Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

On 7/12/2020 at 6:04 AM, helipilotxtz700 said:

My new Baby!

20200702_114543.jpg

Hi helipilotxtz700

Are those Bajadesigns S1 model? Can you share some information please? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Takata said:

Hi helipilotxtz700

Are those Bajadesigns S1 model? Can you share some information please? 

Yes they are S1 spot lights mounted on Yamaha Factory fog light brackets! I then modified the brackets to work! Super bright! Plus I used PIAA water proof switch!

• Like 1

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

17 minutes ago, helipilotxtz700 said:

Yes they are S1 spot lights mounted on Yamaha Factory fog light brackets! I then modified the brackets to work! Super bright! Plus I used PIAA water proof switch!

Thanks for the information. I want to buy them since more than a year now. Finally saw one mounted and looks very nice. The product is not easy to found in EU tough. I am interest in wide fog/cornering lights or maybe flood. I need some lights on the sides as I like noght riding a lot😊

What kind of modification you made may I ask? 

4 hours ago, Takata said:

Thanks for the information. I want to buy them since more than a year now. Finally saw one mounted and looks very nice. The product is not easy to found in EU tough. I am interest in wide fog/cornering lights or maybe flood. I need some lights on the sides as I like noght riding a lot😊

What kind of modification you made may I ask? 

You can get those same lights in a flood cornering light! I bought mine off Amazon for 188.00 dollars! Piaa switch was 19.00 dollars!

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

On 7/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, helipilotxtz700 said:

Thanks. How did you mod the bracket for the BD S1?

8 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

I cut the ears off and made it flat and drilled a hole for the bolt! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, helipilotxtz700 said:

Thanks for the detail again.

The **UP FRONT** Lights Goal is BIG and important:

a) Baja Designs S1 Spot pair - **fixed-->Straight mounted to the OEM brackets (Do NOT turn with wheel)

GOAL:  DISTANCE spot = 2,375  Lumens each light

$188.00

Denali 2.0 on/off illuminated waterproof switch - Turn off those lights when needed to NOT blind oncoming

drivers

b) SUPER WIDE ANGLE "WAKE UP" Lights - Possible Amber or similar that can possible be integrated with

the turn signals. Not sure what these are yet, but they may mount to the GIVI lower crash bars, which by the way

are super light and provide just enough protection for balanced on / off road riding.

The **REAR** lighting goal

a) LED Plus YAM Signals..were a bit too pricy (EDIT: I have them regardless 🤩)

b) Possible HYPERLIGHTS - those lights are inexpensive and amazing

I've found out over the years how important lighting is and the safety it provides! 

Edited by ADVUSA

Picked up my new bike yesterday. Here it is, in it's natural habitat:

DSC_0357.JPG

• Like 6

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is that red and the picture above two different color reds?

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, loneranger700 said:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is that red and the picture above two different color reds?

No tricks, you are correct! @Raindog has a European made bike with the original true red, and @BADDANDY has a Japanese made bike with the darker red. The darker red is what Canada and USA folks are getting at the moment.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

USA model is a candy red! I love it!

On 7/17/2020 at 8:40 PM, ADVUSA said:

20200613_121625.jpg

Bit of single track on the work commute. Take the long way home, lads!

inbound5107828708092443358.jpg

• Like 3

Out in my back yard. Amazed by where these units can go. Limiting factor so far is definitely the rider. 

inbound9184409667077841303.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

Couple of pics of the new ride. Along Hwy 49, south of Coulterville, Ca., near the Little Dragon and the obligatory dirt road, just so she doesn't come home clean!

20200726_081640.jpg

20200726_090319.jpg

20200726_083603.jpg

• Like 4

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The bridge with no ends.

0725201356.thumb.jpg.07c789b83a5c817302c7f93b1ce61967.jpg

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

144 mile ride this weekend... Good roads and great bike 

Aleks 

20200726100006_IMG_1094.jpg

20200726100147_IMG_1100.jpg

• Like 3

All good before it rains! 

DSC02479.jpg

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Johnnyboxer said:

Here’s with the first 2 miles on the clock

96F6C245-0A20-407D-B045-2953DDB70DC5.jpeg

FBE6565C-36FD-42BC-B77B-18595EFA239F.jpeg

Does riding in the grass count as getting her dirty? 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 weeks later...

Nice easy 265 mile break-in ride. Hit a varying amount of riding (highway, twisty two lane, forest service road). Tried really hard not to push it since in that break-in period. She just wants to run though.

IMG_20200807_141318.jpg

• Like 2