Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ABS ring for Speedo Correction!

Aleksandar13

Hi there

relatively new and want to enquire about purchasing a set of these for myself and enquiring as to whether you will ship to BC Canada maybe you could let me know how to proceed?

Cheers, Steve

@Stevey3737

Exactly, the odo shows more than your bike has done. Once you change the ABS rings speedo and odo are corrected.

@Aleks: great job bro, great job. I wonder why my fellow countryman at the customs behaved like morons. Useless feckin' bastards...

Cheers Doc

Edited by Doc Brown

perfect thank you, I will be getting me a set of these 

Cheers, Steve

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 3:30 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

I would like to think that the police will not sit on the side of the road and stop you to count the number of slots on each wheel ... but I used to live in Germany and they do love their jobs over there so you never know 🤣

I had a friend who had his Tenere 660 impounded by the German Police for fitting non standard accessories, cannot remember what, but something very minimal, may be a tail tidy ?? Anyway it took him 6 Months of hassle to get it back to the UK, unbelievable but quite true. !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have ridden past multiple speed detection devices. They have always been the same as my Speedo?  🩹

Does anyone know the correct torque for the ABS ring mounting screws?

21 minutes ago, Mogens said:

Does anyone know the correct torque for the ABS ring mounting screws?

8 Nm

Immagine.png

• Like 2

Well I just installed my new ABS rings, perfect fit, and now the bike reads exactly I mean exactly what my GPS reads its crazy to think someone could be so brilliant and figure this out with such an easy doable replacement, it took all of 15 minutes to instal. so Hats off to you Sir

Great Job and Super satisfied

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevey3737 said:

Well I just installed my new ABS rings, perfect fit, and now the bike reads exactly I mean exactly what my GPS reads its crazy to think someone could be so brilliant and figure this out with such an easy doable replacement, it took all of 15 minutes to instal. so Hats off to you Sir

Great Job and Super satisfied

I'm glad you are happy with the product... always nice to see this and mechanically fixing something is always better than electronics in my view as this is simple, works and can't go wrong. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PeterN said:

@Aleksandar13 still shipping these? Hows the price for shipment to Poland?

I've got some unpainted ones in stock.

Send me a pm if you are interested,shipping should be around £10.

Aleks

18 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I've got some unpainted ones in stock.

Send me a pm if you are interested,shipping should be around £10.

Aleks

I sent you a PM asking if you maybe have (or will have) painted ones. Thanks! I aslo wonder if you measured the correctness on a more aggressive tires that tend to have slightly different height.

Edited by PeterN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PeterN said:

I sent you a PM asking if you maybe have (or will have) painted ones. Thanks! I aslo wonder if you measured the correctness on a more aggressive tires that tend to have slightly different height.

I don't have painted ones in stock for a while...the difference in tyre is minimal and will not have such a great impact on the reading .

Aleks 

Hi all, due to covid I am currently struggling with shipping and it will be at least a week until I can honour the ongoing orders. Please pm me and I will try my best to reply.

Aleks

• 2 weeks later...

I am back on track and have answered the messages that I have received. Shipped two sets today and ready to receive orders.  Aleks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alek 

I have a T7 and a set of tracer wheels and desperately want to convert it to the super Moto are you still offering the conversion kit I’ll snap one up of you ! I’m Based in london/Essex 

Many thanks Aleks for such a great product which works within 0 and 1mph of my Garmin GPS unit - can't get better than that.  👍   😀

On 7/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

I am back on track and have answered the messages that I have received. Shipped two sets today and ready to receive orders.  Aleks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New batch being cut this week... Posting end of the week if everything goes to plan from the production side ..👌🤩

Just got around to fitting mine, decided to wait until I was doing the tyres.

they fitted perfectly and have according to my GPS corrected the speedo error almost completely.

Very happy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chalk said:

Just got around to fitting mine, decided to wait until I was doing the tyres.

they fitted perfectly and have according to my GPS corrected the speedo error almost completely.

Very happy.

Thanks for the feedback... Always great to see people happy with a product ..👌

New batch of rings have been hit by a slight delay... Just until mid next week... Aleks 

14 hours ago, Taffwailson197 said:

How do I purchase these rings? Is there a link 

Send me a pm please .