Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Wheel Weight Kits, Balancing your wheels, what kit to get?

Tazmool

Question

• Premium Member

Hello Everyone, 

I am getting ready to pull my wheels and do the tubless conversion on them.  Part of the job will be to re-install the tires, and balance them. 
I've done plenty of tire replacements, and balancing, however I've never worked on wire wheels, and I don't have the proper wheel weights for balancing.

What weight kit should I get? 
I'm thinking about the re-useable, brass ones, but how many should I have in the kit? 

Would this be sufficient to do both the front and rear wheels?
spacer.png

Is this 12pc kit enough? 
Can you get away with a different kit? 

I normally I use lead strip weights, they are 1/4oz weights, and look like this:
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Tazmool

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I have both the brass/set screw and stick on type......I only use the brass set screw type on spoked wheels.  You can spray them black if the brass color isn’t your style.  They are so easy to use and work great.  The set shown will be more than enough for both wheels.

Edited by whisperquiet