Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

33 minutes ago, advsquid said:

Howdy y'all. I'm using part number U-402, less than twenty wingwangs on amazon. It does not come oiled but I had a can of uni-filter brand filter oil laying around anyways 

Ordered

Uni Filter U-402 Green Universal No Flange Straight Clamp-On Sock Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IX02KG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8APDEVJ82FGJME3THDDB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, winddown said:

I have a couple of those, never thought of fusing them though, good idea.  What do you plan to power with them?  Lamps etc?

Just my iPhone really

• Like 1

Slightly OT, but that's what I have done today - watched this vid:

• Like 2

Took a windy ride to Crawfordsville to see some GNCC action. 

thumbnail_IMG_6644.jpg.282e2665741cfe6ac3165736362b0dfa.jpg

Also got a much anticipated delivery from Leatt.

thumbnail_IMG_6669.jpg.943c364fb2db8612cad9f58e73dacb60.jpg

• Like 6

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

Just back from the shed.

I rotated the bars according to Bret Tkacs' recommendations.

Didn't ride her yet, but the position feels way better when standing on the pegs. Not so when sitting, but it seems to enforce a more active, less "laid back" seating and especially arm/elbow position.

Was a bit of a struggle keeping the X-Factors aligned with brake/clutch levers, one needs to make compromises here (not that much of a problem with the original position, where the tips of the bars pointed down).

Looking forward to a test ride. Hope it'll be an improvement and not a step backwards 😁

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

Just back from the shed.

I rotated the bars according to Bret Tkacs' recommendations.

Didn't ride her yet, but the position feels way better when standing on the pegs. Not so when sitting, but it seems to enforce a more active, less "laid back" seating and especially arm/elbow position.

Was a bit of a struggle keeping the X-Factors aligned with brake/clutch levers, one needs to make compromises here (not that much of a problem with the original position, where the tips of the bars pointed down).

Looking forward to a test ride. Hope it'll be an improvement and not a step backwards 😁

I did the same from i think the same video where Bret tested the t7 with a friend.
The change seems minimal but does a lot.

7 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I did the same from i think the same video where Bret tested the t7 with a friend.
The change seems minimal but does a lot.

Ah, you mean flipping the bar clamp? Haven't done that yet.

I just followed his ergonomics guide for adventure bikes, rotating the bar forward so the grips are completely horizontal.

3 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Ah, you mean flipping the bar clamp? Haven't done that yet.

I just followed his ergonomics guide for adventure bikes, rotating the bar forward so the grips are completely horizontal.

Yeah, i meant rotating the risers.
Before i was hanging on the bars and now i'm more over the bars and it's still fine for long rides on the road.

• Like 1

Went with my IAM group to Elan Valley in mid-Wales. 8 hours in the saddle, a cheeky cuppa or 3 and  the best views I’ve seen in years. Now planning  a return trip in a few weeks to do the reservoir circuit and a spot of Moto-camping,, if anyone fancies a trip.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Redneckj said:

Ordered

Uni Filter U-402 Green Universal No Flange Straight Clamp-On Sock Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IX02KG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8APDEVJ82FGJME3THDDB

s-l400.jpg

Green Universal No Flange Straight Clamp-On Sock Filter. Material : Foam. Type : Air Filter. Flex core spring holds filter shape while flexing to shake off dirt buildup. Color : Blue. We understand that such delays can be very...

• Like 2
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

11 hours ago, Chris1974 said:

Finally installed my decal set! Came out pretty nice if I say so myself...

IMG_20220509_203040.jpg.fe46b74794abfd25fdb39bccb836a6aa.jpg

Really nice, a significant difference. I bet I would make a horses ass out of it and make a Tenere aero…

• Haha 2

Heated grips finished (bit of cable tidying to do) and quad lock fitted

59DF2047-6C47-4A9E-B18E-042BCCDB5C73.jpeg

C047D2D9-1BBE-4AFC-900F-D63F562B795D.jpeg

• Like 4

Crash bars from Adventure spec. What a great difference with steel ones from Motea. I Love new ones.

IMG_20220510_202441.jpg

IMG_20220510_202431.jpg

• Like 2

I did not have a flat today….was able to remove this nail.

00722992-20BB-44BC-A866-3B4FB9576B88.jpeg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

That was lucky!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

Better go buy some lottery tickets!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

12 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Well, it all evens out…..my Tracer 900 GT will get a new rear tire tomorrow because it is on its second flat due to metal shards and I have a three day ride starting three days from now.  I have had four flats since the first of year👎👎👎and my riding buddy has ruined two new rear tires on his Triumph Explorer 1200 in the last month. 

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Performed my bike's 8,000 mile service, including replacement of the original spark plugs with NGK Iridiums. As soon as the Acerbis 23 liter tank arrives (should be here by the end of the week) I can get it back on the road.

20220510_140723.jpg.262938cd7f13cf16c0b2f1d2c95a99ee.jpg20220510_152527.jpg.c9e6ae9b7bc3f61cea7e5ad3da8af514.jpg 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

Well, it all evens out…..my Tracer 900 GT will get a new rear tire tomorrow because it is on its second flat due to metal shards and I have a three day ride starting three days from now.  I have had four flats since the first of year👎👎👎and my riding buddy has ruined two new rear tires on his Triumph Explorer 1200 in the last month. 

What is going on with the roads around you?  That's nuts!  In 30 years of riding, I've literally never had a puncture.  Only one flat at all; and that was because it was a 20 year old tire that just gave out.  Four in the first quarter?  Damn.  That has to be incredibly frustrating.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jdub53 said:

Performed my bike's 8,000 mile service, including replacement of the original spark plugs with NGK Iridiums. As soon as the Acerbis 23 liter tank arrives (should be here by the end of the week) I can get it back on the road.

20220510_140723.jpg.262938cd7f13cf16c0b2f1d2c95a99ee.jpg20220510_152527.jpg.c9e6ae9b7bc3f61cea7e5ad3da8af514.jpg 

For those that don't know, taking off the T7 tank is really easy. After all the plastic surrounding the tank, only two bolts hold the tank in place. Slide it back and lift it a little to undo a connector and the vent.  It looks scary but truly isn't.

• Thanks 2

I think @whisperquiet works at a scrap iron recycler and takes his bike to work....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

4 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

After you pulled out the nail, I hope you went and bought a lotto ticket 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hibobb said:

I don't understand why people always say that, i guess you used up your luck so it might be the worst moment to buy one.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

And guess what.... No flat tyre.....

IMG-20220505-WA0014.jpeg

• Like 3