Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Tenere 700 2021 - no A2 Certification in EU?

didier

The good thing is that deliveries in Europe of the new model have started. Finally! Let's keep our fingers crossed now!

• Like 1

Price here has been increased too and delivery has been postponed from second week of March to second week of April. I am not amused, the new exhaust system looks horrible and I will oder a header without catalytic converter to make sure the engine guard will fit.

Edited by Doc Brown

I ordered mine the 5th of November, and it arrived to the dealer today.

I also spoke a bit to my dealer who mentioned that Yamaha Scandinavia have now stopped taking orders on new Ténéré bikes until further notice as the European factory cannot keep up with the demand.
photo_2021-02-23_14-04-04.thumb.jpg.88ca13ccf7b9797d59bbb6918868118d.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I asked the yamaha dealer about the A2 35Kw for the Euro5 bike and he said it's possible, just a different kit needs to be ordered.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 9:55 PM, SimplyDan said:

I ordered mine the 5th of November, and it arrived to the dealer today.

I also spoke a bit to my dealer who mentioned that Yamaha Scandinavia have now stopped taking orders on new Ténéré bikes until further notice as the European factory cannot keep up with the demand.
photo_2021-02-23_14-04-04.thumb.jpg.88ca13ccf7b9797d59bbb6918868118d.jpg

I also heared that all the dealers in Sweden have stopped the sales of the T7. Is the situation same in other countries to ? Do you think they will sell any more T7:s in Sweden later this year ? They must catch up later or ? No more sales already in March 2021 sounds bad 🙁...  

18 minutes ago, 4cyberspace said:

I also heared that all the dealers in Sweden have stopped the sales of the T7. Is the situation same in other countries to ? Do you think they will sell any more T7:s in Sweden later this year ? They must catch up later or ? No more sales already in March 2021 sounds bad 🙁...  

From what my dealer told me it was only temporary until they had worked off their order queue in the French factory. Perhaps it would be possible to request more information directly from Yamaha Motors Scandinavia ?

Edited by SimplyDan
I can't spell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SimplyDan said:

From what my dealer told me it was only temporary until they had worked off their order queue in the French factory. Perhaps it would be possible tp request more information directly from Yamaha Motors Scandinavia directly?

That sounds more reasonable to me and I hope so. Several dealers here in Sweden have told me that they don't think they will sell any more T7:s in 2021. But that sounds a bit dramatic to say already in March 2021. Hopefully the factories will catch up again. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 4cyberspace said:

That sounds more reasonable to me and I hope so. Several dealers here in Sweden have told me that they don't think they will sell any more T7:s in 2021. But that sounds a bit dramatic to say already in March 2021. Hopefully the factories will catch up again. 

That would be really a failure for Yamaha if they had to stop the sales. I think it is all about problems with logistics. Not only they probably had problems with Euro5 model but Yamaha also lunched T7 in several new countries (South africa, Brazil, morocco, Malasia, ...) that probably adds some pressure on the factories (just 2 of them in france and in japan).

My january order is due to may (maybe sooner). So that seems logical that new orders would not arrive before the summer if logistics is not optimised...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, didier said:

That would be really a failure for Yamaha if they had to stop the sales. I think it is all about problems with logistics. Not only they probably had problems with Euro5 model but Yamaha also lunched T7 in several new countries (South africa, Brazil, morocco, Malasia, ...) that probably adds some pressure on the factories (just 2 of them in france and in japan).

My january order is due to may (maybe sooner). So that seems logical that new orders would not arrive before the summer if logistics is not optimised...

I agree that would be a big failure. But it sounds to dramatic to call of the 2021 sales already in March, (I hope). Ok, so not just delays in Sweden. May sounds late ? I thought maybe april if you ordered in January. I hope it's mostly logistics problems and that they will catch up. Is it 2 factories producing those T7:s,  France and Japan ? 

@4cyberspace Yes 2 factories. The MBK factory in france builds bikes for the whole europe and some other countries and in japan they build for asia, and north americas i belive.

In MBK factory they build T7 and Tracer 700 along with some XMax. However I hered that MT 07 come in Europe from asia and are not assembled in France.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, didier said:

@4cyberspace Yes 2 factories. The MBK factory in france builds bikes for the whole europe and some other countries and in japan they build for asia, and north americas i belive.

In MBK factory they build T7 and Tracer 700 along with some XMax. However I hered that MT 07 come in Europe from asia and are not assembled in France.

Ok, thank you, interesting to read where they build those bikes 🙂. Which colour did you order on the T7 ?

1 minute ago, 4cyberspace said:

Ok, thank you, interesting to read where they build those bikes 🙂. Which colour did you order on the T7 ?

White and red. And getting impationt to get it ... 😄 

• Like 1

Seems that someone beat me to it, now it has been done at least and doesn't seem to cause any issues from what I can see 😉 (No check engine lights etc on the dash at least) 😄

Went to my dealer today to take some news. My bike is still planned for may maybe sooner but not very likely. According to the dealer the bikes are already assembled but duet to coronavirus they are still waiting for some parts. My dealer has 15 T7 preordered and some black ones should arrive mid april. Three whites including mine are due for may.

Looks like no euro5 bikes were shipped in france yet but many countries have already received some like Spain, Italy, Greece ...

He also told me that Yamaha already announced some delays for the rally version.

• 2 weeks later...