the bars properly.  They go on, but they don't match the bar diameter very well where they line up.
  • I could not fit bar weights.  I tried using some Barkbuster bar weights, but they put the clamps in an even worse spot on the bars.  (As some have noted, bar weights may not matter....I can't say for sure.)
  • The shields themselves are small compared to my Barkbuster Storm shields, and the backbones do not have the downward bend like the Barkbusters. As a result, they did not provide good protection for my OEM levers - they were sticking out the bottom.  I admit the OEM levers are huge, but even so I didn't like the coverage.

I don't mean to criticize anyone's setup, just wanted to share my experience.  I ended up getting a better result (for me) with my old Tenere Barkbusters.....you can read here:

P.S. I have a set of Enduro Engineering handguards for sale - cheap 🙂

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Reviving an old thread.... is anyone running ProTaper EVO standard Adventure bars with the HDB handguards? If so, did the oem bar weights work with those bars?  I'm currently running oem bars, with the HDB handguards with the oem weights installed. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 1 month later...

HI Everyone, 

I just got the Pro Taper EVO Adventure High... I am 6'7" and I thought i could use these and delete my bar risers to get to a good height... I was right, but I was also very wrong. They are just a little too high now and I'm going to have to get longer clutch and brake lines. Its not the end of the world, but I am not pumped.  I thought about quickly scrapping the idea, sending them back and getting the regulars, but i already scuffed them up putting on the controls when i realized the error of my ways. 

Does anyone know what the stock clutch line and brake hose lengths are? Im sure i can figure it out with some teardown. 

I haven't even wrestled with the Barkbuster fitment yet. Jeezo. 

Anyone else successfully installed these with the BarkBusters 2 point handguards yet? Pictures?

I have them installed on my bike and I am looking at upgrading to the Protaper Evo Adv low bars. 

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

See a few posts above for my write-up of Barkbusters install on the Evo ADV low.

• 6 months later...
On 11/14/2020 at 5:42 PM, gone2seed said:

Alternative to risers.  No problem with lines or cables. Straight forward bar swap. Gets the bars up which makes standing comfortable.

Upside, still got the stock bars if the new ones get warped in a crash.

Downside , you loose the bar end weights  and hand guards.

Took  20 mile ride after the install. I’m 6’2” and this is close/closer to perfection for me.

Payed special attention to vibration  since I lost the bar weights. Do not think it will be a problem with this bike. Was looking to replace the stock hand guards with Bark busters but the 1 1/8” bar adapters for them were out of stock.

Have a set of enduro engineering guards on the way. 

Thanks to Wookee  who told me these will work.

Do you think there's enough slack in the cables if you used a set of risers and these handle bars?

Edited by UltraViolentRay

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
On 12/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, AZJW said:

Reviving an old thread.... is anyone running ProTaper EVO standard Adventure bars with the HDB handguards? If so, did the oem bar weights work with those bars?  I'm currently running oem bars, with the HDB handguards with the oem weights installed. 

It's coming up on a year since I asked this question.  Hopefully this bump will get an answer from someone who has done this successfully. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

It's coming up on a year since I asked this question.  Hopefully this bump will get an answer from someone who has done this successfully. 

Not trying to derail your thread but have you considered the Helibars risers? Reason I ask is the T7 I rode had them and it felt very natural. I have a set on my Super Tenere as well and it is a game changer in comfort during long rides. 

Edited by olliechristophe
Add a link

• Moderators

@olliechristophe Thanks for the thought, but my oem bars are slightly tweaked and need replacing as well as needing more height for my 36" inseam and orangutan arms. 

• Like 1