Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Free 3D print file for Anti-Vibration brace

mr. projekt

5 hours ago, Liquidape said:

Use an HP Multi Fusion Jet or something else?

you are correct my friend HP 🙂

On 12/23/2020 at 11:16 AM, JimmyTheHuman said:

So this seems ok for 2?

image.thumb.png.6ac79ed12c6ae58db3fdb5cee263521e.png

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry to ask again, but i have no idea about 3d printing...does the above sounds right?

Nylon or PC are probably the best choices for functional outdoor use. But they both require specific care for printing. They easily absorb moisture which results in bad quality and/or brittle prints if not dried properly. they also easily warp and shrink during printing.

ABS is slightly more forgiving but still requires high printing temperatures both for nozzle temp and for printbed temperature. A heated printing chamber is highly recommended to prevent warping. A full metal hotend is advised as well.

PETG is probably the best compromise as it prints more reliably in various circumstances and needs only lower temperatures that allow for printing with the more common PTFE-lined nozzles. Glass transition temperature is high enough not to deform when left out in the heat of the sun for extended periods. It is also more UV resistant than ABS.

PLA may be easy to print, but it will become soft and deform when left in the heat of the sun for extended periods.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

14 hours ago, JimmyTheHuman said:

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry to ask again, but i have no idea about 3d printing...does the above sounds right?

I printed that in pla, i can send it to you for a half price... 

s-l400.jpg

Anti Bobble T7 Tenere Yamaha. Condition is "New". Shipped with Economy Shipping.

The PLA start deform at 70°Celsius... I dont say that the heat of the sun reach 70Celsius...

1 hour ago, Ac T7 power said:

I printed that in pla, i can send it to you for a half price... 

s-l400.jpg

Anti Bobble T7 Tenere Yamaha. Condition is "New". Shipped with Economy Shipping.

The PLA start deform at 70°Celsius... I dont say that the heat of the sun reach 70Celsius...

Actually the HDT (heat deflection temperature) of PLA is more like 49-51 Deg C. So it will deform a when in the sun on a hot day. 

Edited by Liquidape

On 12/28/2020 at 1:00 AM, Liquidape said:

Actually the HDT (heat deflection temperature) of PLA is more like 49-51 Deg C. So it will deform a when in the sun on a hot day. 

Hi, 

Yes you are right! 

I start today Printing in PETG (one of the Best for Outdoor) 

Says in all Internet... 

I can send it in one day with tracking number. 

Today i send a Frame Plugs to Sweden! 

Thanks 

T7 POWER 🤜 😎

IMG_20201216_194140.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the offers. I went with a bit of fuel hose between the mount and headlight assembly. Its firmed it right up.

Hanging out a bit in the photo, but i trimmed it and its hard to see now. Just a 35mm length each side for now. Will see how much is loosens up and keep my eye out for a better rubber grommet on my travels.

grommet.thumb.png.ef9d93ab8cf47619256b97d88f0ec19e.png

Edited by JimmyTheHuman
add pic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished printing off a few mounts as well as some swing arm caps and Garmin mounts for a few fellow riders. Turned out good! 

8C950654-4257-4564-AEC2-CC7A79F5A29B.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 4:40 PM, Baggey22 said:

Hey, I’m Adam Bagdon! Here’s mine printed up and installed

BBFC6D29-7B00-4BAC-B8E8-4378E6EE32B9.thumb.jpeg.bf2d29db7240a2859293f8ee1077bde3.jpeg

657D58AB-B90C-489B-AE96-3A2D8C4740CC.thumb.jpeg.f1de9f5c427e16412d621c32641befd8.jpeg

Great job, Baggey!!!! Thumbs up for you!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 4:40 PM, mr. projekt said:

All,

On a Tenere 700 Facebook group, there was a gentleman named Adam Bagdon that kindly emailed me a free file to 3D print for an Anti-bobblehead / anti-vibration brace. 

I wanted to share with you all here on the forums. I've added the file to my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15GU64X_LqL9IvzGa7dHfiTKiGsBnzh9Q/view?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: I have not yet 3D printed this or tried it out so I cant personally vouch for the fitment or anything (the holidays are SUPER hectic around my house) but wanted to post in case someone was looking for a fun experiment. 

I will probably get to printing this in early January and will post pics and a review as soon as I can for the group!

