Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

7 hours ago, Daniel M said:

About the rear spring: I am a light rider (70 kg, 155 pounds), I will travel with maybe lets say 15 kg (30 pounds), How will the bike handle with a heavier rear spring and a light rider a´compared with a heavier rider? To stiff?

The handling wont change at all as long as you can get the sag set the same with both springs. At your weight and gear I guess you will be ok with the standard spring, so long as all up you can get 60mm of sag somewhere near the middle of the spring preload adjustment range. The advantage of a heavier spring for the rest of humanity that weighs 90kg+ in their underpants is that you can get the 60mm of sag in the first few clicks, leaving loads of adjustment for when the missus wants to get on.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Poacher said:

the rest of humanity that weighs 90kg+ in their underpants

Thanks for that visual! 😉

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 6 months later...

I am running Camel's high bend with Black Widow UN30H. 

Call me crazy but I am looking for a more quiet exhaust.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New HP corse exhaust fits with camel tank and after a full weekend of riding with reckless 80 bags with a few jumps no damage to the head pipe but the swing arm does kiss it at full bottom. Yes I know I need to move the turn signal  7422C766-B712-4856-8D3B-E690C868C89E.jpeg.9d505eff9a183c8289804473d323f31a.jpeg7F6467EA-5782-4575-BB49-8C48103C6DFE.jpeg.c3fb2bc0800eb8de82c0b2041432012e.jpegC31EC59A-BE67-49A4-BFE9-CD4CDFCF1755.jpeg.1ad1391cd6ccc0097643188393211035.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had this exhaust on a cafe racer project and really liked the look of it.

I know it's impossible to really tell without having the actual exhaust in hand, but would anyone want to venture an eyeball guess if this would fit on a Tenere?  Looks like the swingarm on the Tenere is about the same distance away?

GP Exhaust

And sorry - I've tried attaching the photo several times, even an upside down version, and it keeps insisting on posting it wrong side up

IMG_1391 b.JPG

Edited by Endopotential

Custom Ti enduro bend high exhaust in the works starting with an off the shelf midpipe that comes pretty close to what is needed before additional tweaks gets it all lined up.  Fortunately I got a good buddy who has probably welded more Ti than anybody else around.  Two Brothers Racing Black Series Carbon can was laying around looking for a home and seems a good match.  Carbon heat shield also coming.  Exhaust hanger already modified for removal/reattachment and aluminum bracket for TBR install done.

DSCN3186.JPG

DSCN3182.JPG

20221228_120020.jpg

20221228_120058.jpg

Edited by e010584
More pics
  • Like 1

Ended up wrapping my Ti headers, mostly to mitigate getting the Carbon/Kevlar skid plate to hot.  Also added some silicone standoffs where in contact with it.

20221228_104350.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:18 AM, ChristosGR said:

First thing goes to the pile of unused parts is the exhaust can. 

Please Post your pics and comments here to help me choose (and drool...).

Cheers.

Ditto....

20230218_151856.jpeg

20230219_111718.jpeg

First iteration of custom high Ti midpipe.  Still waiting on Ti flange to attach 2BR carbon can, but may try to pull it a bit higher to allow farthest forward can mount (swing arm clearance).  The hanger has been modified to be removable/replaceable and will go away.

20230220_140940.jpg

20230220_140954.jpg

• Like 3

First iteration high ti enduro bend with carbon fiber 2BR muffler.  Will be adding another piece to extend the middle section, raising the can and allowing enough clearance to move it forward.  Slight angle correction on final section to match side panel lines.

20230301_200954.jpg.33eb7f20e83dae81801d66dc7e23f0e5~2.jpg

Edited by AZJW
Picture assist
  • Like 1

Hopefully the final iteration of the high ti enduro bend.  Changes were a bit more extensive than originally envisioned as the can was moved up and forward as well as out a bit to ensure clearance to the swing arm under full compression.  Took a bit out of the center bend and added a final bend into the can.  I was unable to preserve the use of the passenger peg after moving the can outboard enough for clearances.  Two other small additions planned for ti nuts for heatshield and aft header support.

20230303_174644.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Here is another A’ pic…. I like the way it sounds, with DB killer in, deep and smooth….like me….haha

E5EC8C16-B0BA-464F-A2AC-985FAA619A68.jpeg

• Like 1

Although the changes may not be obvious, I ended up with a third and final iteration on my high ti enduro bend exhaust to tuck it in a bit more and adjust the can angle to match the lines on the side panels and make clearance for my bead breaker tool.  A lot of work went into this one, but I can say it's finally everything I wanted in a high exhaust. 

20230402_212523.jpg

20230402_212538.jpg

20230402_212438.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The number of exhaust options for the T7 are just mind-boggling.

Anyone tried the Staintune?

When designing a muffler for the Yamaha Ténéré 700 we focused on reducing weight and increasing power. As a result, this Staintune system provides a noticeable power improvement of 3hp.  The muffler improves...

I have been running Staintune for many years on many bikes, I just love their sound.

The T7 exhaust looks pretty basic, but I'm sure it sounds good. Any first hand experience?

• 6 months later...

A couple of photos of the Spark high mount exhaust. Very well made, easy to fit, doesn't interfere with the indicators, quieter than I expected 🙂

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

Edited by Just Footerin