Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

cheap pipe for those that can mod

blazzin

51mm Universal Motorcycle ATV Frosting Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipe Muffler

search that on amazon

the stock muffler has about 2" of usable pipe inside once you chop it. (WARNING youre destroying your stock muffler to do this)

use the stock connecting pipe just cut up as far into stock as possible, mounting bolts match up perfectly, the little adapter is easy to cut and use to perfectly weld it up.

2 mins of welding and boom, honks like a tuned mt-07 and doesn't pop or require a tune. (the CAT is before the o2 sensor)

enjoy (no db killer or spark arrester included) 

61+ClfXvwsL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by blazzin

On 11/17/2020 at 7:25 AM, tenerecanada said:

Here is another alternative if you want to keep your stock muffler intact:

CB500 Link Pipe

- Cheap Exhaust like this or this

can you elaborate on how this works?

bolt up the link pipe and then toss on one of those slip ons?

Ali express slip on with cb500 mid pipe, you can attach stock heat shield to the mid pipe.

12 hours ago, Stevoh said:

Ali express slip on with cb500 mid pipe, you can attach stock heat shield to the mid pipe.

Can you post a right side picture? It appears that the muffler is higher than stock, which is what I'm looking for. Thank you

• Moderators
14 hours ago, mr. projekt said:

can you elaborate on how this works?

bolt up the link pipe and then toss on one of those slip ons?

This guy breaks it down a bit, it is a very straight forward mod. I have heard one of these cans on a Tenere and I wouldn't claim it is as quiet as he does.

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

6 hours ago, AllOfTheData said:

Can you post a right side picture? It appears that the muffler is higher than stock, which is what I'm looking for. Thank you

IMG_20200716_204647554.jpg

This a better pic of an earlier pipe I fitted, I changed it later as it was too loud, in reality the CB 500 mid pipe doesn't quite fit perfectly, I had to use a small angled bracket to fit the pipe (came with pipe kit) as it sits about an inch lower than the mounting bracket, you can force the pipe upwards and mount it straight to the bikes bracket if you wish but the mid pipe leaks a little where it meets the header pipe, another guy on here used some sort of exhaust gasket cement to remedy this.

This is a pic of the latest pipe I fitted it's the large size, sound is really nice, it is louder than stock and perhaps louder than an Akrosomthingorother pipe.

Also a pic of mid pipe.

Screenshot_20201122-092200.png

Screenshot_20201122-092307.png

6 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

This guy breaks it down a bit, it is a very straight forward mod. I have heard one of these cans on a Tenere and I wouldn't claim it is as quiet as he does.

That's perfect. Thanks! did you also do the DB killer mod that he did to the baffle?

I used the stock headers/midpipe, no additional midpipe needed, i just cut the muffler off the stock pipe, its easy and has a couple inches inside the muffler. it all matches up perfectly with stock mounting hardware.

i'll post pics asap

Edited by blazzin

On 11/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, Stevoh said:

This is a pic of the latest pipe I fitted it's the large size, sound is really nice, it is louder than stock and perhaps louder than an Akrosomthingorother pipe.

Also a pic of mid pipe.

Screenshot_20201122-092200.png

Screenshot_20201122-092307.png

This is wild, i was looking into this exact muffler but with a modded link pipe to get it inside the existing hanger.  Triangular shape seemed to be a decent fit with the way the existing hanger bracket comes out at an angle from the frame.  Can you get us a full side shot of the RH side with the Aliexpress muffler

3 hours ago, Colddog said:

This is wild, i was looking into this exact muffler but with a modded link pipe to get it inside the existing hanger.  Triangular shape seemed to be a decent fit with the way the existing hanger bracket comes out at an angle from the frame.  Can you get us a full side shot of the RH side with the Aliexpress muffler

Just away on holiday for a few more days I'll take some pictures for you when I get back.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, Stevoh said:

Just away on holiday for a few more days I'll take some pictures for you when I get back.

How's that, let me know if you need more detailed pic, you won't get to mount "inside" the hanger with this link pipe though.

IMG_20201129_084748521.jpg

• Like 1

That looks good Stevoh.  I have been away for a couple of weeks holiday so catching up on Forum.  What Brand is pipe is that or is it an ebay jobbie?

Ali express actually, I think you could get on eBay but these slip ons are a fair bit cheaper on Ali express, heaps to choose from, that one was $68.00 delivered, full stainless.

Hope you went somewhere nice for your hols, we just got back from Hat Head.

Edited by Stevoh

On 11/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, tenerecanada said:

I bought this exact setup, will be installing it later this week! 

Any tips on how to do the solid baffle instead of the one that comes with it?