Thanks for the file! I just had this brace printed and installed. Fit was great and install was easy. Remove 4 windshield bolts. Remove one bolt from end of accessory bar and loosen the other. Slightly pry apart black supports for bar and slide on new brace. Put bar back in place and tighten bolts. Remove  two bolts from back of computer. Swing new brace down into place replace computer bolts with slightly longer ones. (I had some lying around. Not sure of the size.) When screwing the new bolts into the back of computer you may have to use your fingertip to keep what you're screwing into from spinning. Not going to be able to test it for a while due to weather but so far I like it!

Tenere700 3dbrace.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Me alegra ver que mi idea os es de utilidad ya que lo estoy viendo por todas partes (un Exito). En Cults3d tenéis a versión 2.0 o la 1.0. Te lo descargas y te lo imprimes tu dónde tú quieras  siguiendo las instrucciones que doy en las explicaciones.

Saludos

20210226_131104.jpg

Reductor de vibraciones en la barra de gps de la Yamaha Tenere 700. Es una versión actualizada de mi diseño anterior, diseño que algunos están vendiendo por su cuenta sin mi permiso saltándose los derechos de autor. El diseño de...

20200811_152632.jpg

Soporte para "reducir, NO eliminar del todo" las vibraciones de la barra de soporte del GPS de la Yamaha Tenere 700. El que no tenga impresora y necesite que se lo imprima, que me lo haga saber.

Edited by Rafa

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, POLISHADAM82 said:

Reveal hidden contents

20201221_171638.jpg

I'd love to buy one if you have any left and live in Poland

1 hour ago, ramzz_pl said:

I'd love to buy one if you have any left and live in Poland

I could print more but i think shipping will kill it try locating some in europe I think there is few guys making them there. I havent been in PL in over 20 years 

• Like 1

Where did you get the Swing Arm Cap files?

1 hour ago, Offcamber said:

Where did you get the Swing Arm Cap files?

featured_preview_125184325_8271767313900

Plug for the main swingarm pivot holes of Yamaha Tenere 700. There is also a "bed" designed to accommodate for a 2.5mm (30/31mm in diameter) o-ring if you want the extra sealing protection. Print settings vary...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, POLISHADAM82 said:

I could print more but i think shipping will kill it try locating some in europe I think there is few guys making them there. I havent been in PL in over 20 years 

Hey, if you want a better improved option my fried come up with his design which is in my opinion way better. (before his I broke 3 of those 3D printed mounts) 

He is from Czech and able to send it to you . 🙂 

https://www.facebook.com/misiac.sro

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mezekk said:

Hey, if you want a better improved option my fried come up with his design which is in my opinion way better. (before his I broke 3 of those 3D printed mounts) 

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

I actually have anti bubble from Camel Adv this was just a side project just for fun thanx tho

2 hours ago, Mezekk said:

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

Think he’d send just the file? My original brace broke the other day and I’ve been thinking about a different solution. 

6 hours ago, Mezekk said:

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

Those look great.  Just to clarify is he selling the part or giving out the file for free?

I'm going to print the first design to try out.  But I do like the way those look moreso than the original.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:54 PM, Baggey22 said:

Think he’d send just the file? My original brace broke the other day and I’ve been thinking about a different solution. 

Hey ask him on fb he is pretty active there.

On 5/25/2021 at 2:22 AM, advrallymoto said:

Those look great.  Just to clarify is he selling the part or giving out the file for free?

I'm going to print the first design to try out.  But I do like the way those look moreso than the original.

I think since he work on it and henis selling some printed stuff for ktm 790 as well so he will sell this too

btw great stuff crashed hard two times already and still holding really happy with this one

On 12/18/2020 at 1:40 AM, mr. projekt said:

All,

On a Tenere 700 Facebook group, there was a gentleman named Adam Bagdon that kindly emailed me a free file to 3D print for an Anti-bobblehead / anti-vibration brace. 

I wanted to share with you all here on the forums. I've added the file to my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15GU64X_LqL9IvzGa7dHfiTKiGsBnzh9Q/view?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: I have not yet 3D printed this or tried it out so I cant personally vouch for the fitment or anything (the holidays are SUPER hectic around my house) but wanted to post in case someone was looking for a fun experiment. 

I will probably get to printing this in early January and will post pics and a review as soon as I can for the group!

Thank you for sharing the file. Printed with nylon mixed with carbon fiber. Very light and strong

2021-05-29 09.31.18.jpg