Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

Superb. Best colour too 😀. Same as I've ordered. 

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Rich

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, NRWhiteKnight said:

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of members bikes. Whether it's on the trailer, in the garage, in the driveway, or with a scenic view.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, NRWhiteKnight said:

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of members bikes. Whether it's on the trailer, in the garage, in the driveway, or with a scenic view.

NRWhiteKnight

this is how to get a T700 in a Mercedes Vito people carrier. Remove mirrors, top screen and front wheel. Simples

E857D1FD-CCD0-4685-8FA9-81487E31F742.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20190731_174132_HDR.thumb.jpg.2b18e3f39611f5defc2b24707bb8c9a4.jpg

230 km first day of ovning my Tenere. It's a magnificent bike.

Edited by New Order
  • Like 5

Hi new order,

Congratulations on your Tenere. 

Thanks for sharing your photo and great to hear that you love the bike.

Please share more photos and ride stories. 

Cheers 

Marty 

• Like 1

20190801_173722_HDR.thumb.jpg.0e5f2c5eb89d1648c7431eac608a8057.jpg

400 km. Ride report. I'm getting used to her now. She's an honest bike. Tells You what's happening on the ground beneath her.

I'm just getting more and more impressed by the gearing and engine. The torque makes her really fun and easy to ride on a gravel road. It'spot on. Perfect. You will see.

The initial impression on the breaks was that It wasn't that special. But either have I got used to them, or something has happened. They have bite if necessary, and easy to adjust the right amount of force.

The bad things? The wind buffering. I get a lot of that. I'm 184 cm. The stock seat. It's too hard. Made for masochists. I am longing for the rally raid seat. Can't wait to get it. And perhaps it will help with the wind buffering to. I hope so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's great to see you are enjoying your new bike now that it is ready for you. Your comments on the seat and screen interest me. Certainly I see a problem with the screen by the way it is shaped, tilting forwards at the top could only create buffeting around your upper body, or head, where you want it least. If it were me I would seriously consider chopping off the top of the screen to aid a clean flow of air to the head/helmet region. 

Anyways, i'm interested to hear how the new seat goes when you get it, and till then, happy riding!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

It's great to see you are enjoying your new bike now that it is ready for you. Your comments on the seat and screen interest me. Certainly I see a problem with the screen by the way it is shaped, tilting forwards at the top could only create buffeting around your upper body, or head, where you want it least. If it were me I would seriously consider chopping off the top of the screen to aid a clean flow of air to the head/helmet region. 

Anyways, i'm interested to hear how the new seat goes when you get it, and till then, happy riding!

Thank You. I hope that the rally raid seat makes a difference both for comfort and the buffeting issue. Otherwise I perhaps do as You says and chop the windscreen 3 cm or so. Or perhaps getting a adjustable deflection. But this are minor flaws on a great bike. The fundamentals of this bike is truly amazing. Kudos to Yamaha to bring this kind of performance and quality at that price point. The competition needs to up their game to deliver something that can compete, for that price.

Edited by New Order

On 7/31/2019 at 7:24 AM, Motomad said:

Hi all. Great to be aboard! Collect mine on Friday. Can’t wait. ❤️🏍

E61C2912-632B-41DF-BD64-5CF0C5757351.jpeg

Look really sharp! Congrats! When you get it, take some pics and start an album on the forum in our Gallery! 

Just click on Gallery at the top of the forum if on computer, or just click the three lines at the top right if on a phone. Then click Gallery and then submit your pics to your new album.  Name it same as your username please.   The most recent pics in gallery actually show up on the front page of the website, up top! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, New Order said:

20190801_173722_HDR.thumb.jpg.0e5f2c5eb89d1648c7431eac608a8057.jpg

400 km. Ride report. I'm getting used to her now. She's an honest bike. Tells You what's happening on the ground beneath her.

I'm just getting more and more impressed by the gearing and engine. The torque makes her really fun and easy to ride on a gravel road. It'spot on. Perfect. You will see.

The initial impression on the breaks was that It wasn't that special. But either have I got used to them, or something has happened. They have bite if necessary, and easy to adjust the right amount of force.

The bad things? The wind buffering. I get a lot of that. I'm 184 cm. The stock seat. It's too hard. Made for masochists. I am longing for the rally raid seat. Can't wait to get it. And perhaps it will help with the wind buffering to. I hope so.

YOu should start your free album on the forum, just click "Gallery" and then upload pics and create your album. 

We are also having a dirt video contest, winner gets a 75 dollar usd giftcard! 

Il primo agosto sarà una data da segnare nel calendario: 
August 1st will be a date to mark in the calendar:

tumblr_pvksvhrNs61qzdqxoo1_640.jpg

eccola qui, ritirata ieri!

here it is, retired yesterday!

|\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\| 
https://ift.tt/2YmafWv

Edited by stradamax
  • Like 1

Hi Motomad,

Congratulations on your Tenere order, have you picked it up yet?

Have fun and keep us posted with photos and ride stories. 

Cheers Marty 

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

Hi Motomad,

Congratulations on your Tenere order, have you picked it up yet?

Have fun and keep us posted with photos and ride stories. 

Cheers Marty 

Hey Marty. I have picked it up today and just got back from the first 80mile run. 

What an engine. Loads of grunt right off the bottom. As good as my 1190R. 

285F0DB4-768B-4A71-B34B-1DCF037F10A4.jpeg

0875E3D1-F9B0-4372-8E72-AA9907226214.jpeg

0876CF75-9099-483A-B0C6-F340F62249E1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Motomad said:

Hey Marty. I have picked it up today and just got back from the first 80mile run. 

What an engine. Loads of grunt right off the bottom. As good as my 1190R. 

285F0DB4-768B-4A71-B34B-1DCF037F10A4.jpeg

0875E3D1-F9B0-4372-8E72-AA9907226214.jpeg

0876CF75-9099-483A-B0C6-F340F62249E1.jpeg

Congrats! Please start an album in our gallery! Just click on "gallery" and start your album and upload some pics! Its a great free place to keep pics of your T7 and show the world! 

Hi Murska, 

Congrats on your new Tenere. 

Thanks for sharing the photos.. Thats a cheap, but clever way to put a Akrapovic exhaust on.. 

Your GPS looks like a solid bit of gear. What brand is it? It fits perfectly in there.. 

Please share more pics and ride stories. 

Cheers 

Marty.  

Hi Motomad, 

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your T7. 

It seems to be the common review that everyone is happy with the bike. 

I can't wait for mine to arrive in December.. As I am in Australia. I have to wait till then 😪

Enjoy your T7 and please share more pics and ride stories.

Cheers Marty 

26 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Your GPS looks like a solid bit of gear. What brand is it? It fits perfectly in there..

The phone holder is self-made for the T7 and is vibration damped.

• Like 1

Oh ohhhh  😍😍😍 my Ténébaby 😍😍😍 with Rally seat!!!  They deliver it next week..... My treaaaaaaaasure! 😂😂😂😂😍😍😍

IMG_20190802_115133.jpg

Hi Murska, 

Well done on your self made phone holder. 

Enjoy your Tenere and please share more photos and ride stories. 

Cheers Marty 

Hi Topcitor, 

Congratulations on your Tenere. Let us know when you get it and please share more photos and ride stories. 

Cheers Marty 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

Hi Topcitor, 

Congratulations on your Tenere. Let us know when you get it and please share more photos and ride stories. 

Cheers Marty 

Many thanks Marty!  Of course!  🕺🕺🔝🔝🤩🤩