Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, cabby said:

Taken last week. 

IMG_20191030_140547_635.jpg

Nice photo. Cracker lighting. Super location. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cabby said:

Taken last week. 

IMG_20191030_140547_635.jpg

Very nice picture and you have got the fastest colour as well :)... What helmet are you using? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Very nice picture and you have got the fastest colour as well :)... What helmet are you using? 

Shoei Adventure 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, cabby said:

A slippery day today..

^ Another nice pic. I reckon there is more predicable grip in the middle looser less compacted section of gravel.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, X Plane said:

^ Another nice pic. I reckon there is more predicable grip in the middle looser less compacted section of gravel.

It was forest track with wet pine needles and cambered on both sides so was swapping from side to middle to side to find the best grip, possibly wasn't the wisest of rides but hey ho no dramas. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Collected this fella last week and got out on the trails around Valencia today. 

1052213808_ScreenShot2019-11-23at11_10.09PM32.png.df63a77671753aa1f341546447e422da.png

• Like 3

Greetings from not so sunny Cornwall, just picked mine up yesterday, managed to get 180 miles on it this weekend before washing it and squeezing it into my 8ft shed diagonally. Got some nice plans for a colour scheme and a few accessories to buy. Enjoying the site, cheers for now

(ordered 1st September)

85BA996B-170F-4B41-8ECE-F3DC951E2E47.jpeg

E215D12B-E1E7-4B58-A86F-FDD5961FD43E.jpeg

• Like 6

Jeez there is some nice scenery in some of those shots from some of you lot. I guess that's what it is all about, getting on the bike and going somewhere nice.

Keep it up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Jeez there is some nice scenery in some of those shots from some of you lot. I guess that's what it is all about, getting on the bike and going somewhere nice.

Keep it up!

The adventure starts when the ashphalt  ends 

• Haha 1

Picked the bike up today and I'm as happy as a kid in the candy shop. 

Coming from a Gsa I am more than happy as this is so much more fun and easier to ride. 

Rain didn't stop me from being a happy chap today. 

ACF 50 on Saturday and heated grips. 

Love the blue even more now... Happy days 

IMG_20191128_154320__01.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member

How are you applying the ACF 50, aerosol, or the raw gulp or spray-gun compressor etc.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, X Plane said:

How are you applying the ACF 50, aerosol, or the raw gulp or spray-gun compressor etc.?

Sharing a video I found which will be my plan for ACF 50. 

If you want to force the lubricant into places, in my opinion I feel a low cost sprayer and compressor is needed.

____One day___  ☘️     when the bike arrives I'll use a spray gun per this fellow below:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

Sharing a video I found which will be my plan for ACF 50. 

If you want to force the lubricant into places, in my opinion I feel a low cost sprayer and compressor is needed.

____One day___  ☘️     when the bike arrives I'll use a spray gun per this fellow below:

That's a good way of doing it. I don't have the facilities at the moment to use a gun so I will use the ACF 50 with the provided application gun and do my best to go reach all the areas that are hidden. 

I am still in a debate if I should mask the tyres and brakes and do the spikes as well by brush but I might give it a go. Most people don't do the wheels as it is a pain in the.... 

Understood. I would ensure the spokes are wiped down really good and just lightly touch the brake unit.

I'm going to cover the tires.

Honestly, I don't have a facility either - no garage. All of my tools and supplies are in a spare room.

I've done tons of work on my bike outside (and inside).  Already found gallon of ACF 50 on sale as well as the gun on sale.

Compressor (10 gal.) will be about 200 USD, and I'll need a hose.

All done right outside in a condo community - I'll go around the corner of the building and the compressor is low noise

so no problems !  😀

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

Understood. I would ensure the spokes are wiped down really good and just lightly touch the brake unit.

I'm going to cover the tires.

Honestly, I don't have a facility either - no garage. All of my tools and supplies are in a spare room.

I've done tons of work on my bike outside (and inside).  Already found gallon of ACF 50 on sale as well as the gun on sale.

Compressor (10 gal.) will be about 200 USD, and I'll need a hose.

All done right outside in a condo community - I'll go around the corner of the building and the compressor is low noise

so no problems !  😀

In Picture #1 below in the past is The 'internal' garage , note the Monster motorcycle stand !

The 2nd picture is The 'external' garage  - notice the new (pre-Tenere) flooring

as well as the custom rear rack plate ! 

Picture #3 is busy work in the 'internal garage'

Picture #4 is pre-Tenere fun...

Picture #5 is what my garage might look like if I had one...:classic_smile:

20180207_044854.jpg

20191129_125849_resized.jpg

20180304_115049.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 7.24.14 PM.png

garage_if_I_had_one.jpg

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

In Picture #1 below in the past is The 'internal' garage , note the Monster motorcycle stand !

The 2nd picture is The 'external' garage  - notice the new (pre-Tenere) flooring

as well as the custom rear rack plate ! 

Picture #3 is busy work in the 'internal garage'

Picture #4 is pre-Tenere fun...

Picture #5 is what my garage might look like if I had one...:classic_smile:

20180207_044854.jpg

20191129_125849_resized.jpg

20180304_115049.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 7.24.14 PM.png

garage_if_I_had_one.jpg

I see that you have a motorcyle cover garage type of thing...🤣 (sorry don't know how to call them) 

Question is do you find it useful as I'm thinking to get one for the t7 but I'm worried about stories with humidity. 

Just wondering how you feel about it... Aleks 

Ah thanks for asking !  It's perfect.  Mine I custom made out of PVC plumbing supplies and super heavy duty tarp. If the 'cover' piece mates well with the 'base floor' piece, and you ensure no run-off water can enter, then no there should be no issue. One approach I've taken a couple times is to 'wedge-up' the cover piece to allow breathing. Another approach is to mount plastic vents with screen. Only a few times I've seen humidity on the bike. The ACF 50 plan will address that! There are a lot of makers of those shelters if you don't wish to make one. Search around.  Cheers. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Thanks 1

Waiting for things to  melt a bit so I can install heated grips and get out tomorrow... 😎

IMG_20191130_073625__01__01.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 11:27 AM, shaneygrog said:

Ouch! Poor bike needs a warm bum on the seat!

Went out today 2.5h about 90 miles.. Loved it.. A bit cold but still fun 😊😁

IMG_20191201_141634__01.jpg

IMG_20191201_130008__01.jpg

• Like 4

Pictures of my first ride with my new T7 around Chantilly and Senlis in France, a bit cold but sunny !

WP_20191204_14_23_36_Rich[1].jpg

WP_20191204_14_51_30_Rich[1].jpg

• Like 5