Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
AZJW

Screen name origin ?

AZJW

In helping moderate this great forum,  I spend a fair amount of bad weather days cruising the forum and see some really interesting screen names. Some I can figure out,  some I can't and some I'm afraid to know,  lol. Anyway,  I'll start.

AZJW ( was CAJW).  Initials are JW, was a California resident, in the process of moving back to Arizona.  Real original, huh. Best I could come up with a 4 letter minimum. Let's hear yours.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes

Desert Mariner

Desert Mariner: I'm a California native and a mariner. I'm a diver, sailor and sea kayaker who took a teaching job at a small college in the middle of Arizona where, surprisingly, I found myself teaching on the ocean for most of my career through our field station in Mexico. I've spent that last 25 exploring the Gulf of California with my students, a sea surrounded by desert.

Riding motorcycles in the southwest reminds me of the open horizons that I love on the ocean. My loaded motorcycle becomes my "ship of the desert". Although I'm often generating my own wind on a motorcycle, the feel is similar to sailing and it seems that I can tolerate being away from the sea better when I'm riding motorcycles.

One of my most significant, recent motorcycle trips was to circumnavigate the Gulf of California on a motorcycle, including taking a ferry from Topolobampo in Sinaloa over to La Paz in Baja Sur. It was during that trip that I came up with the moniker, Desert Mariner. 

Edited by Desert Mariner
  • Like 2

boboneleg

My name is Bob , you can probably guess the rest but I'll give you a hand anyway......😜

288697381_KTMandnewleg001.JPG.04b5c4f1af7a30be771ca84eab8173cd.thumb.JPG.19ce225c862a20323fa308e214a1bedc.JPG

• Like 3

Insane rider
46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My name is Bob , you can probably guess the rest but I'll give you a hand anyway......😜

288697381_KTMandnewleg001.JPG.04b5c4f1af7a30be771ca84eab8173cd.thumb.JPG.19ce225c862a20323fa308e214a1bedc.JPG

A real captain!

Do you still have the shifter on that side?

• Like 2

norton73

beefy norton.jpg

• Like 1

boboneleg
13 hours ago, Insane rider said:

A real captain!

Do you still have the shifter on that side?

Yes, after tyring various adaptions I just shift with my heel now.

• Like 1

electric_monk

My old Dr650RS, had electric start and a headlight cowl....as most of my vehicles have been named after Douglas Adams characters....so electric_monk

As i've just ordered a matte black T7 it will probably be named Hotblack Desiato...

Edited by electric_monk

Seakan

My "gamer" name was Snake, fomr metal gear solid, obviously thats been taken over and over so I usually need to add numbers at the end, so I've just been switching the letters around, and added an "a" I guess