Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is anyone else with a deposit still waiting on delivery?

afhaldeman

As above, new guy here, sharing info. I called around California 14 days ago, after seeing Black on a Dealers floor. Found my White/Red in Chatsworth, did the deal over the phone, and picking up in 10 days time. I was initially planning to wait for next year, but y'all built so much stoke around this thing, I got swept along!

Cheers

• Like 1

I put a deposit down in late April for a June order cycle. He thinks "August or September arrival".  I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I was told March, April, and then mid-June. I have had a deposit on a bike since December of last year and they are hoping it might get here in August. Really quite sad because I've been looking forward to this bike all summer.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, joenuclear said:

Deposit in April, bike arrived this week. Paid for via wire transfer. Pick up at my leisure.

Where are you located?

I've had a deposit on a T7 since April.  It was supposed to arrive in June but that got bumped to July then bumped again until at least late August.  

Yesterday I found a used T7 from a private seller about 1.5 hours away with only 1200 miles on it.  I pulled the trigger on the used one and got my deposit back from the dealer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

See my update from another thread - my dealer had all his remaining 2021 orders cancelled and was told to reorder when 2022 models are available - but no timeline was given.

Edited by RobR

Put a deposit on a bike already ordered by my local dealer, was told it would ship in August, talked to the dealer this last weekend and now its September supposedly.

• Sad 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:00 AM, joenuclear said:

I live in Arkansas. Bike is in Alabama. 

which dealer?  I put a deposit on mine in March from Speedzone in Oxford, AL and picked up early June.  

• Members
22 hours ago, joenuclear said:

Powersports dealer just South of Birmingham.

Halls?  Interesting, because they would not even take my deposit in June.  Said they didn't know when they could order again.  Pinnacle in Bessemer happily took my deposit.

Around middle of July2021 I started looking for a T7, called about 15 local dealers near Pittsburgh, PA. No cigar and the earliest delivery offered was spring 2022. 

I just kept calling dealers within a 500mile radius, Motomember in Virginia ended up having 3 inbound, put down a deposit on one, came in about 2 weeks. I was super lucky but I put in a ton of work calling paces. 

• Like 1

Should I drop the deposit and pray? I'm dying to get a new bike. I gotta have this thing. Anyone finally receiving? N Is it possible to have one shipped across the country? Idc color just want new or light use

Just getting back in to the bike world and am putting down a deposit this week for a 2022 T7.  The dealership they are hoping to fill all of their orders (I’ll be 12 in line) between October to December.  I hate having to wait but can understand. Says a lot about this bike. 

• Like 1

I put a deposit down in March, was told late August for availability...  Checked in a couple weeks back, was told the factory was very behind...expect October.  The dealer hasn't mentioned 2022s yet....maybe I'll be getting that phone call next.

• Sad 1

Per an article on Advrider:

Sold Out: Harley Says The Pan America Special Is North America’s No. 1 Selling ADV Bike

I kind'a find this hard to believe....

Sold out maybe, they might have only made six.

#1 selling ADV bike, I don't think so.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

2 hours ago, Jollyman said:

I put a deposit down in March, was told late August for availability...  Checked in a couple weeks back, was told the factory was very behind...expect October.  The dealer hasn't mentioned 2022s yet....maybe I'll be getting that phone call next.

Hopefully now that we are moving in to September they will more information.  I’m not sure I can hold off for 6 months like you have.  I may go another route. 

...yeah, I'm going to wait and see what happens but it is definitely getting tiresome...  I'm in UT and can ride into October...just wasn't planning on it... 

1 hour ago, Kosmo said:

fun!

Black.

Montana.

Kosmo, I look forward to more of your posts....

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 1 month later...

Talked to my dealer yesterday....  She hasn't heard anything from Yamaha so October is out.  ...says she expects to hear about 2022s in November and we'll need to wait.  Anyone else hearing the same thing...or have other info? 

Seems getting things off the ships oncde they arrive is the biggest challenge. Wonder if and how many might just be sitting on a container off Long Beach right now?