Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro 5 Chat

NomadLad

I ordered in December and got it April..also Finland..vantaa tuupakasta ostin

1 hour ago, Juulia said:

I ordered in December and got it April..also Finland..vantaa tuupakasta ostin

Oulusta tilattu

has any euro5 tenere owner fitted outback motortek full crashbar system and what bashplate did you fit? Would anyone share some pictures please? Thanks.

44 minutes ago, MSMKVI said:

has any euro5 tenere owner fitted outback motortek full crashbar system and what bashplate did you fit? Would anyone share some pictures please? Thanks.

From what I've seen so far only OEM, Camel Adv and GPMucci adapted there skid plates for Euro5 bikes ... maybe I missed some anouncements. Personnaly I am waiting for SW Motec one. 

Thanks Didier. Outback Motortek advised me that some customers were fitting their crashbars on euro5 bikes with some minor adjustments to the cat cover or removing it completely. I am hoping someone might confirm if they got their crashbars and the OEM bash plate fitted and compatible together.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:22 PM, didier said:

From what I've seen so far only OEM, Camel Adv and GPMucci adapted there skid plates for Euro5 bikes ... maybe I missed some anouncements. Personnaly I am waiting for SW Motec one. 

I send a mail some times ago. They said "not before week 29" so end of july.

• Like 1

Hey lads!, a future euro 5  owner still waiting..maybe they will deliver it at the end of this month or july... 

Those days I send an email to outback motortek...Skid plate is on production and bars maybe not necessary to cut anything... 

Still waiting for my bike, last day of work tomorrow before vacation... Would be nice to ride some trails with new bike🙄😥

On 6/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, Priesta said:

Still waiting for my bike, last day of work tomorrow before vacation... Would be nice to ride some trails with new bike🙄😥

At last, dealer sent me email that bike has arrived, pickup possibly tomorrow🙏🥳

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Priesta said:

At last, dealer sent me email that bike has arrived, pickup possibly tomorrow🙏🥳

What a great feeling.  The call from the dealership.  Happy days ahead.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Landshark said:

What a great feeling.  The call from the dealership.  Happy days ahead.  

The best feeling🥳

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has EURO5 version changed the diagnostic port? Can’t seem to find the white port to attach my Yamaha to OBDII cable to. Only this red one that’s obviously different..

739A7A0F-B76E-4F03-92F3-ECF76DA416A2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Arvids said:

Has EURO5 version changed the diagnostic port? Can’t seem to find the white port to attach my Yamaha to OBDII cable to. Only this red one that’s obviously different..

Looks like it is the new one on EURO5 bikes. Found this post. Looks like it is only a matter of adapter cable.

I could not find a precise information but it seems that EURO5 standardises the ODBII for all vehicles. Finally one cable to rule them all 😄 

16 minutes ago, didier said:

Looks like it is the new one on EURO5 bikes. Found this post. Looks like it is only a matter of adapter cable.

I could not find a precise information but it seems that EURO5 standardises the ODBII for all vehicles. Finally one cable to rule them all 😄 

Ah Shet, then I bought the wrong cable thinking that “yamaha diagnostic cable” would be the same. At one point I thought my bike is missing something 🙂

Thanks for pointing this out, need to source the EURO5 cable then.

Edited by Arvids

48 minutes ago, Arvids said:

Ah Shet, then I bought the wrong cable thinking that “yamaha diagnostic cable” would be the same. At one point I thought my bike is missing something 🙂

Thanks for pointing this out, need to source the EURO5 cable then.

Did the same mistake ... bought the cable befor the bike ... but didn't check the cable for instance 🤦‍♂️

I'm looking for the cable too but till now I didn't find it....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And that's how it looks on EURO5 model

SkidPlate.thumb.jpg.0390c24765e789ee506793d71433dc15.jpg

However there is no screw provided for mounting with OEM Yamaha center stand. So I used the original screw and it is flush with the ni-lock. 

Screw.thumb.jpg.2cfdddea93017bdd382b32fd8968d796.jpg

Maybe this has been asked somewhere. Haven't seen an answer.

Is the 2022 T7 in the US going to be same as the 2021, or are they going to go to the Euro5 configuration?

On 8/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, didier said:

And that's how it looks on EURO5 model

SkidPlate.thumb.jpg.0390c24765e789ee506793d71433dc15.jpg

However there is no screw provided for mounting with OEM Yamaha center stand. So I used the original screw and it is flush with the ni-lock. 

Screw.thumb.jpg.2cfdddea93017bdd382b32fd8968d796.jpg

Looks great! Any more pictures? Would be great to see it from the side.

7 hours ago, nailorbang said:

Looks great! Any more pictures? Would be great to see it from the side.

Here you go.

IMG_20210904_143140.thumb.jpg.af69bc6ec3066adcf69437450c6b973e.jpgIMG_20210904_143147.thumb.jpg.6fce3a82a28885c23d7398f4d478e484.jpgIMG_20210904_143158.thumb.jpg.1d5531d33125b53d76adf6567bacece4.jpgIMG_20210904_161550.thumb.jpg.16faa6d1cae4c431580bc718a1283ba0.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd add that my tuner has successfully flashed the Euro 5 bike. Not much power gain (2-3 hp), but the power delivery is WAY smoother and the jerky on/off-throttle is completely gone. The bike also idles much nicer, I didn't really think about it before but there was some minor "hesitation" when the bike was warming up prior to the tune. I'd be happy to answer any questions, just give me a heads up. For anyone technincal the bike was running with AFR numbers all over the place, even close to 17 which is way to lean (db-killer removed).

There was some worry about any issues with the check engine light, but nothing yet after 1000 kms.

Edited by chris94