Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

8 minutes ago, TeriyakiBlaster said:

It’s finally landed in Canada! I took delivery yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. Lots of mods to come.

A0E8F7EA-9645-46FD-ABAA-621EDA123059.jpeg

Nice to see the bike reach owners on the other side of the world as well.. 

Beautiful country Canada.. I'm sure you will delight us with some nice pictures 📸🏍️💨💯😀

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, slawmir said:

Today I was testing new  spring. 🙂 

And the test result(s) are ???

• Premium Member

Arghh!!!

You guys are killing me!

T7s in Canada, in owners hands, and I'm still waiting to hear anything from my dealer!?!

All joking aside, keep the photos coming!

Tazmool

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tazmool said:

Arghh!!!

You guys are killing me!

T7s in Canada, in owners hands, and I'm still waiting to hear anything from my dealer!?!

All joking aside, keep the photos coming!

Tazmool

Dw bud, same boat here, in Toronto and my dealer hasn't even said when it will be here or if I'll get one. People in Ontario and even out east already have VIN#s, ridiculous 

15 hours ago, X Plane said:

And the test result(s) are ???

Yesterday, I didn't mentioned that I fitted 5mm spacers for the front fork, shorter linkage (dog) bones and 90 N/mm shock spring. Visually the bike looks much better, the clearance is bigger. I think the stiffer spring makes the bike safer and still comfortable for me. It's totally different feeling of the bike. I'm not an expert but I think  90 N/mm spring still keeps the balance between  rear and front of the bike (with OEM springs in fork). 

Edited by slawmir
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, slawmir said:

Yesterday, I didn't mentioned that I fitted 5mm spacers for the front fork, shorter linkage (dog) bones and 90 N/mm shock spring. Visually the bike looks much better, the clearance is bigger. I think the stiffer spring makes the bike safer and still comfortable for me. It's totally different feeling of the bike. I'm not an expert but I think  90 N/mm spring still keeps the balance between  rear and front of the bike (with OEM springs in fork). 

Could you tell whether the spacers made a dramatic improvement to the static sag and feel to the front? Did you buy them or make them?

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Could you tell whether the spacers made a dramatic improvement to the static sag and feel to the front? Did you buy them or make them?

Cheers

Rich

It's hard to say. I tested the new mods only for about an hour. All three things  were changed at once. I measured the front static sag today and there is no change, it's about 40 mm. The reason for that could be the dog bones rise the rear of the bike for about 25mm, in addition stiffer spring, so the balance of the bike have changed. To make the front higher I lowed front fork legs by about 4-5 mm. Somebody made the spacers for me. For sure no dramatic improvement. 

WP_20200514_18_34_24_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Just got back from a 10 hr 520klm ride to the Grampians national park today in Victoria Australia, what an awesome bike.

IMG_3406.JPG

• Like 4

• Premium Member

My T7 met her older sister today

^ It is natural that the younger sister is far sexier and goes way better too.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor

I love this bike!

IMG_4244.thumb.jpeg.a23ac161a68e7e85d9e9869c8766e808.jpeg

• Like 8

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

10 hours ago, qInvention said:

My T7 met her older sister today

20200516_151352.jpg

Don't ever get rid of that that great piece of history, have you had it from new?

And it only took you 32 years to work out that the blue version is faster, better and more reliable than the white and red ones? 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Same color i ordered. Can't wait until it arrives. Black is beautiful! 

Some say black is not a colour.... 🤣🤣

I do like the looks of this as well... It was close for me between this and the blue one.. But blue with black SM rims makes me smile 🤩😅

IMG_20200508_112106-03.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Whitey66 said:

Don't ever get rid of that that great piece of history, have you had it from new?

And it only took you 32 years to work out that the blue version is faster, better and more reliable than the white and red ones? 😉

Well I am actually interested in selling it again... still got an XT600E in the shed.

If I had it from new, I would have bought it when I was aged 3 months 🤣

• Haha 3

Brand New  December 2019 .........................5 months and 9700kms later

IMG_20191218_141945.jpg

Close up.jpg

• Like 3

Just another Tenere Tragic

Great photo...great looking T7! Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 2

Yep that is a great looking T7.....so envious of you having been able to get hit that mileage out in only five months !

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, slawmir said:

It surprised me  what the guy on BMW R100GS was doing on his bike.  

Those bikes are more than capable, i got one to:

196.thumb.JPG.6ef3cd772b27dafb0987efaeb68445b6.JPG

• Like 4

After some modification we are still beautiful...I am thinking hyperpro -35mm lowering front and rear fork kit...what do you think? İs it can be negative like a linkage lowering or it can be good after lowering with hyperpro...? I think touaretech also same...

DSCF2740.JPG

• Like 6