Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Spy Shot, new T7 with larger tank coming?

Cruizin

From ADV pulse

Yamaha-Tenere-700-travel-model-spied-3.j

With so many “spy shots” of future bikes hitting the news lately, some have been prompted to question their origin. Take this latest sighting: a divergent Yamaha Tenere 700 cruising rather conspicuously on a road. True test mule or marketing device? If you’re like us, the answer is: who cares! Especially when the...

image.png

Credit ADVpulse.com 

Myself, Im holding out for a clear Safari plastic tank so I can SEE how much fuel I have left, as Yamaha isn't so great at accurate fuel warnings. 

Interesting to hear that the Forks are different, maybe longer travel? 

The rally edition was littered with Yamaha aftermarket accessories and blue colour scheme. So this must be the COVID edition Tenere for the American market. The  face mask is popular with the Democrat riders. 😷😁

Edited by Louis
  • Haha 1

This photo is old news, it been about for a while, I think we may actually see the finished article very soon. It’s a oem parts fest with a euro 5 upgrade and  bigger fuel tank. 

Louis, its not the Yankee C19 Edition, i can’t see the US Yamaha yellow colour scheme, must be the ROTW version 😉

When this comes out and it will probably have 21l of fuel or more people will be happy about the fuel tank and two seconds later they will be sad about the weight 🤣🤣... 🍿

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

When this comes out and it will probably have 21l of fuel or more people will be happy about the fuel tank and two seconds later they will be sad about the weight 🤣🤣... 🍿

I thought exactly the same🤣. 99% of riders will be more than happy with >180 mile range we can already easily get, even when riding hard. I don't want to add another 5kgs for no real reason unless I was in the wilderness.

Rich

• Like 2

Just now, Rich TT said:

I thought exactly the same🤣. 99% of riders will be more than happy with >180 mile range we can already easily get, even when riding hard. I don't want to add another 5kgs for no real reason unless I was in the wilderness.

Rich

Let me get my Starbucks Cup holder out 🤣🤣... You are right..👍 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Louis said:

The rally edition was littered with Yamaha aftermarket accessories and blue colour scheme. So this must be the COVID addition Tenere for the American market. The  face mask is popular with the Democrat riders. 😷😁

Louis, thank you so much for causing me to snork hot tea through my sinuses and out my nose!   All over my keyboard at work.   😄  --- you've made my morning.

Larger tank?
Longer Suspension throw?

who freakin cares?  --- we can't even get them delivered here....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With that larger skid plate and tank, I wonder if it's the S10s replacement with a CP3 motor?  Just a thought.  Or maybe like an "adventure sports" version of the T7.

Edited by wookee

13 minutes ago, wookee said:

With that larger skid plate and tank, I wonder if it's the S10s replacement with a CP3 motor?  Just a thought.  Or maybe like an "adventure sports" version of the T7.

I don't think it's a cp3 engine as the pipes exiting in the picture are cp2 like and only two... Unless they are using the tank just for testing and will change the engine later on. 

Aleks 

I drop my T7 on a flat surface with a full tank soon after purchase and  holy mother of God was that bike hard to pick up! Bigger tank - no thanks!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Louis, its not the Yankee C19 Edition, i can’t see the US Yamaha yellow colour scheme, must be the ROTW version 

Don't think it's the ROTW version the rider and chosen mask is obviously from the " Black bikes matter" movement. Probably a new black colour scheme, matt with gloss accents. 

4 hours ago, cstatman said:

Louis, thank you so much for causing me to snork hot tea through my sinuses and out my nose!   All over my keyboard at work.   😄  --- you've made my morning.

Warning: don't read my posts while drinking tea! 

39 minutes ago, DT675 said:

Could it be a T3?

4 hours ago, wookee said:

With that larger skid plate and tank, I wonder if it's the S10s replacement with a CP3 motor? 

I'm sure  that Yamaha has a new colour scheme with different tank pads. Looks like  a T7 to me. If the Rally  Edition was blue  with  a sprinkle of OEM accessories. This has a new  skid plate as the old after market one  had issues. Dare to dream that it is some  sort of R series. 

• Like 1

The larger skidplate is due to EURO 5 regulations like the latest Tracer 700 

2020-yam-mt07tr-eu-mbnm3-stu-001-03.jpg

Un guide d'achat pour connaitre toutes les caractéristiques de la Yamaha Tracer 700 2020 : 700cm3, 196 TPFkg, 840cm, 8799€

This Skid plate extension on the right side covers the larger catalizer.