Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exhaust Headers clearance in bashplate

Engineer

Has anyone any experience of installing de-cat headers with an S W Motech bashplate. Are there any particular headers that are that fit without touching the bashplate?

Conversely are there any headers that are known to cause fitting/clearance problems with the S W Motech bashplate?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 6:49 PM, Engineer said:

Has anyone any experience of installing de-cat headers with an S W Motech bashplate. Are there any particular headers that are that fit without touching the bashplate?

Conversely are there any headers that are known to cause fitting/clearance problems with the S W Motech bashplate?

This got me curious as I also have the engine guard from SWmotech.

... I sent an email to SWmotech (info@sw-motech.com) to enquire about compatibility ... you can do the same and if enough people ask they may realize it is a selling point and do it.

I(n answer to my own question, I have fitted Dominator headers to my bike and noted the following:-

The headers fit ok but are very close to the front mounting bracket for the bash plate. When I say very close, they are within 2mm in my case.

I also have Givi TN2145 crash bars on my bike and the exhaust headers foul the crossbar between the two sides of the crash bars. This is not a problem for me as  I can make a new crossbar, but the original will not fit.

I have the same question about Leo Vince headers with an Adventure Spec skid plate. Anyone happen to know if these fit together? Now that Engineer has his answer, that is.