Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

So in your opinion wich One is the best value for money?

5 hours ago, Lupan said:

So in your opinion wich One is the best value for money?

May depend where you live, in NA, for some of these euro brands we get dinged with taxes and duties, plus conversion fees. 

Personally I'd wager the Wings exhaust is the best looking, and best value for it's quality. I do agree with @cabbythat a lot of the others just look cheap and make the T7 look even worse. If it's sound one wants, removing the DB on the stock pipe is the way I would go. for weight and quality, the wings. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bikeever said:

Dobermann Performance will bring a nice exhaust for Tenere (look in the comments):

https://www.facebook.com/104067521002604/posts/221935689215786/?d=n

...good job @bikeever ... This is a nice find and I really hope they can do a proper hidden pipe and high exhaust for the T7.

... This being a Denmark shop, I think there will be extra shipping charges and taxes depending on where you live.

Here is the KTM790 deal info: ... https://www.dobermann-performance.com/shop/ktm-790-adv-228p.html

KTM 790 Adventure/R performance exhaust system are now ready to pre order (we deliver around 15th April 2020)
We can now announce the prices:
Full titanium USD 675,00
Stainless steel USD 395,00
You get all in the package, link pipe, carbon heat shield, and removable db killer.
Total weight is 3,6 kg.
Edited by MGG
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MGG said:

This is a nice find

Was me who asked on FB if they will make a T7 Version 🤓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was posted on adventure rider forum.. Good find for people who would want to customize a bit. 

Cb500x link pipe fits the T700. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200522-110314.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure when I'll get my bike to install and sound test, but I just had my Dominator full stainless system arrive from Poland. Easily the most budget friendly of anything I have found. Everything seems to be good quality so let us hope that it fits well too. 

I wanted a small rally style muffler and to delete the cat when a tune is available. I don't mind a louder bike and I can tell you this is going to bark pretty aggressively. I also want all unnecessary weight removed and this entire system is around 8lbs.

20200603_123418.thumb.jpg.3d25262edba59ca89d7a533b1626e527.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

Not sure when I'll get my bike to install and sound test, but I just had my Dominator full stainless system arrive from Poland. Easily the most budget friendly of anything I have found. Everything seems to be good quality so let us hope that it fits well too. 

I wanted a small rally style muffler and to delete the cat when a tune is available. I don't mind a louder bike and I can tell you this is going to bark pretty aggressively. I also want all unnecessary weight removed and this entire system is around 8lbs.

20200603_123418.thumb.jpg.3d25262edba59ca89d7a533b1626e527.jpg

Looks very well made but it is going to be loud.. I've got race muffler on mine and its nice sounds but louder than this I wouldn't be able to cope... 

Are you changing the fueling as well? 

Aleks 

39 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Looks very well made but it is going to be loud.. I've got race muffler on mine and its nice sounds but louder than this I wouldn't be able to cope... 

Are you changing the fueling as well? 

Aleks 

I'm sure this will be slightly louder and deeper than any slip-on. I always make custom exhausts for my bikes so I am used to something obnoxious. Not everyone will want this, but it does include a baffle for those that want. 

Yes I plan to do a full tune before I install the header. I'm sure deleting the cat without tuning isn't very helpful. Hopefully I pick a new intake filter by then so I just need one new tune and I'm done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

I'm sure this will be slightly louder and deeper than any slip-on. I always make custom exhausts for my bikes so I am used to something obnoxious. Not everyone will want this, but it does include a baffle for those that want. 

Yes I plan to do a full tune before I install the header. I'm sure deleting the cat without tuning isn't very helpful. Hopefully I pick a new intake filter by then so I just need one new tune and I'm done.

Look forward to see your progress 👍🏍️💨

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 11:09 PM, djkouross said:

Very nice aesthetics. Sound check to come yet. 400 euro including shipping.

20200511_220047.jpg

How did your Exan exhaust end up sounding?  Do you have a recording?

Cheap aliexpress end can and link pipe fitted last night. Bough the can a couple of years ago but didn't end up using it at that point so was taking up room in the garage. 

IMG_20200704_110413.jpg

• Moderators
On 5/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, Ktmmitch said:

Scorpion slip-on, made in the UK, and with 50% crash damage replacement discount, ideal for adv riders prone to dropping their bikes

T7 EXHAUST 1 -500x500.jpg

Off topic- what rear tire are you using here? I like the side lug profile, wondering how they behave on pavement because as for dirt it looks to be pretty decent.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 hours ago, Toei said:

How did your Exan exhaust end up sounding?  Do you have a recording?

Extremely happy. Value for money is top. Sound is perfect with db killer and too loud without it, but sounds very sexy! Sound can be found in youtube easily. I recommend it defenetly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djkouross said:

Extremely happy. Value for money is top. Sound is perfect with db killer and too loud without it, but sounds very sexy! Sound can be found in youtube easily. I recommend it defenetly.

Thanks!  I don't have a T7 yet but the Exan is now at the top of my list for a replacement silencer.  

Exan series...I can't tell what is the difference between the X rally versions etc but they seem very good priced...I will go for the HP corse black though...

I went for a classic oval in titanium from Fuel exhausts in the end.  Looks very nicely made, designed and manufactured in UK.

I also like that you can fit the o/e heel guard to it as well.

IMG_6937.thumb.JPEG.47965e90e2546ef7517ec78212c5b3db.JPEG

IMG_6942.thumb.JPEG.5487576ce4966a953981a4170250c06f.JPEG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, boboneleg said:

I went for a classic oval in titanium from Fuel exhausts in the end.  Looks very nicely made, designed and manufactured in UK.

I also like that you can fit the o/e heel guard to it as well.

IMG_6937.thumb.JPEG.47965e90e2546ef7517ec78212c5b3db.JPEG

IMG_6942.thumb.JPEG.5487576ce4966a953981a4170250c06f.JPEG

What does the Fuel one sound like? 

I'm about to order the LeoVince one but the Fuel one is quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks, Dan

For tight asses such as myself, muffler and connector pipe kit from AliExpress, CB500x kit, fits perfectly, $128 Au dollars with tracking, the sound is absolutely beautiful, bear in mind though these exhaust don't come with spark arrestor, it's an easy fix though, the db killer in the exhaust has plenty of room to wrap stainless mesh to form.a very decent spark arrestor.

Not worried about dropping my bike on a $1000 muffler now!!

IMG_20200716_204414371.jpg

IMG_20200716_204647554~2.jpg

• Like 5

Looks good that one. Although, one of the reasons for going for the LeoVince was that it looks brilliant. Especially with the carbon bits.

The Fuel ones are only about £200 here in the UK so nice and cheap should they need replacing. The LeoVince is about £350.

Edited by DRTom

I do agree the Leo Vince does look pretty good, most of the pricey exhaust do for sure.

In Australia they are just so damn expensive, I'm jealous, your choices and prices are sooo good!

I didnt realise it would be like that in Australia. I assumed the prices were around the same Worldwide.

I suppose for the bit extra you pay on bits you get awesome places to ride.  

11 hours ago, DRTom said:

What does the Fuel one sound like? 

I'm about to order the LeoVince one but the Fuel one is quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan, it sounds much like the original silencer, just a bit more of a burble when you open it up.  I'm pleased with it as I don't like loud exhausts.

cheers,  Bob.

• Like 1