Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Corbin seats coming soon!

spunrdneck

1 hour ago, Greig M. said:

I tried To give it some time but I am Not a fan

Remember... this is the internet. That may have been the Seat Concept guy using an alias!! 😉

• Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

yeah, I have the seat concepts foam and cover coming for the driver seat... not sure what to do if that sucks!

2 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Remember... this is the internet. That may have been the Seat Concept guy using an alias!! 😉

definitely trying the seat concepts next...  not an alias though 😉 

• 4 weeks later...

That sucks about your signal. 

I just got my ride in completed this week. Ordered the dual sport and knew I needed to have more foam added. With the ride in you work with the seat builder to custom fit it to your spec for the same price as an off the shelf version of the same seat. I opted to have my stock seat shipped back for $20. Sounded like a good deal anyway. 

66FE07C2-E010-4CD0-991C-277850F897A9.jpeg.23fab1db3221e0ec355342f9a8e7749e.jpeg

Initial sit down I did not like the amount of dish. It was too much and had pressure on side of my ass/hips. As I was adding foam anyway I ignored this issue.  Julio Added 2” to it and flattened it out. I took a rip around the property and it felt great. I could have taken more time on it but it felt nice as soon as I sat on it. 

I decided on the carbon fiber leather top weave and carbon vinyl sides with White logo. Simple.  Seat turned out great. He flattened out the slope and dish. And it’s wide enough without getting the way. It fits within my Adventure Spec side and rear rack And latches/installed slightly easier than my OEM Rally seat. It looks massive and is heavier...it’s 10lbs. 

99F82733-9EB7-4296-B9FA-9A384B61C984.thumb.jpeg.af652f0d4e4221fb83dba30eff3b6eb0.jpeg

7C366EE6-32C6-4A77-B7C5-44D7731E0F23.thumb.jpeg.257028e08fc85a8297ce2247a7b19956.jpeg

Comfort is great but the plushness I felt with just foam and a scrap of the covering and top foam slapped on for testing had disappeared and the finished seat was noticeably firmer. In hindsight now (pun intended) I should have added a slight dish back in. As it is now it’s flat and wider. My seat height is now 37”. For me it’s right at the tallest I think can manage. I can still flat foot it with both feet but manor wrong around with the feet is a little trickier. 

I rode back to San Leandro via 25 and La Gloria rd and though I still had to readjust often, my ass wasn’t sore the next day like with the rally seat and AirHawk. I’ll continue to break it in and hopefully it loosens up a little. At some point I may add some shape to it but we’ll see. 

578406B2-FD48-45E4-A436-8A558AC26317.jpeg.64ad870cc73652b57de921fc273398ba.jpeg

J

Edited by Goldentaco