Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

start of rust

CoreCass

well.. i noticed my bike started to rust on the piece that holds the buddy seat.

and i was wondering what you guy's do about this or suggest. atm im going to paint it to prevent further rust wile its standing in the shed.

thy started to salt the roads.

you could say im salty about it, as it brings a halt to my driving.

IMG_20201128_145754.thumb.jpg.2de8daf9f363e4eb4f6d7b33b69dca3a.jpg

I guess i’m not interested in spraying the whole bike down in ACF50 myself. So right now i’m trying to “spot use it” on areas like you’ve shown. So far so good.  Its a goose chase and certainly not preventative but its what i’m trying. 

I heard the French Built bikes were having corrosion issues, wonder if there is any truth to that? 

On 12/1/2020 at 3:26 AM, OU812 said:

I heard the French Built bikes were having corrosion issues, wonder if there is any truth to that? 

wil mine is from france.  so that should confirm that.

doing the acf thing seems to me like a undertaking every now en then.

guess ill be reapplying some paint after cleaning. once it is dry ill apply som clear protector vinyl and replace that once in a wile. [i dont take the seat off so often. and just spotted it under the buddy seat]

• Sad 1

All bikes with a build date prior to Aug 2019 were French built according to published info from Yamaha. The tooling was shipped to Japan in Aug 2019.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Juat want to chime in on the ACF part. Its actually very easy to apply it. The video posted above is exactly how I do it too. It takes me 5 minutes three-four times a year and it keeps my bike rust free.