Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

On 8/18/2020 at 10:49 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Good morning, latest from instagram... High exhaust custom made... 👍 

Not for me but I'm sure a lot of people are interested. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200819-064748.jpg

Damn this looks sexy...

still happen to have the link for the insta?

On 8/20/2020 at 2:14 PM, TimmyTheHog said:

Damn this looks sexy...

still happen to have the link for the insta?

I like the angle but I think it will be to close to the rear brake linkage. Might boil the brake fluid. 🙂

Edited by DWEL700
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:49 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Good morning, latest from instagram... High exhaust custom made... 👍 

Not for me but I'm sure a lot of people are interested. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200819-064748.jpg

I would buy this high mount today!

On 8/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, DWEL700 said:

I like the angle but I think it will be to close to the rear brake linkage. Might boil the brake fluid. 🙂

well, depends on how close the brake hoses are, the reservoir looks far enough and well vented enough.

nothing like the KTM rear brake for sure.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, pgeldz said:

Yoshimura just released a new one also, with an optional spark arrestor!

13710BS520_TENERE_700_2021_RS12_SO_SS-SS-CF_1Gray_2048x2048.thumb.jpg.1d52f4c1883bd57caaab2576c886fed9.jpg

13710BS520_TENERE_700_2021_RS12_SO_SS-SS-CF_4Gray_2048x2048.thumb.jpg.e5e109a3681ca5a0e9bde0793bf717ba.jpg

SA-19-K2048_2048x2048.thumb.jpg.4ef07a264eb2eaeb4c965cbd890fbbc0.jpg

That looks and sounds killer

I did a thing 🙂

118679556_2019659818165119_3889982005382372463_n.thumb.jpg.32750efd924047aa804f209589d787d1.jpg

Torn between the HP Corse and Arrow, I finally caved when I heard the shop had an Arrow shipment literally about to leave Italy, and the only HP Corse we had left was destined for a customer.  They were like, "Paul, Arrow is ready to ship, is there anything you want to add?"

Twist my arm why dontcha, LoL!

I was also looking for the lightest system available, and I believe this is it - full titanium, to include their race headers and carbon heat shield.  I finally got a dyno graph from Arrow and it looks to make exceptionally good power...and it should, as I believe it was developed for a "certain race team"  🙂

Just waiting to iron out what I want to do as far as turn signals go, and then once everything is here I'll start the build, haha.

Edited by pgeldz
  • Like 2

Hi,

Could anyone of you describe the sound manifold without Kat (full system) with original exhaust?
Is anyone driving this constellation?

Didn't find anything on the net.

Maybe could someone with a complete system attach the original damper and make a video.

should not be louder than the oem manifold with an approved Slipon?

Thanks in advance

Edited by chuck02

Has anyone here pulled the baffle/spark arrestor out of their stock canister? Glorious tone. 

46AAED5A-925A-40CA-BE60-6C829E35AC98.jpeg

D37FE0EF-BC84-42F4-9880-A9867A1B2EC2.jpeg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, husky123 said:

Has anyone here pulled the baffle/spark arrestor out of their stock canister? Glorious tone. 

Yes, while waiting on my Mivv..... It does sound better than stock!

• Like 1

Got my Titanium Arrow exhaust! Man it sounds good!

20200821_172740.jpg

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

7 hours ago, OU812 said:

I did.  It sounds great in low to midrange. But at highway speeds it got a little wearisome, and I wear earplugs.  Spark arrestor went back in after 120 miles.  If it wasn't so bad on the long highway runs I would've removed the end pipe and kept the spark arrestor.  Rangers out here will check.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, pgeldz said:

I did a thing 🙂

118679556_2019659818165119_3889982005382372463_n.thumb.jpg.32750efd924047aa804f209589d787d1.jpg

Torn between the HP Corse and Arrow, I finally caved when I heard the shop had an Arrow shipment literally about to leave Italy, and the only HP Corse we had left was destined for a customer.  They were like, "Paul, Arrow is ready to ship, is there anything you want to add?"

