Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

On 2/24/2020 at 7:07 AM, CReamflourish said:

👍 yeah mate, I’m particularly loving the cracking and popping on the overrun!!! 

I'm not a fan of the cracking and popping on decel, I prefer a deep throaty decel growl. (Different strokes for different folks)

I hope mine doesn't pop and crack on decel, if it does I'll have to look for something else cause it drives me nuts.

I got my pipe made up and fitted, I just have to make up and weld some tabs to mount the genuine heat shield then it's testing time for the Akrapoverty. It cost me $104 AU all up for the muffler and pipe, the  genuine Akrapovic system here costs around $1200 AU. There are other T7 systems over here  that cost almost $1400 AU !!  Coming from an exhaust background I can tell that the motorcycle exhaust system business is a complete rip-off. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, bth2 said:

do you have a link for your akrapoverty?

Yeah, sure do - 

s-l400.jpg

Length:470mm. but not for all types of motorcycle. Type: Ex haust Pipe. 1 x Exhaust Pipe;. Color:Glossy Carbon Fiber. Reducing Overall Weight For Top Performance To Obtain Max Output. For Ford Focus W790225S900 Black Nylon Fender Corner & Rocker...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Whitey66 said:

Yeah, sure do - 

s-l400.jpg

Length:470mm. but not for all types of motorcycle. Type: Ex haust Pipe. 1 x Exhaust Pipe;. Color:Glossy Carbon Fiber. Reducing Overall Weight For Top Performance To Obtain Max Output. For Ford Focus W790225S900 Black Nylon Fender Corner & Rocker...

I've heard that CB500X exhaust conector, fits on our T700s...

Tubo de conexión de escape de motocicleta, conexión de enlace de tubo medio de escape de acero inoxidable para CBR500R CB500X CBR400R CB400X: Amazon.es: Coche y moto

But I haven´t tested it. I can't asure it.

This picture comes from a spanish owner. He uses the CB500X connector:

59bcc7a7c80f74b45e8e9694d6714889o.jpg

Edited by Juanmiroquai
  • Like 1

I can´t see the Picture, but like that probably i´m goig to buy a used one akrapovic

6 hours ago, Juanmiroquai said:

Tubo de conexión de escape de motocicleta, conexión de enlace de tubo medio de escape de acero inoxidable para CBR500R CB500X CBR400R CB400X: Amazon.es: Coche y moto

Look how cheap this is, if the CB500X connector fits:

s-l400.jpg

For Honda CBR500R CB500X CB500F Slip on. Muffler Pipe Material : Stainless Steel. 1 x Exhaust m uffler pipe. 1 x Connect middle pipe. Connect Pipe Material : Stainless Steel.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

This is realy cheap, probably i'm going to try... Please anyone put a decent vídeo.

Thanks

The cheapest options most of the time prove to be the most expensive in many ways...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

Look how cheap this is, if the CB500X connector fits:

s-l400.jpg

For Honda CBR500R CB500X CB500F Slip on. Muffler Pipe Material : Stainless Steel. 1 x Exhaust m uffler pipe. 1 x Connect middle pipe. Connect Pipe Material : Stainless Steel.

That muffler is 100mm shorter, I expect it would be too loud.

That muffler looks like it's hard against the footpeg bracket and the clamp doesn't seem to be done up properly so you have to wonder if it's a correct fit.

The pipe is very short with only one bend needed, most car exhaust places can make one up easily and cheaply.

I can give the dimensions of the pipe and bend angle etc., i'm just a bit busy this week. 

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Juanmiroquai said:

Can you link to this thread?

16 minutes ago, Bad Pritt said:

Can you link to this thread?

I'll try. He is in a whatsapp group. I don't know if he speaks english 😄

I think that pipe needs a heat shield on it. It's very close to your leg when you are off the pegs with your feet on the ground and that pipe gets extremely hot being right behind the catalytic converter.

I'm in the process of adding the original heat shield to mine, i'll post up some photos soon.

Another "Chinopovic" from other spanish member... using the CB500X connector.

8e51a981a2704ef4a29055a9c5865afdo.jpg

It seems that is necesary use the number 9th part (see diagram). You can use stock one.

2f947b09d0e5dfca794b08603c18da3co.jpg

• Like 1

Very happy with my Akrapoverty Exhaust !! 

Sounds awesome and no backfiring or popping on Decel, just a deep throaty growl.

It sounds very similar to my Ducati Monster with Termignoni exhausts when i'm on the gas, I never thought a parallel twin could sound this good, crossplane or otherwise.

I went for a  50km + ride and no issues with the carbon fibre finish as yet, it doesn't seem to get that hot.

It's hard to say if it's got more power or not as i'm still running it in, but it feels torquier down low but maybe that's just because it sounds so damn good👍

Pipe.jpg

T7 Muff + shield.jpg

• Like 5

Here's a photo without the heat shield. Pipe has been spray painted with ceramic paint then heat cured in an oven, wife wasn't happy 😆

T7 Muff.jpg

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Juanmiroquai said:

Another "Chinopovic" from other spanish member... using the CB500X connector.

8e51a981a2704ef4a29055a9c5865afdo.jpg

It seems that is necesary use the number 9th part (see diagram). You can use stock one.

2f947b09d0e5dfca794b08603c18da3co.jpg

This one looks very good... I'm almost tented to order one of these...

31 minutes ago, Whitey66 said:

Very happy with my Akrapoverty Exhaust !! 

Sounds awesome and no backfiring or popping on Decel, just a deep throaty growl.

It sounds very similar to my Ducati Monster with Termignoni exhausts when i'm on the gas, I never thought a parallel twin could sound this good, crossplane or otherwise.

I went for a  50km + ride and no issues with the carbon fibre finish as yet, it doesn't seem to get that hot.

It's hard to say if it's got more power or not as i'm still running it in, but it feels torquier down low but maybe that's just because it sounds so damn good👍

Pipe.jpg

T7 Muff + shield.jpg

Congrats, it fited very good, do a vídeo to the mates please

😃

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 5:31 PM, Fulvio said:

Scarico completo

F217293F-B580-46CE-B75E-CEBAE171C780.jpeg

106DD0FC-1731-4A08-89D0-AAA7DE0DCE2A.jpeg

Hello friend, did you had any discount when you buy the exhaust?

Thanks

• Like 1

Mine is arriving tomorrow... MIVV Carbono..... I´m not sure whem i be able to installm wiht tha actual COVID issues...........😂

On 3/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, Canomball said:

Mine is arriving tomorrow... MIVV Carbono..... I´m not sure whem i be able to installm wiht tha actual COVID issues...........😂

Show us, and tell us your feeling abaut it... 

I'm starting to like the stainless steel leovinci  also...

Edited by Lupan

Now is complicated. I not be able to install, now we must be wait for COVID_19 issues end.  In sapin we have many problems now and  we must respect teh Alert State.......................................... I am looking forward to putting but...... 

Ok, i think you be able to install it at you're Garage at home...

This one is starting to confuse me...

It seems a litle more Rally RAID...

And in the Black bike i think it's going to look good

Screenshot_20200321-181540~2.png

Screenshot_20200321-181451~2.png

Edited by Lupan