Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro 5 Chat

NomadLad

Ciao Guys, I ordered mine 25 of January...today I'm going to pick up my new baby to my dealer!I'm so happy and I've got 2 days to go around, than here in Liguria, Italy, we'll back in orange zone, so we can go out only staying close to the city border...anyway, we'll still go out!

Coming soon pics and video for sound etc etc!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Juulia said:

Awesome... I can't wait to hear about the decat 

4 hours ago, MENGO said:

Ciao Guys, I ordered mine 25 of January...today I'm going to pick up my new baby to my dealer!I'm so happy and I've got 2 days to go around, than here in Liguria, Italy, we'll back in orange zone, so we can go out only staying close to the city border...anyway, we'll still go out!

Coming soon pics and video for sound etc etc!

Awesome, enjoy!

I am very curious on how it sounds and feels, if it’s the euro 5 model.

Maybe you can post some short clips here, would be awesome! 

Here we go!Excuse me but yesterday was Avery very nice day!!I can tell you that I'm deeply in love of my new baby!I cannot find any other words to say that she's fantastic, off course now I've to finish the running in, so for the moment I'm not pushing more than 4000-5000 rpm, engine is so elastic and sound not bad, to be honest I was thinking more silent but no, it's very good, deep....off course nothing to compare with an aftermarket exhaust....but....here two video!!!

• Like 4

@MENGO thank you so much for the videos, it sounds super nice! I was scared because of the euro5 that it will not sound that great!

can’t wait to get mine!

enjoy it, it looks amazing! 

5 hours ago, didier said:

@MENGO nice! So except exaust there are no other changes?

Ciao Didier....sure some in the electronics...but I'm not sure, looks like the Euro 4 one.

4 hours ago, Ichnusa said:

Hi.

Which pillion grap handles are you using?

C iao Ichnusa, the pillion grab are from an Italian workshop, you can find their product in Motoshop Parma, their official dealer, here the Facebook address:

https://www.facebook.com/AtelierT700SpecialParts/

Domanda....ma ne profilo hai la costa verde vero?Io ho abitato a Calasetta fino a 3 anni fa...Sardegna nel cuore!

• Thanks 1

Here another video, sound coming different with engine in temperature and after 250km....personally I like too much!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MENGO said:

Here another video, sound coming different with engine in temperature and after 250km....personally I like too much!

Sounds super nice, very deep. Are you looking to upgrade it?

I've heard the wings exhaust is great value for the money, but I don't know exactly the restrictions with the euro 5 - https://wings-exhausts.com/exhausts-eu/yamaha-eu/tenere-700-eu/

On their website it shows that it's road legal, no matter the euro.

Is the skid plate really different ? The extra just looks to be a heat shield. 

15 minutes ago, bctz123 said:

Sounds super nice, very deep. Are you looking to upgrade it?

I've heard the wings exhaust is great value for the money, but I don't know exactly the restrictions with the euro 5 - https://wings-exhausts.com/exhausts-eu/yamaha-eu/tenere-700-eu/

On their website it shows that it's road legal, no matter the euro.

Ciao, yes it sound super nice!For the moment I'm going to keep the original muffler, than we'll see...before the bike arrived I asked to many company if they have a Euro 5 muffler but no, most of them have to re-present the new model Euro 5 to the authority.For me will be the same muffler but with the omologation E5, into the KTM 690 the Euro 5 catalyst was inside the pipe before the muffler so, in the T7 is also before the muffler not inside.

And yes, road legal...but they must to give you an homologation paper, inside you can find all type of homologation, included Eur 5 or 4. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NvNick said:

Is the skid plate really different ? The extra just looks to be a heat shield. 

Monday I'll go to my dealer to pick up all the stuff they remove and I'll check the skid plate, for me it is the same of the "old" one.

The extra is the catalyst under the heat shield, I think id the Euro 5 cat.

The skid plate looks similar except triangular cutouts instead squares on the old one. And there is a slight bend forward for the catalytic converter on the right side. 

Well it was just announced. The Haut-de-France region will be under lockdown starting from this weekend and for 4 weeks 😞 That is where Tenere 700 is assembled in MBK factory for the European market!

• Sad 1

What that means in France?

In Finland people are allowed to go to work and freight traffic moves freely,however...is it a local total ban on movement?

Hopefully they have already been made enough for the summer.

30 minutes ago, Juulia said:

What that means in France?

In Finland people are allowed to go to work and freight traffic moves freely,however...is it a local total ban on movement?

Hopefully they have already been made enough for the summer.

Well actually it is an easy one this time. People can go to work but there is a restriction on movment. 10km around the house... But this still could slow thé production.

8 minutes ago, Losz said:

Hello all.

Just ordered the new tenere 700. Now im online shopping and looking for a new pipe. So far i have only found akrapovic for euro5. Every other exhaust says only for euro4. Here is an example.

There should be not any changes when it comes to the engine so this one should fit right? Has someone already bought a new exhaust for their euro5 tenere. Wondering what it sounds like with only the slip on as well.

Cheers.

Hey! Happy for you. Do you have an estimate delivery date?
I think most pipes will fit. The question is - do you whant to ride with a non EURO5 certified pipe? But it is probably a matter of certification for different manufacturers and they will catch up sooner or later.

Haha fare point. Well the date is not set yet. These bikes are selling grazy fast here! So right now im in line waiting.

One can only hope that it comes before the riding season really starts.

Somebody posted a pic from a dealer in Denmark who appear to have their hands on a Euro5 Rally edition. OEM skidplate appears identical, only slightly adjusted to fit around the new cat.

IMG_0003.JPG

• Like 8

For all those (including myself) who were in doubt about how the Euro5 version will run there are good news. In the German forum some guys already ride their Euro5 and they say it is running smooth as silk even the harsh on/off throttle beahvior seems to be gone.
They are all quite happy with how the engine is running. I am looking forward picking up my Euro5 around April 15.

• Like 7