Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Did you ride today?

Christoph

A T7 can handle anything, including whatever you do at work. It's like your actually at work but with competent help. I'd count this as riding! 😅

Hope your time in quarantine goes well. Hoping for better times 🙏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I took one day off work, because it was the first sunny day after lots of rain and because they're starting to talk about a new lockdown Xmas Edition. So off I went to ride some 300 km in Western Sicily, enjoying mainly coastal roads with plenty of bends and stunning view. A great day, this bike has a "grin factor" that puts it above lots of others...

• Like 2

Too much ice on the roads and my lanes to even dream of riding. Hard enough to even walk up to the machine shed without breaking your butt.

Managed to get new DirtRacks front crashbars and luggage rack on in the cold but didn't dare put the heated handgrips on not knowing if the grip glue would work. 

Maybe it will thaw enough to ride later this weekend 🤔 

I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you blokes to get through this winter weather. 

Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

KTM 1190 about 2/3 down this hill  zoom in to see  ettNDir.jpg

Bnsxn6H.jpg

uVsj0uM.jpg

I0ZvP5R.jpg

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 2

Today, I took one of my old Dr650 for a ride. The weather was beautiful, a little below zero Celsius, I like this kind of weather.🙂

1608477112246.jpg

1608477331301.jpg

1608477570860.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

@slawmir That looks so cold I was looking for my gloves just to view your pics! 🥶

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@slawmir That looks so cold I was looking for my gloves just to view your pics! 🥶

I've got Daytona heated grips installed and military gore-tex  winter gloves, so it's hot.

• Like 2

• Moderators

@REDHORSECA Did you guys try ascending the hill in the first pic? Judging the slope from the picture it looks to be a pretty good challenge for big bikes. Also, is this the Crestline area?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

13 minutes ago, slawmir said:

Today, I took one of my old Dr650 for a ride. The weather was beautiful, a little below zero Celsius, I like this kind of weather.🙂

1608477112246.jpg

1608477331301.jpg

1608477570860.jpg

Looks like fun. If we get enough melt today it will be safe enough to ride.

Awesome 👌 

• Like 1

Had a 3h and 270km ride yesterday.  Looks like the last ride of the season as temp is getting lower and lower (6C yesterday). Anyhow, happy with the long season from mid-Feb to mid-Dec.

23F5C912-588B-47F8-B5B4-4C71DFDF93B9.jpeg

021CA1CC-4E69-4C97-811C-ADA06FB32A45.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

@REDHORSECA Did you guys try ascending the hill in the first pic? Judging the slope from the picture it looks to be a pretty good challenge for big bikes. Also, is this the Crestline area?

No, just down this hill. There was hill going up that was more challenging. 

This is East of Magic Mountain a good distance. 

• Like 2

Rain, hail ,quite a bit of sunshine 🌞 today...great to be out on the Tenere!

IMG_20201220_133134_576.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saturdays ride with my pals. 4 each T700 in this group. Was 5 T700 for a bit when we made new friends on the trails. They peeled off later and went their own route. 

• Like 2

Very windy here today, but the roads are bare. I wanted to get up to 1000 miles to do the oil change and install my Camel Gut Guard!

• Like 1

Snow on the ground here in Maine. Decided to leave the motos parked today and rode mountain bike with studded tires. Maybe it’s time to put the studs back on my Ktm 450 and have some fun on that. 

A583FEEE-3592-42E0-9505-31060343F661.jpeg

• Like 2

I rode my T700 125 miles today on a sunny 40 degree day in Southern Illinois......turned over 5600 miles on the bike today.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Richarddd said:

Snow on the ground here in Maine. Decided to leave the motos parked today and rode mountain bike with studded tires. Maybe it’s time to put the studs back on my Ktm 450 and have some fun on that. 

A583FEEE-3592-42E0-9505-31060343F661.jpeg

Is that a 29r?

Love my Krampus.