Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Indicator adaptor plates

Alan M

Question

Hi Guys.

looking for some advice on indicator adaptor plates. I’ve bought some cheap LED indicators and some MT07 adaptor plates, pictures attached.

These plates sit on top of the fairing and are too thick for the indicator thread length. I’ve seen some plates that clip into the teardrop hole but can’t find any for sale in the UK. 

Any suggestions?

Starting to think I should’ve just bought the Yam kit.

F8EB64BE-82F9-4139-A2B5-042068E3267B.jpeg

18C25940-93D4-4E71-8FCA-AF6AA67A01B5.jpeg

12 answers to this question

I've bought mine from off-the-road.de. one is flat, the other doesn't look too dissimilar to this (a bit thinner and

Aluminium). 

Note: are you sure the top one shouldn't be reversed? The thick part in mine falls into the hole in the fairing, locking the position. 

Seems to me you should reverse the plates so the smaller sides are together with one inside and the other outside of the fairing.

I had to use a dremel tool to grind off a couple tabs on the inside of the hole on my fairing.

No, I tried that but these ones don’t fit in the teardrop.

I think I know the ones you mean, one side is flat. These ones have a recess on the other  side.

The ones in the picture are what I think I’m after but can’t locate a supplier in the UK.

4ADF9573-F541-43B0-95DE-4AF18A0E4624.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Pielips said:

Thanks. I seen this today on YouTube, thought great, I'll get them ordered but nearly £10 for delivery.

Call me a tight arse but will pass unless they can be sent in the post, LED indicators were only £5 for four including delivery  🙂

I been 3D printing them. 

What size hole? 10mm?

I can print a set (2) . $6 shipped. 

The original backer plates should do the trick, no?  You might have to round out the hole but they should be thin enough to get your nut on...

Or even a simple washer with the right outside and inside diameter maybe. Add a little silicone if the signals try to slide forward or backward. Nothing crazy, just something with enough hold that you can easily peel off later if you swap signals again...

5D8F2ECA-008B-4871-AB77-B8819E4DCDE4.jpeg

4D562E95-C309-4AE4-8EEF-B3538D6293F5.jpeg

BF4E2302-1E9A-4F5C-B472-29F837885B0D.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Samm said:

The original backer plates should do the trick, no?  You might have to round out the hole but they should be thin enough to get your nut on...

Or even a simple washer with the right outside and inside diameter maybe. Add a little silicone if the signals try to slide forward or backward. Nothing crazy, just something with enough hold that you can easily peel off later if you swap signals again...

5D8F2ECA-008B-4871-AB77-B8819E4DCDE4.jpeg

4D562E95-C309-4AE4-8EEF-B3538D6293F5.jpeg

BF4E2302-1E9A-4F5C-B472-29F837885B0D.jpeg

That’s a good idea using the standard backplate but I did try just a flat washer at the back and because the plates I got sat on top of the fairing there was still too little thread length to engage.

From memory these LED indicators only have 15mm of thread.

11 hours ago, Offcamber said:

I been 3D printing them. 

What size hole? 10mm?

I can print a set (2) . $6 shipped. 

That sounds great, do you have any pictures you could send me.

PM me them if you prefer, thanks 👍

10mm hole.

Edited by Alan M
Extra info

3 hours ago, Alan M said:

That sounds great, do you have any pictures you could send me.

PM me them if you prefer, thanks 👍

10mm hole.

I will add that I am finding Yamaha is not 100% consistent with the size of the holes. A few have slide right in some required a little sanding on the raised portion. Once they are installed they look good. I can take a pic of them in use on my Super Tenere. I print them out of PETG which should hold up just fine for this use. 

IMG_20210103_090738328.jpg

Edited by Offcamber