Twist my arm why dontcha, LoL!

I was also looking for the lightest system available, and I believe this is it - full titanium, to include their race headers and carbon heat shield.  I finally got a dyno graph from Arrow and it looks to make exceptionally good power...and it should, as I believe it was developed for a "certain race team"  🙂

Just waiting to iron out what I want to do as far as turn signals go, and then once everything is here I'll start the build, haha.

Interested to know what you think to the full Ti Arrow system @pgeldz? I have an end can, but wondering if the de-cat makes it ridiculously loud? Also did you remap or are you running "as is". Do you have a different filter/filter top like DNA or MWR.

Could you post the dyno graph or say what it looks like? e.g more everywhere, mid, top etc.

Finally, does it go better?? What we all want to know. I'm sure it looks the business.

Cheers Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Interested to know what you think to the full Ti Arrow system @pgeldz? I have an end can, but wondering if the de-cat makes it ridiculously loud? Also did you remap or are you running "as is". Do you have a different filter/filter top like DNA or MWR.

Could you post the dyno graph or say what it looks like? e.g more everywhere, mid, top etc.

Finally, does it go better?? What we all want to know. I'm sure it looks the business.

Cheers Rich

I'll let ya know for sure!  Still waiting on other bits though before I install it 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

I'll let ya know for sure!  Still waiting on other bits though before I install it 🙂

Super and thanks.

Rich

• 1 month later...

So for those of you that remember that far back, I had the development system from Lextek on my bike. Well the link pipe and silencers are finally available to buy, with headers not far behind!

I did a little write up on the product after spending a year with it:

WhatsApp-Image-2020-09-29-at-00.26.59.jp

Lextek have released their link pipe to attach their range of end cans to the Ténéré 700. At a budget price, is the exhaust worth your money?

• Like 4

9to5adv.com

i have taken the plunge and gone for cheap......300mm black widow oval st/st.....fingers crossed it sounds better than the oem cos thats the only reason to buy one.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:16 PM, pgeldz said:

Did you ever install the full arrow system @pgeldz? Better, louder, fit OK, fueling issues?

I've got the Arrow Titanium headers arriving next week. Looking forward to seeing how the bike sounds and feels (I have an MTC rear carbon can which will be staying). Remap next as I already bought the MWR filter lid and sponge filter.

Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Did you ever install the full arrow system @pgeldz? Better, louder, fit OK, fueling issues?

I've got the Arrow Titanium headers arriving next week. Looking forward to seeing how the bike sounds and feels (I have an MTC rear carbon can which will be staying). Remap next as I already bought the MWR filter lid and sponge filter.

Rich

Hey Rich!  I didn't install anything yet.  Been waiting all my other parts to arrive (still waiting on one Gilles item) and then I'm gonna set aside a weekend and have a solo install party, LoL!

As far as fueling, it won't be an issue because I'm using Rapid Bike.

If you don't have any kind of fuel solution, I'd imagine it'll run way too lean...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

Hey Rich!  I didn't install anything yet.  Been waiting all my other parts to arrive (still waiting on one Gilles item) and then I'm gonna set aside a weekend and have a solo install party, LoL!

As far as fueling, it won't be an issue because I'm using Rapid Bike.

If you don't have any kind of fuel solution, I'd imagine it'll run way too lean...

OK and no worries and thanks.

My plan is to get it remapped asap and still run with the snorkel on the airbox until I do as don't want to run it lean.

I'll post on here Dynos etc once I get it remapped.

Looking forward to the near 2.5KG weight loss too over the standard headers. 

Cheers

Rich

On 10/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, Rich TT said:

OK and no worries and thanks.

My plan is to get it remapped asap and still run with the snorkel on the airbox until I do as don't want to run it lean.

I'll post on here Dynos etc once I get it remapped.

Looking forward to the near 2.5KG weight loss too over the standard headers. 

Cheers

Rich

Yeah, the weight loss is going to be significant.  I believe it's the lightest system on the market if you go with their steel end cap version, which is what I went with 🙂

- Paul

• Like 1