Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tank bag

bikeever

• 4 months later...

Anyone experience with the new Lone Rider tankbag on a Tenere700 ?

Waterproof. Adventureproof. The Lone Rider Tank Bag was designed to withstand the harsh weather conditions any adventure rider faces during long travels to remote areas. With a market-first German-made magnetic quick...

Looks great and ticks a lot of boxes but Tenere700 not mentioned on compatibility list. 

Looking forward to pics of this bag on a bike...

Thanks! 

Wilco

01-Profile_1800x1800.jpg

Trying to make my Tenere 700 the bike of my dreams...

I use the Kriega US5. Small, compact, but big enough for ear plugs, lens wipes etc etc

Unobtusive enough not to be a hinderance when standing.

Tank bag.jpg

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• 1 year later...

What bags would you recommend me for following requirements:

Needs to hold a camera comfortably, space for other bits and pieces (earplugs, papers, powerbank, snacks), needs to be waterproof (I don't want anything with a hood) for the camera, should be fairly far forward (leaning forward while off-roading), compatible with both the OEM and the Acerbis tank

The only options I found so far are the Giant Loops, but after reading their description about waterproofness, I wasn't so sure about placing an expensive camera inside. What is your experience with this bag?

What other bags would you recommend?

I went from an Enduristan Sandstorm 4H to the Giant Loop Fandango as it fit better on the T7 & more convenient at fuel stops, both hold about the same & are waterproof. 

Yamaha Tenere 700, Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 ES, Ride Reviews

• Like 1

My Giant Loop Fandango on my Acerbis tank has proven itself multiple times to remain fully waterproof through lots of rain riding. The little waterproof bag that comes with it has been hanging in my garage unused/unneeded since I bought the tankbag.

Highly recommend the newer style GL tankbags with the U-shaped zipper for attachment to the base. The original/old two zipper style is a bear to get fastened on some tanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prowlnS10 said:

I went from an Enduristan Sandstorm 4H to the Giant Loop Fandango as it fit better on the T7 & more convenient at fuel stops, both hold about the same & are waterproof. 

Yamaha Tenere 700, Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 ES, Ride Reviews

1 hour ago, jdub53 said:

My Giant Loop Fandango on my Acerbis tank has proven itself multiple times to remain fully waterproof through lots of rain riding. The little waterproof bag that comes with it has been hanging in my garage unused/unneeded since I bought the tankbag.

Highly recommend the newer style GL tankbags with the U-shaped zipper for attachment to the base. The original/old two zipper style is a bear to get fastened on some tanks.

Thank you guys! I was really confused about GL's description about the bag not being waterproof, but it was probably just cause of liability reasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, syntarx said:

Thank you guys! I was really confused about GL's description about the bag not being waterproof, but it was probably just cause of liability reasons.

Yep, pretty sure I read somewhere that because the GL bags have a (waterproof) zipper they can't claim their bags are waterproof. If you held the closed bag underwater, then water could make its way in.

• Like 1