Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Just ordered a Wings T7 exhaust


Cruizin
 Share

Recommended Posts

UPDATE: After reading this, take a sec and realize this awesome Titanium and real Carbon fiber kit arrived from Slovenia to USA, Idaho in 4 days. Not only that, I ordered it on a/last Saturday night!  Scroll below to see more

 

KTM guys are big fans of Wings exhaust. Their T7 model is Titanium with a real Carbon Fiber end cap and heat shield. Spark arrestor/DB killer is removable.

 

Paid $468 USD including Shipping. I'll post updates and pics when it arrives. https://wings-exhausts.com/exhausts-us-ca/yamaha-us-ca/tenere-700-us-ca/#show

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.10.26 PM.png

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love mine, was one of the first mods I did when I got my bike last year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a Wings can on my 690. Excellent quality and reasonable value.

Took it off and sold it second hand before I sold the bike. Good quality parts hold value well.

Will get one to match up to a Camel ADV mid pipe and mount when that becomes an option.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 11:12 PM, Cruizin said:

KTM guys are big fans of Wings exhaust. Their T7 model is Titanium with a real Carbon Fiber end cap and heat shield. Spark arrestor/DB killer is removable.

 

Paid $468 USD including Shipping. I'll post updates and pics when it arrives. https://wings-exhausts.com/exhausts-us-ca/yamaha-us-ca/tenere-700-us-ca/#show

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.10.26 PM.png

 

Are you going to mount it in the stock position or up high via the @Camel ADV mounting kit? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a Wings on my 1190.
Excellent quality

Post some pictures when it's installed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, Cruizin said:

How do you like the sound? their KTM cans sound deep and good. 


So far I’ve only run it with the DB killer in and I love it.

Installing Dominator headers later this week then in to get the ecu tuned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Burner said:


So far I’ve only run it with the DB killer in and I love it.

Installing Dominator headers later this week then in to get the ecu tuned.

@2 Wheel DynoWorks getting my ECU pretty soon. The tune brings the exhaust into life. They restore some lost tq & hp back into the engine and eliminate the overheating in the hills due to  stock "epa" tune literally choking the fueling. They can reload stock at any time, too. But Yamaha builds good bikes, 'i've bought over 13 since the 1980's and still the only brand that I haven't had one factory oops repair.   So, I keep going Yammi and turn to my friends Nels and Nate since 2014 both personally and professionally. Have probably sent them over a thousand customers by now, maybe more.

 

They aren't one of those "online only" tunes, they do large track days, all summer every week. Iv'e never heard of them leaving a customer high and dry on any of my active Yamaha forums. They ship it back fast, too. Send early Monday, delivered  back Wed or Thurs, usually. Depends hw east you are. 

 

Sorry for turning my reply into an ad for them, but man you'll thank me if you haven't already gotten it when off road. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Does you MPG suffer after the retune? I couldn’t really notice when Nels did my Super Tenere, just wondering if it will be better or worse on the CP2.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, Cruizin said:

@2 Wheel DynoWorks getting my ECU pretty soon. The tune brings the exhaust into life. They restore some lost tq & hp back into the engine and eliminate the overheating in the hills due to  stock "epa" tune literally choking the fueling. They can reload stock at any time, too. But Yamaha builds good bikes, 'i've bought over 13 since the 1980's and still the only brand that I haven't had one factory oops repair.   So, I keep going Yammi and turn to my friends Nels and Nate since 2014 both personally and professionally. Have probably sent them over a thousand customers by now, maybe more.

 

They aren't one of those "online only" tunes, they do large track days, all summer every week. Iv'e never heard of them leaving a customer high and dry on any of my active Yamaha forums. They ship it back fast, too. Send early Monday, delivered  back Wed or Thurs, usually. Depends hw east you are. 

 

Sorry for turning my reply into an ad for them, but man you'll thank me if you haven't already gotten it when off road. 

Thanks for the love, bud! Can't wait to see ya.

 

-2WDW

  • Like 1

2wheellogo.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PNWTEN said:

Does you MPG suffer after the retune? I couldn’t really notice when Nels did my Super Tenere, just wondering if it will be better or worse on the CP2.  

MPG will probably go up with your riding style, thats how bad the fueling is on the stock tune. Its way off the charts bad stock, to get it thru USA EPA. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok you aren’t gonna believe this. I ordered this exhaust late on Saturday and it freaking arrived today Wed ! From EU to USA, Idaho.

 

 

 

I’m wowed by this piece of real carbon fiber and titanium piece of art. Craftsmanship is way beyond any exhaust I've ever bought before. Even the wicking is a higher level material. 
 

Conclusion, I haven’t even installed it yet and guys, this is a freaking steal at $419 plus shipping. When you order one, tell em tenere700.net sent ya! I’m trying to get them to come on as a vendor. 

1F74A8CC-EDE1-4411-BC9F-282FC8050A88.jpeg

CA8161DE-EB5D-4DCA-9536-620F6627C1AE.jpeg

A2A10657-EC0A-4C33-91D0-C76F908F4C7C.jpeg

E15F6D26-FBCB-40A5-AE6A-4829BEF6C33F.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Easy install, kept the factory can mount, for now but not for long. 

 

Craftsmanship is amazing. Light, and really easy install. Off and on in 15 minutes. 

 

Sound is very good, but loud with DB off. My neighbors would hate me. DB in is much muted, but much better than stock with a proper "Twin Grawl" at roll on. 

 

It's pleasantly odd when the bang for buck kit has real carbon fiber and Titanium construction. Bang for buck at $419 plus shipping.  Even at this price, it's my top choice of all of em. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:38 PM, Cruizin said:

Finally cleared some room in the garage and installed the wings. It was like 65 degrees today so took her for a lil rip in the desert.  

4623DCA8-9AEF-4924-B69E-D67724B27F1B.jpeg

4FD47082-9900-43BE-8A1F-5DD6450BF232.jpeg

Looks Great almost like its was born with it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I am curious how's the size compared to the stock one. From all the pics I saw it looks a bit small, undersize, can you guys post a side by side comparison please? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there any weight savings going to this muffler from the stocker?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ahamay said:

Is there any weight savings going to this muffler from the stocker?

Yes, per their website looks like 5.7lbs

photos.svg

Wings titanium exhaust with real carbon fibre end cap and heat shield for YAMAHA TENERE 700 -premium product in terms of design, function and materials - EU

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought my T7 used and it came with one of these. Saves weight, looks cool, and sounds great. What more could you ask for? I agree the craftsmanship is first rate and the price is well worth it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordered mine!  Looking forward to getting it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 7:38 AM, Cruizin said:

Finally cleared some room in the garage and installed the wings. It was like 65 degrees today so took her for a lil rip in the desert.  

4623DCA8-9AEF-4924-B69E-D67724B27F1B.jpeg

4FD47082-9900-43BE-8A1F-5DD6450BF232.jpeg

 

I know this is an old post, but can you please take a photo from the rear of the bike to see how much clearance the wings exhaust has from the swingarm? Have dropped it from that side and if yes did it bend the bracket, did it touch the swingarm? Many thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.