Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Screen name origin ?

AZJW

• Moderators

In helping moderate this great forum,  I spend a fair amount of bad weather days cruising the forum and see some really interesting screen names. Some I can figure out,  some I can't and some I'm afraid to know,  lol. Anyway,  I'll start.

AZJW ( was CAJW).  Initials are JW, was a California resident, in the process of moving back to Arizona.  Real original, huh. Best I could come up with a 4 letter minimum. Let's hear yours.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Desert Mariner: I'm a California native and a mariner. I'm a diver, sailor and sea kayaker who took a teaching job at a small college in the middle of Arizona where, surprisingly, I found myself teaching on the ocean for most of my career through our field station in Mexico. I've spent that last 25 exploring the Gulf of California with my students, a sea surrounded by desert.

Riding motorcycles in the southwest reminds me of the open horizons that I love on the ocean. My loaded motorcycle becomes my "ship of the desert". Although I'm often generating my own wind on a motorcycle, the feel is similar to sailing and it seems that I can tolerate being away from the sea better when I'm riding motorcycles.

One of my most significant, recent motorcycle trips was to circumnavigate the Gulf of California on a motorcycle, including taking a ferry from Topolobampo in Sinaloa over to La Paz in Baja Sur. It was during that trip that I came up with the moniker, Desert Mariner. 

Edited by Desert Mariner
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My name is Bob , you can probably guess the rest but I'll give you a hand anyway......😜

288697381_KTMandnewleg001.JPG.04b5c4f1af7a30be771ca84eab8173cd.thumb.JPG.19ce225c862a20323fa308e214a1bedc.JPG

A real captain!

Do you still have the shifter on that side?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Insane rider said:

A real captain!

Do you still have the shifter on that side?

Yes, after tyring various adaptions I just shift with my heel now.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My old Dr650RS, had electric start and a headlight cowl....as most of my vehicles have been named after Douglas Adams characters....so electric_monk

As i've just ordered a matte black T7 it will probably be named Hotblack Desiato...

Edited by electric_monk
  • Like 1

My "gamer" name was Snake, fomr metal gear solid, obviously thats been taken over and over so I usually need to add numbers at the end, so I've just been switching the letters around, and added an "a" I guess

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Ummm, it’s my name… 🤓 it’s weird enough that it’s always available when I sign up somewhere lol. And the date my mom

yetted me. 

I hate to be anonimous and hide behind a screen name so i always try to get my own name.

When that won't work at least let it start with my name.

I also don't understand why so many people intoduce themselves without introducing themselves, they don't get a welcome from me.

Don't care about the life story but without a first name i feel like talking to a keyboard instead of a person.

Landshark is a name that I used after I placed a fish sticker on my 2001 KLR just for laughs.  I'm only on 2 forums so I use it for both.

My real name is Al.  That's for you @Ray Ride4life

It's not easy being anonymous when you ride with a lot of the folks on these forums.  And it's those rides that put meaning to all this forum reading.  

• Like 2

Been SeaRun1 since my first entry on the web back in 95.  It used to be available.  It comes from my love for sea run fish and fishing here in the PNW, namely the steelhead and the sea run cutthroat.  The term refers to fish that are anadromous.  They are born in freshwater but go to the saltwater to get big.  They then return to the freshwater to spawn.

SR1

Edited by SeaRun1

My initials are JW, and when I moved to Texas for a job many years ago a lady in the office promptly named me JDub instead of using my first name. Apparently that's a Texas thing, and it stuck with many of my co-workers.

I used that as my screen name when I joined AdvRider in 2004, but for some reason it wouldn't take on this forum so I added 53 behind it because I was a CH-53D mechanic/crew chief while in the Marine Corps. 

CANZVT - Canada New Zealand V-Twin.

I'm Canadian. When I lived in NZ I designed and built a 1200cc turbo-charged, fuel injected, liquid cooled V-Twin of my own design. It ran, albeit for a very short time. Realized at the running point that I made a bunch of errors in my design and execution, but it has been and still is my inspiration to design and build more and more things.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

I'm originally from OZ (The Shire) & when I got a job in the Technical Services dept of Canada Post a fellow worker started calling me 'Bighopper' I'm 6' 2" (but shrinking as I age) so I started using it on most forums I belong too.

• 1 month later...

Well, because i'm one of the BikeBrothers. The other one is my brother...

We took this name when we start traveling in the '90s on our DR600. We had a dream of travelling all over the world on our DR's, and we did.

Have a look at our homepage for our adventures:

www.bikebrothers.nl

I like to be just me but Ray is a very common name which is often occupied.
Ride4life.nl is my website where i post blogs of what i do on or with my bikes, sometimes supported by video's so added that to my real name.