Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rear Fender Tool Storage?

BLZ2DWL

Question

Has anyone used the free space in the rear fenders to store tools? Did you find a way to get into this space easily? I'm wondering if a trap door from underneath would be feasible, or if I've missed an easy way to access it from above. I know the space is mostly empty. 

4 answers to this question

That's exactly what I was after. Thanks, @CGras! In the comments, the author says he removes the three bolts in the inner-fender liner to drop it down and access the space from underneath. That's probably good enough for a tire kit and tube, as I hope to not need them frequently. 

I haven't inspected the underseat storage, but had been wondering about if there was room and a way to access the under the side covers of the seat.

I had a Ducati ST2 several years ago. There were bags available to store items off the sides under the seat.

spacer.png

That's the question. It appears that you can only get to that space from below by removing the three bolts underneath. I will play around with this to see if I can make the inner fender work as a "door" of sorts. 

• Like 1

Duck taped three tire spoons and the Rally Raid tool to the frame, underneath the fender. The tools will only come out when I get a flat, so I dont mind it taking a minute to get them out. I have a Klim tool pak underneath the rally seat, but it was resting on top of the electronics which I didnt like.

Johannes.

D2F39341-00C6-4877-93BC-13A786F5807E.jpeg

• Like 1