Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

7 hours ago, Lupan said:

Since when? I belive a shop i know in Italy it can send in 5 work days...

Well I cancelled my order with the Ebay seller on the Mivv Black Carbon, I paid for it on the 7th February and they didn't have it listed as a pre-order and couldn't even give me a time when they would have them in stock.

I'm thinking of buying one of those Chinese fake Akropovic's and making my own pipe just to see how it goes. 

Edit: I just ordered one, $86 delivered for the fake Akrapovic with dual outlet. If it turns out OK i'll post up some pics, if it doesn't you'll never hear from me about it again 😆

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Murska said:

Wings.si

TENERE-700-2.jpg

Wow! That looks good! Best so far!

• Like 2

The SC Poject Titanium header pipe looks stunning. Is there anyone who knows if I can use this with any other aftermarket endcans like the Remus Black Hawk? 

Trying to make my Tenere 700 the bike of my dreams...

Since I dont have a bike yet, i have time to wonder about stuff.

I wonder if the stock muffler can be mounted inside the support bracket by turning the clamp upside down and reversed?  This would put the muffler up high, it would be inside the support bracket rather than hanging from it, and depending on the length of the new link pipe, it may even be far enough away from the signal lights to keep from melting them.

I would build the new link pipe myself to try and keep it shorter than say the Huzar high pipe setup which looks real long to me.

I'm sure my Euro cousins are looking at ideas like this, has anyone tried a link pipe mod and muffler re-fit?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colddog said:

Since I dont have a bike yet, i have time to wonder about stuff.

I wonder if the stock muffler can be mounted inside the support bracket by turning the clamp upside down and reversed?  This would put the muffler up high, it would be inside the support bracket rather than hanging from it, and depending on the length of the new link pipe, it may even be far enough away from the signal lights to keep from melting them.

I would build the new link pipe myself to try and keep it shorter than say the Huzar high pipe setup which looks real long to me.

I'm sure my Euro cousins are looking at ideas like this, has anyone tried a link pipe mod and muffler re-fit?

No, this won't work, there is no room next to the bracket for the muffler to fit with the bracket inverted and there is also not enough clearance for the swingarm. I was looking at moving the exhaust up and the only way I could find involves removing or bending the exhaust mounting bracket and fitting a modified one. This would be an easy decision if it was bolted to the frame, but it's welded.

If you have no issues cutting it off and modifying it, you will have lots of room to make a custom front pipe and get the muffler up higher. I built custom exhausts for over 10 years and could easily make one up but I don't want to butcher my new bike to do it👍

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Whitey66 said:

No, this won't work, there is no room next to the bracket for the muffler to fit with the bracket inverted and there is also not enough clearance for the swingarm. I was looking at moving the exhaust up and the only way I could find involves removing or bending the exhaust mounting bracket and fitting a modified one. This would be an easy decision if it was bolted to the frame, but it's welded.

If you have no issues cutting it off and modifying it, you will have lots of room to make a custom front pipe and get the muffler up higher. I built custom exhausts for over 10 years and could easily make one up but I don't want to butcher my new bike to do it👍

Thanks for the info my friend, I didn't realize it was welded on, was hoping it was a bolt on as it looks a lot like the passenger peg bracket.  Thats also an assumption on my part as I don't really know if the passenger pegs are bolted or welded either!  Idle minds become farkling fools!

Sure looking forward to the arrival date here!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colddog said:

Thanks for the info my friend, I didn't realize it was welded on, was hoping it was a bolt on as it looks a lot like the passenger peg bracket.  Thats also an assumption on my part as I don't really know if the passenger pegs are bolted or welded either!  Idle minds become farkling fools!

Sure looking forward to the arrival date here!

Passenger pegs are bolted. And that is an attachement point for panniers racks.

🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MGG said:

Can someone confirm the actual diameter of the catalyser exhaust pipe ? ... 

42mm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fulvio said:

Scarico completo

F217293F-B580-46CE-B75E-CEBAE171C780.jpeg

106DD0FC-1731-4A08-89D0-AAA7DE0DCE2A.jpeg

Wow. Those downpipes are seriously sexy and light I'm sure. How does it sound?

Needs a remap now to unleash it.

Yeah, seems a good option too, i'm waiting for termignoni, but i like a lot the mivv, anyone want to do a group buy to the mivv? 

Mine is arriving tomorrow... Hope to get a chance and fit it Saturday and test ride as well 😄 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lupan said:

Yeah, seems a good option too, i'm waiting for termignoni, but i like a lot the mivv, anyone want to do a group buy to the mivv? 

I'd be interested if my Ebay Akrapovic (Akrapoverty 😆)  system fails .

• Haha 4

As promised....some pictures of the new exhaust... 

Quality is amazing, and delivery was 1 day... Guys at  Pipe Werx have been helpful and the sound is absolutely amazing. 

It is loud but I choose the exhaust so that it is loud and I am very happy..

Price performance is unbelievable 170 pounds. 

Sound file to follow once the wind settles a bit. 

Happy days 😁😅

IMG_20200229_133638.jpg

IMG_20200229_133650.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gents...couldn't upload here so I had to make it happen other wise... Hope this helps

Sound is on the loud side but I am very very happy... Might be my dyno but I figure the bikes has a better pick up from arround 4000rpm and a hp bump at around 8000rpm as well. 

What an engine.. Next mod spring rear and after that supermoto wheels.. 💪😎

• Like 8

sc project full titan modified:

88240588_784405378634089_6374769496434933760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=b0vOOHPgJD0AX_pMq4b&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=4f2285fe4b09960edf2e77a7a23c455a&oe=5E9A220F

cheers,

wolfram

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, tonyubsdell said:

sc project full titan modified:

88240588_784405378634089_6374769496434933760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=b0vOOHPgJD0AX_pMq4b&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=4f2285fe4b09960edf2e77a7a23c455a&oe=5E9A220F

cheers,

wolfram

Looks very interesting, could you keep us posted with fitment of plastics etc?

• Like 1

i have no more plastics, my side panels look like this at the moment. 

i made them of perforated aluminium panels.

might as well change them again.

0CDEE685-265A-4BE5-B7D1-E75FB8FC680A.jpeg

• Like 1

My Akrapoverty exhaust arrived today, it looks to be well built but i'm not sure how the carbon fibre finish will hold up with the heat but time will tell. It only weighs about 1.3 kgs plus the pipe, i'll report back with total weight once I get the pipe made up.

The genuine exhaust is about 5 kgs so it should be a good weight loss. I sat it on the header pipe after wrapping a strip of rag around the pipe to make it seal and it sounds really good, nice and meaty at idle and not too barky with throttle blips.

I've come up with an idea to make the genuine exhaust bracket removable and replaceable (for warranty purposes) and will look at remounting this muffler up high and parallel to the bottom of the sidecover. I don't like the look of the exhausts with the angle too high. When I change my rear spring over i'll leave the rear shock spring out and see how much room there is at full suspension compression, if there's not enough room to fit it where I want i'll just leave it as it is. I also want to keep the rear foot peg brackets so that may be a challenge too.

20200305_144808.jpg

20200305_144837.jpg

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 4