Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

On 10/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, JamesE said:

So for those of you that remember that far back, I had the development system from Lextek on my bike. Well the link pipe and silencers are finally available to buy, with headers not far behind!

I did a little write up on the product after spending a year with it:

WhatsApp-Image-2020-09-29-at-00.26.59.jp

Lextek have released their link pipe to attach their range of end cans to the Ténéré 700. At a budget price, is the exhaust worth your money?

I read your article (great one!) and I like the looks and price of the Lextek- but does it solve the problem of a bent hanger and pipe hitting swingarm issue?

1 hour ago, JayD said:

I read your article (great one!) and I like the looks and price of the Lextek- but does it solve the problem of a bent hanger and pipe hitting swingarm issue?

If you look at the pictures on their webpage, this link pipe uses the stock hanger, so it will not be any different. It is a nice idea that allows you to run  different cans. I like that.

20200801_125100.jpg?w=2048&ssl=1

3 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

If you look at the pictures on their webpage, this link pipe uses the stock hanger, so it will not be any different. It is a nice idea that allows you to run  different cans. I like that.

20200801_125100.jpg?w=2048&ssl=1

Thanks, as I thought. Then it ultimately boil down to Huzar or Camel for me: the Camel is twice the price, but thrice the looks 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JayD said:

Thanks, as I thought. Then it ultimately boil down to Huzar or Camel for me: the Camel is twice the price, but thrice the looks 🙂

There's some word right now that there will be a company releasing a bracket to buy for the hangar. I think you might need to cut it, but the bracket will essentially be a more easier way to mount higher exhausts. I'm hoping something gets released next month, because spring is coming soon 😄

14 minutes ago, loneranger700 said:

There's some word right now that there will be a company releasing a bracket to buy for the hangar. I think you might need to cut it, but the bracket will essentially be a more easier way to mount higher exhausts. I'm hoping something gets released next month, because spring is coming soon 😄

Of course a suitable mid pipe is still required 🤔 for a muffler to be away from the swing arm. The  bracket seems to be only part of the solution. 

Stole this idea from someone else here.

Yoshimura clone

mid pipe for Suzuki GSX250R

link pipe for cb500x

Just need to cut the tapered end off to fit.

I can also swap out the two pipes to reconfigure. I have a few additional link pipes on order for experimentation. 

PXL_20210121_005117127.thumb.jpg.3eba2227cd7b196c751196f606d3b5a2.jpg

PXL_20210121_005109202.thumb.jpg.caef851b8efb8080e369e4f9c3415ff3.jpgPXL_20210121_001041773.thumb.jpg.be59bf7e8e4a9c0213b55dd4f984973c.jpgYo

PXL_20210121_022805877.jpg

• Like 7

I think the only way to go is with the Huzar exhaust.  If you get anything else and drop it on the right side your muffler is going to be damaged.  

• Like 1

Or get rally raid racks with the reinforcement bracket so the muffler won’t move if you fall on it

• 2 weeks later...

Black  widow exhaust is garbage it actually rusts after few wet rides also after contacting BW and letting them know about the issue they pretty much blow me off so I will not support their business and I don't recommend them either. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, bgweed said:

This is the best I've seen so far.  I'd buy now if anyone sold such a setup.

https://youtu.be/HJi0kSWzw3o?t=149

That’s nifty bit of fabrication to route the link pipe in so tight and high.  
I wonder if he’s had any heat issues due to lack of clearance  up under the bodywork below the seat. 

• Moderators
On 1/3/2021 at 7:28 PM, schultzy said:

Image may contain: motorcycle, text that says 'YAMAHA WINGS B �'

@schultzy Could you repost this pic? Link isn't working, at least for me.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 2/19/2021 at 1:33 AM, schultzy said:

image.thumb.png.0e0e66c973b1409f7018f2d54481d69d.png

... This looks nice, can you provide details about pipes that were used ? ... diameter, sections of 90 deg. ?

my only concern is the angle of the cat and the ability to backtrack and put it back as stock. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, schultzy said:

used 50 mm bends and a small straight section , cat hasnt been touched or cut , stainless steel as well

@schultzy Your mod looks promising.  I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see close up details on how you mounted the muffler. It appears you modified the OEM frame hanger, details on how would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

no i cut the original hanger off as it was in the wrong place for the muffler to hang from so have made a new one that  bolts onto the luggage rack bolt and the tail light bracket under the back mudguardimage.thumb.png.7cd1fff37999e8607512849a2e76ca3a.pngnder the back mudgard

Edited by schultzy
  • Like 2

Been following the exhaust thread for a while and decided to have a go.

On my list of wants 

• Option to go back to the original, so that's how I have designed the mounting point.
  • Mounting point out of sight (Under the side cover)
  • Nice flowing link pipe from under bike to Muffler 
  • Not burn off the indicator 
  • Not hit any part of the swing/brake when fully compressed.
  • Very Robust.

Tested today and all went well, but I do need a heat shield for my boot. 

63609469190__FAA28E68-33A4-484A-B5A7-DC80287C03C3.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

Edited by jeff936
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, jeff936 said:

Been following the exhaust thread for a while and decided to have a go.

On my list of wants 

• Option to go back to the original, so that's how I have designed the mounting point.
  • Mounting point out of sight (Under the side cover)
  • Nice flowing link pipe from under bike to Muffler 
  • Not burn off the indicator 
  • Not hit any part of the swing/brake when fully compressed.
  • Very Robust.

Tested today and all went well, but I do need a heat shield for my boot. 

63609469190__FAA28E68-33A4-484A-B5A7-DC80287C03C3.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

Show us more details!

• Like 2

@jeff936 That looks outstanding!  Although the photos are really small.  I guess you had to cut the hanger off, which seems to be a prerequisite for the cleanest installs.  If only Yamaha had made the hanger a bolt-on item!  Either that or the subframe.  

It's kind of sad that all these garage mechanics can execute far better exhaust designs than Yamaha.  The company should be embarrassed, really.   

• Like 4

• Moderators

@jeff936 Yes, more details please. Some pics without the muffler & measurements of your mount would be great. Your mod looks really clean, but wondering where you cut the oem hanger?

• Like 1