Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Got a free lithium battery from my work. 

4.3lbs weight savings. 

20220526_101201.jpg

Edited by S.Ga.Rider
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Lewie said:

Let it fall over - new lever and cover required 

54E59D92-EB97-462C-94A7-E73501BA0F69.jpeg

D833B4C4-4B9D-4810-8E42-7577EF91125D.jpeg

Do you really think you will never drop it again? I have  dropped mine 10x  ( and crashed 1x) but I have engine guards so the plastic doesn't hit. About the clutch lever, looks like a perfect bend to cut it off for 1 or two finger clutch operation. I don't know your riding preference but if your handlebars are banging left and right, you have a lot more control if you have three or four fingers wrapped around the grip. just cut it off and call it "planned" 🙂  fyi my bike slammed to the ground at 25mpg on Saturday after a run in with the front tire of a Quad. The SW Motech crashbars didn't budge and just show some scratches in the powdercoat.

image.png.caf5895f8ab5d89cc4b241aa74b5873f.png

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

Let it fall over - new lever and cover required 

54E59D92-EB97-462C-94A7-E73501BA0F69.jpeg

D833B4C4-4B9D-4810-8E42-7577EF91125D.jpeg

You could make a coat hook out of the lever to hang your riding jacket.  

Usually they break off.  That looks weird.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Maybe uri gelled tried to steal it

For those not as old as Dougie... (Unfortunately, I am)

Spoon bending attracted considerable media attention in the 1970s when a number of individuals claimed to have the ability to cause such effects by psychic means. The most famous was Uri Geller, who performed on television bending metal spoons, keys, and other objects. Geller's performances were revealed to be tricks due to the work of magician and investigator James Randi and others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Maybe uri gelled tried to steal it?😉

I wonder how many will get that reference- I laughed out loud but I am 70 years old.

• Like 1

After reading this forum for 2 days I ordered the crash bars and the bark busters and didn't take it off the blacktop till they were fitted.  Life is a lot easier when you learn from the mistakes of others rather than you own.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winddown said:

After reading this forum for 2 days I ordered the crash bars and the bark busters and didn't take it off the blacktop till they were fitted.  Life is a lot easier when you learn from the mistakes of others rather than you own.

Smart purchases 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NeilW said:

I wonder how many will get that reference- I laughed out loud but I am 70 years old.

29 year less on the counter, but I laughed, too - he had some kind of (very short) revival in Germany roughly in the 90ies.

• Like 2

Added the wind deflector decals from skda. I would not recommend the windscreen decal unless you have some mad skills at applying them. With the curve of the shield side to side and the curve at the top, it was impossible for me to get it on straight with no bubbles. Ended up ripping it off and getting the spray paint out. Lol

20220527_153005.jpg

• Like 3

Also shipped off my ECU to 2 wheel Dyno works for a flash so the bike is going to be down for a week😢

That's spray paint? Looks good dude 

Oh yeah and 2wdw is doing a sale this weekend. $70 off I think for the ecu flash 

Edited by advsquid

31 minutes ago, advsquid said:

That's spray paint? Looks good dude 

Oh yeah and 2wdw is doing a sale this weekend. $70 off I think for the ecu flash 

$239 this weekend. I used to always spray the inside of the shields on my sport bikes and it always worked well. I figured I would give it a try before dropping $100 on a new one.

• Like 1

Installed these (WR450) for my single disc and shorter than T7 shorty levers.

s-l500.jpg

• Like 4
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

Trying out the Tusk Dsport tires. Have an enduro coming up in two weeks that I want to compete in. 

B6ACC460-A5D2-459F-9B8D-2DC32C5035E2.jpeg

• Like 2

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

Made this.

20220529_174556.jpg

20220529_192119.jpg

20220529_193741_HDR.jpg

20220529_222958.jpg

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 4
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

16 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Trying out the Tusk Dsport tires. Have an enduro coming up in two weeks that I want to compete in. 

B6ACC460-A5D2-459F-9B8D-2DC32C5035E2.jpeg

140/80 on the rear? 

11 hours ago, Redneckj said:

140/80 on the rear? 

Yes, they don’t make a 150. 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

600 mile service completed at the dealership and just got home and fitted the paten lever following the bike toppling over

just need a replacement hand guard now

ECCDA56F-8B3D-49E4-AC8C-9333D0102CE0.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 2

Bought it! Traded the old beast of a Mt-09 Tracer in, I had an older Tenere 660 that I put about 100k on trouble free. I am definitely a lot comfier on a chook chaser!

Bolted on some bits and pieces off the old bike like the radial brembo front master cylinder and hydraulic clutch conversion. I have a few bits and pieces on the way such as tail tidy, rack and pipe which I will make a high mount version. I will decide on bigger tank etc later on.

Just running it in for now, loving it so far.

D3757264-749F-4DE4-AAAD-F5B2B7B76349.jpeg

C6978BFC-1AA4-4EBC-A833-C08E870D1478.jpeg

Edited by Buggy Nate
  • Like 8

Finally bought a '22 Tenere, and the first mod is completely unimportant but everything significant is on order or out of stock.  So my first post is this fender eliminator, or tidy tail knock-off from Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F6YL92X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

$40, so my expectations were low.  Steel plate seems nice and stout.  No instructions of any kind included.  I disassembled the T7 tail and the plate fit up perfectly, but the included license plate light came with tiny bolts that didn't fit the light's holes, which didn't look like they were fully threaded.  I had to drill and tap the holes in the provided LED light to accept some different bolts that I used.  Loctite the crap out of everything and the final results looks pretty good.

Only destruction to the stock parts is that I cut the pigtail wire for the stock license plate light to splice in the provided LED light.

Weight savings was just about 1 lb.

PXL_20220529_142615629_2.jpg

PXL_20220529_142608636_2.jpg

• Like 4