Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Can't afford a T7 and thinking of selling your children?

shaneygrog

Yeah, me too.

Whilst some flaunt their new bikes here and others wait for theirs to arrive there are those who can't even afford one.

As I join in some of the topics here it's really kind of irrelevant if I can't buy one eh?

I guess I must start saving (i'm trying) but $17K is a long way to go when you have a family with kids and a small farm.

Realistically i'd be waiting for second hand ones to show up on the local market, and they will only really be affordable when the T7 has major updates.

So the things i'm really interested in are:

1, lots of Australians buy them from this December,

2, A replacement T7 with lots of irrelevant updates is released in 2 years so these Australians sell their bikes to update,

3, Or they bring out a T9 with the CP3 engine that's only 5 KG heavier than the T7 but has all that extra power we all really need in the mud,

4, or some long lost family member passes away leaving me $17K in their will,

5, I just keep flogging my DT around the farm cuz it's lots of fun and I can.

Oh, I think it's time to go to bed,

Bye.

I will have to sell both of my kids to buy a garage or shed. I live in the middle of the town, so definitively no storage room for a bike...or f**king expensive in Switzerland...

So I am making up my mind about selling my wife, too...😎

Edited by Alpenschrauber
  • Haha 1
On 8/28/2019 at 5:43 AM, Alpenschrauber said:

I will have to sell both of my kids to buy a garage or shed. I live in the middle of the town, so definitively no storage room for a bike...or f**king expensive in Switzerland...

So I am making up my mind about selling my wife, too...😎

Two kids and a wife! I'm sure you should secure some good shed space, as well as the bike with $$ to spare for that!

Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/26/2019 at 7:08 PM, shaneygrog said:

Yeah, me too.

Whilst some flaunt their new bikes here and others wait for theirs to arrive there are those who can't even afford one.

As I join in some of the topics here it's really kind of irrelevant if I can't buy one eh?

I guess I must start saving (i'm trying) but $17K is a long way to go when you have a family with kids and a small farm.

Realistically i'd be waiting for second hand ones to show up on the local market, and they will only really be affordable when the T7 has major updates.

So the things i'm really interested in are:

1, lots of Australians buy them from this December,

2, A replacement T7 with lots of irrelevant updates is released in 2 years so these Australians sell their bikes to update,

3, Or they bring out a T9 with the CP3 engine that's only 5 KG heavier than the T7 but has all that extra power we all really need in the mud,

4, or some long lost family member passes away leaving me $17K in their will,

5, I just keep flogging my DT around the farm cuz it's lots of fun and I can.

Oh, I think it's time to go to bed,

Bye.

1, 4 & 5 are most likely. I’d go seek out old lost family for improving chances of 4 , lol.

• Haha 1
  • Premium Member
8 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I just wish some of you guys would start writing up some tech tips in our tech tips section. Do Europeans not work on their own bikes? 

Lots in Europe wait until the warranty period has expired for the servicing side of the DIY. Mods yet 🔧 spanner’s and other tools 🛠 fly all over the bike.

• 1 month later...

I'm europen and i want to do a lot of mods, even protect mods.

One of nobody speaks, a protector to the aceleration cable... Why Yamaha left the cable so expose...