Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

5 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Hi Marten, a friend of mine sprayed them...I just wanted to make the bike a little different and 'mine'!!.  The colour code was a pain to find, if you look at your Registration document the Ice Ceramic Blue is registered as Black! And even the Yamaha dealers are unsure of the exact code for the blue.  There is a slight mismatch with the tail panel in certain light,  but I'm in no rush to spray it...I'm pleased with what iv'e done.  

Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200319-141518_Messages.jpg

20200312_105429.jpg

Okidoki, thanx for the info. I'm gonna give it a try

On 3/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, PaulCave said:

IMG_3962.thumb.JPG.a1ebabb26aecf3989916389c2953b865.JPGRecent ride around Nojee.

Great photo, bike looks great,  like the blue Barkbusters!  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

Despite of cold weather, I couldn't stay at home all day. It's a kind of addiction to me🏍️. Here are some pics from today.

IMG_20200322_161502.jpg

IMG_20200322_154222.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, slawmir said:

Despite of cold weather, I couldn't stay at home all day. It's a kind of addiction to me🏍️. Here are some pics from today.

IMG_20200322_161502.jpg

Me too, glad this virus is not air borne... 

Did you have bark for lunch, godly smoke big beavers there ?

613FB1BA-BDBF-42B9-86A6-8602B6957DC2.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Me too, glad this virus is not air borne... 

Did you have bark for lunch, godly smoke big beavers there ?

613FB1BA-BDBF-42B9-86A6-8602B6957DC2.jpeg

I live between two small rivers, so beavers are all around here and  they are big. I've been scuba diving for many years but beavers are much better in it. 🙂I've seen them many times. It's something to admire when you see wild animal in his natural environment. 

I think that some kind of bark could be good for soup😉

By the way when I was a boy I used to eat sorrel soup, when fridge was empty, mother often sent me to the grassland for sorrel, it was forty years ago, now live is different.

• Like 2

I went out on my bike for the first time in ages which was tremendous with the sun out and quiet roads  but i made sure I was protected the best way I could against the virus. This included wearing my Arai full face mask and Klim body suit.

IMG_2343.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sandijs said:

I like tracks like on your video, the biggest danger while riding fast through the forest are wild animals. Once when I was riding quite fast a big deer crossed the track just a few meters in front of my bike. I was lucky. 

Edited by slawmir
  • Like 1

Finally got my new bike at the weekend and now self isolating in the back roads of the Peak District.  I’ll wait for the first service and fit some crash protection before I venture off road.

434AC2FF-7F3F-47DD-9C61-3ECAC6D702C6.jpeg

5FF709B6-F454-41E8-B04E-3E1A823366BA.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manny said:

Not fair, all geared up & not allowed to go anywhere.

IMG_3143.JPG

So have they set down any rules for us Ozzies regarding going for a ride out in the bush on our own?

I would have thought this is one of the best type of social isolation there is providing you're not stopping for food or fuel.

Just got back from taking my daughter for a 100 klm bush ride & I agree with you it is social isolation, but if I went with a few other riders & were out in public I think it would be frowned upon. I suppose we need to be seen to be doing the responsible thing. but that small ride I just did was awesome, I love this bike

• Like 2

I went for a 100km ride yesterday, just on some back roads around where I live.

It was great because I hardly saw any cars and it made the ride feel like I was in the middle of woop woop away from everybody. If I thought there was any way I could have harmed anybody in any way by going for a ride on my own I wouldn't have done it, but until I find a reason i'll keep trying to go for short daily rides cause this is too good a bike to be left sitting in the garage. 

• Like 2

ready to travel.... don't know when...

IMG_20200311_143749.jpg

• Like 6

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shaneygrog said:

I went camping over night and this was what the morning greeted me with.

20200329_072958.jpg

Beauty shot!

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Thanks mate. I had a weird dream and couldn't sleep. I could see the sunrise building through the tent and thought it better to get out of bed, and take a few shots.

Getting there!  Some engine bars next and the right decals to break up the blue. And although it's looking shiny and pretty right now I don't want it to be a 'show ' bike...it's a Tenere after all and I will be taking it off road! To be continued!! Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200402-140057_Gallery.jpg

20200402_122118.jpg

20200402_121804.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Getting there!  Some engine bars next and the right decals to break up the blue. And although it's looking shiny and pretty right now I don't want it to be a 'show ' bike...it's a Tenere after all and I will be taking it off road! To be continued!! Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200402-140057_Gallery.jpg

20200402_122118.jpg

20200402_121804.jpg

The gold wheel set looks amazing on there!

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Premium Member
On 3/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, sebti said:

ready to travel.... don't know when...

IMG_20200311_143749.jpg

Nice.... When will be a guess / mystery. Just a thought, Me, I’d consider fixing petrol fuel can to engine crashbars, for weight distribution more up front. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, X Plane said:

Nice.... When will be a guess / mystery. Just a thought, Me, I’d consider fixing petrol fuel can to engine crashbars, for weight distribution more up front. 

I do this like my russian freinds who have been riding like that since a long time. If you put them on crash bar, they will brake if you... crash... I prefer let empty my top case a fix some small bags ( and strong) on crash bars 😉

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sebti said:

I do this like my russian freinds who have been riding like that since a long time. If you put them on crash bar, they will brake if you... crash... I prefer let empty my top case a fix some small bags ( and strong) on crash bars 😉

Fair point if it mainly carrying empty. Yep, Bags on crashbars would also act a cushion on fall overs.

• 3 weeks later...

At the end of the day I had two hours of joy, wonderful bike. 

We get along each other  😉.

IMG_20200422_185903.jpg

• Like 4