Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

crimping tool required for T7 Sumitomo connectors?

wncrider

Some time back I found where someone had posted a link to the crimping tool for the stock electrical connectors but have searched in vain for it again.

I can do electrical work on the bike but not as comfortable with it as I am with a wrench. In wiring up some accessories, I had ordered the proper Sumitomo connectors but decided go wire the two accessories direct to the battery rather than deal with crimping the tiny prongs with my regular crimping tool. I believe the proper tool has two prongs go catch both sides at once. I will be doing some more in the future and would like to use the bike's connections.

If someone can tell me what the proper type if crimping tool is called or a link, it would be much appreciated! Maybe I am not the only one with that question, so hopefully it will be a useful answer for others also. 

I experimented with a connector, since I ordered extras, and apparently I’m not coordinated enough to use either pliers or a regular crimping tool! 😄

Thanks for the link. That was the tool I remember, with the 2 lobes. Don’t need the box of terminals but related links show the same tool pretty reasonably priced.

Thanks again!

Edited by wncrider