Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Forum etiquette

DT675

Just thinking out loud here.

What do you all think about when a poster posts on a thread, say with a bunch of pictures along with descriptions.  Then the next poster comes along to ask a question about the previous post and quotes them, which will include all the pics and descriptions, essentially doubling them. Let alone if several forum members do the same. This not only makes that “page” of the thread longer but more convoluted. Doesn’t it?  I’m guilty of doing this too. It seems to me if your the very next poster, why not just ask the question rather than quoting them?  Or using the “@“ with the users name? I tend to re-quote someone’s post if it’s like a few pages back. 

Anyway, like I said earlier, just thinking out loud here...

• Like 3

• Moderators

@DT675 Sound thinking,  I totally agree, just a @ reply will get your comments addressed to the op and save a bunch of webpage space. Another method is to trim out the non pertinent pictures/text from the reply, but your observation is a valid one. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS