Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
ChristosGR

Exhaust options and pictures.

MGG

I am in Canada so I do not plan buying an exhaust until I can properly ride the T7. A lot of people tell that the original sound is pretty good, but I am more worried about weight since I need to add racks so every kilogram counts. 

I also am waiting for CameADV to make a tail fuel tank available, that might influence the exhaust and racks.

If I would have to choose one today I would probably take the HPcorse same as video. That dual tip is nice, I would just hate to scratch all that nice carbon fibre. 

In reality there are 2 situations where the sound of the exhaust needs to be pleasant: 1- at the stop light it needs to be low and rich to give goosebumps and 2- at the normal highway speed 110kph/65mph so it's not annoyingly high pitched. 

I also need the exhaust to be sturdy enough so it does't bend or break at the first tip-over.

The connections of exhaust, piping and cat needs to be soldered or with proper clamps. I will not buy any spring attached exhaust, that's for shows. So the Remus exhaust is off the list for now.

I would also love a higher exhaust with a heat shield so that soft-bags can go over them without problem.

Edited by MGG

ADVUSA

Sir Adrian,  offers an OEM,  'free sound update.'

:classic_biggrin:  🏆  🏅 

Edited by ADVUSA

denis700

Someone said 200€ exhausts are impossible, but they are not. Seem well made to. Only problem..not E approved, so not my choice.

https://dominator.pl/en_BE/p/Tenere-700-Exhaust-Silencer-Carbon-Tip-HP1-2019-2020/2114

I'll go for the X-racing, 300+€ with shipping, E-approved, many options available through manufacturer communication, headers also available. (x-racing page till now not yet updated for the T7)

https://www.facebook.com/PietrikssonBlogger/videos/638953759974995/

Edited by denis700
  • Like 1

Aleksandar13
14 minutes ago, denis700 said:

Someone said 200€ exhausts are impossible, but they are not. Seem well made to. Only problem..not E approved, so not my choice.

https://dominator.pl/en_BE/p/Tenere-700-Exhaust-Silencer-Carbon-Tip-HP1-2019-2020/2114

I'll go for the X-racing, 300+€ with shipping, E-approved, many options available through manufacturer communication, headers also available. (x-racing page till now not yet updated for the T7)

https://www.facebook.com/PietrikssonBlogger/videos/638953759974995/

Thank you for sharing... I would like an exhaust that I can ride in Europe as well and not be forced to swap to stock one on trips... X race seems nice and could be an option.... At the moment my thoughts are with lextek. 

Bad Pritt

So any word on the Lextek ones?

JamesE
17 hours ago, Bad Pritt said:

So any word on the Lextek ones?

Emailed them this morning. Apparently they're still a couple of months off selling the link pipes. You could always do what @Wilcollinsphotos has done - buy the Lextek end can and get someone else to make a link pipe. Or just wait.

It's a good can. Should be getting the full system fitted on mine soon along with dyno testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9to5adv.com

Thomas Bak

Hello everybody.I fitted an akrapovic can from a tdm 900 it looks sounds and works perfect,the shop I went to do the job already had a link pipe from a tdm 900 so it was pretty easy I would say.It cost me only 250€!!!!they made just few adjustments on the link pipe and the can was from a crashed tdm 900 thats why the price was so low...the thing is you dont have to spend lots of money for a decent can...cheers

IMG_20200111_170800.jpg

IMG_20191124_121843.jpg

• Like 5

Aleksandar13
On 1/13/2020 at 3:11 PM, JamesE said:

Emailed them this morning. Apparently they're still a couple of months off selling the link pipes. You could always do what @Wilcollinsphotos has done - buy the Lextek end can and get someone else to make a link pipe. Or just wait.

It's a good can. Should be getting the full system fitted on mine soon along with dyno testing.

Would you know what link pipe works the best for the lextek end can.. Is it tracer 700 or mt07...? 

Would really appreciate some information if Lextek decides to wait another 2 months 🤔

Lupan

image.thumb.png.88330fab27bfef84aa3ed6ef1468736e.png

Look at this price... It´s a lot... If it was the 410 €...

And i´ve seen this one also is the second line of mivv, what do you think?

image.thumb.png.3e84f76c887a9bd9d23c9de4da224abc.png

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1

Aleksandar13

Back to this one... For the price don't think there is  nothing out there that can touch it... Very light and small as well.. Might be the way forward... I'm not sure yet.. But would think about black matt paint instead of mirror stainless.. What you guys think of the small exhaust..? 

Screenshot_20200122-203358.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-203725.jpg

MGG

I think the exhaust needs to "look normal" ... because there are some regulations that limits the actual changes (noise) we are allowed based on location. I would not choose a small one since I am bound to be stopped more often by the police. And I also suspect that a smaller one will also be louder ... 

The look and noise is one thing ... the other is how well it will resist tip-overs and crashes. If it bends on the first parking lot drop then there is no point in having it. 

I think that a black one could be much better than the shiny one.

And if it's that small it might as well be hidden, placed closer to the seat/frame and a bit more forward so that we have a cleaner back end allowing more weight on the tail section.

• Like 2