Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

1 hour ago, Buggy Nate said:

The rest of the mods so far

C4E7694F-E2C8-478B-A303-A97F95AAA775.jpeg

B68AD3F2-8B15-4416-A87D-5DA2DEAC540A.jpeg

that looks sweet! - Did you use the same one from the MT-09? Never heard of this brand, looked them up and the T7 version comes with a silver only lever and 20 week backorder. 

I like the finish and fit better than Magura. How is the feel?

3 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

The rest of the mods so far

C4E7694F-E2C8-478B-A303-A97F95AAA775.jpeg

B68AD3F2-8B15-4416-A87D-5DA2DEAC540A.jpeg

Hey congrats on getting it!  Always fun to see the Tracer/Tenere crossover folks 🙂

I can definitely get behind a hydraulic clutch on these, getting stuck in traffic is a really unpleasant experience after a while!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I can definitely get behind a hydraulic clutch on these, getting stuck in traffic is a really unpleasant experience after a while!

How often would you break a cable?

• Like 1

Ordered a complete set Ferodo sintered brake pads, a DID gold chain with 15/45 sprockets and bought a new bad weather helmet, the Nolan N70-2 X.
https://media.s-bol.com/RgPVXo1Lm6VK/550x644.jpg

I have an Arai Tour X4 and i love it in good weather but it's bad in rain and a disaster in cold weather with rain.
Also have a Nolan N104 flip helmet but it's 5.5 years old and in need of a new visor and i like the peak when going offroad. I had multiple Nolans and i like the fit so i went for another Nolan.
Will still use the Arai when it;s hot and not too much risk of rain but for long trips and rainy days the N70 will be the one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Ordered a complete set Ferodo sintered brake pads, a DID gold chain with 15/45 sprockets and bought a new bad weather helmet, the Nolan N70-2 X.
https://media.s-bol.com/RgPVXo1Lm6VK/550x644.jpg

I have an Arai Tour X4 and i love it in good weather but it's bad in rain and a disaster in cold weather with rain.
Also have a Nolan N104 flip helmet but it's 5.5 years old and in need of a new visor and i like the peak when going offroad. I had multiple Nolans and i like the fit so i went for another Nolan.
Will still use the Arai when it;s hot and not too much risk of rain but for long trips and rainy days the N70 will be the one.

did you see my review of the Motosolutions RainCoat ? If you contact the manufacturer in California, he will mail you some packets. The packets are just $1 USD  and can be mailed. The postage will be more than the product but worth it if you area  RAIN RIDER like I am.  https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/04/28/motosolutions-raincoat-review-rain-repellant-coating-for-plastic/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeilW said:

did you see my review of the Motosolutions RainCoat ? If you contact the manufacturer in California, he will mail you some packets. The packets are just $1 USD  and can be mailed. The postage will be more than the product but worth it if you area  RAIN RIDER like I am.  https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/04/28/motosolutions-raincoat-review-rain-repellant-coating-for-plastic/

It's not only fog and rain on the visor but also what's coming through gaps and vents.

Must admit my tour x4 has never leaked a drop or misted with a pin lock. Sure it’s genuine?
But it is the noisiest I’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

Yes it's genuine, bought it in one of the bigger dealerships with a good name here in the Netherlands.
In the beginning it was not that bad but with heavy rain some drops might get in between the pinlock and the visor.
Problem is that the visor is quit pointy.

4 hours ago, winddown said:

On the tracer about 3 times before they came up with an updated cable. But for me, I have bad nerve pain in my left forearm from years as a mechanic so I need something light.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

that looks sweet! - Did you use the same one from the MT-09? Never heard of this brand, looked them up and the T7 version comes with a silver only lever and 20 week backorder. 

I like the finish and fit better than Magura. How is the feel?

This is the magura hymec version, for the tracer. I literally bolted it straight up with a slightly different route for the hose due to the longer length. It feels awesome. Nice and light and very smooth.

5 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

On the tracer about 3 times before they came up with an updated cable. But for me, I have bad nerve pain in my left forearm from years as a mechanic so I need something light.

I was always worried about breaking the clutch cable on my Honda Spirit 1100 so I carried one with me for 40,000 miles. It actually broke leaving a gas station 160 miles from home and I had a 150 mile range. It was a Saturday when the tow truck dropped me and the bike off at my favorite mechanic who was just leaving for the day. He replaced the cable while the tow truck driver was doing the paperwork and I was off again. If you are worried about the cable, carry one. Cheap insurance.

1 hour ago, NeilW said:

I was always worried about breaking the clutch cable on my Honda Spirit 1100 so I carried one with me for 40,000 miles. It actually broke leaving a gas station 160 miles from home and I had a 150 mile range. It was a Saturday when the tow truck dropped me and the bike off at my favorite mechanic who was just leaving for the day. He replaced the cable while the tow truck driver was doing the paperwork and I was off again. If you are worried about the cable, carry one. Cheap insurance.

Not worried about the cable anymore. It’s in a box in the garage!😃

Edited by Buggy Nate
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, BADDANDY said:

Made this.

20220529_222958.jpg

I opted for a simplier solution with a chinese support.

IMG_20220318_144507.jpg

IMG_20220526_102757.jpg

IMG_20220519_221916_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20220318_134630.jpg

support_aliexpress.png

Edited by 365moto.eu

14 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I believe that's the same model as the Arai XD4 is the U.S.  After commuting and other riding in my XD4 for years in cold and wet weather (morning commutes always > one hour starting in 4 am darkness), I fully agree with your statement due to the worst shield fogging I've ever encountered. After trying (unsuccessfully) many aftermarket "fixes", I was a beta tester for Arai's anti-fog coated shield prior to its release as an optional accessory. That coating scratched by just looking at it too long plus it also fogged, and I threw the shield away following the beta test.

I've never even installed the PinLock that came with my Touratech/Nexx Aventuro carbon helmet (after I retired the XD4), because (like helmets previous to the XD4) I've never had fogging issues with its stock shield in the same conditions.

Edited by jdub53

4 hours ago, jdub53 said:

I believe that's the same model as the Arai XD4

Correct

On 5/31/2022 at 1:15 PM, winddown said:

?  I never break cables; and I carry spare universal cables (which have been used to help others several times).  That's not why I'd want a hydraulic clutch.  

I'd want one because when I'm stuck in traffic for half an hour, my hand hurts. The clutch pull is pretty stiff, and while I don't have a problem in normal use, there's a point when I'm on the clutch for a very long time that it gets quite painful.  I'm old and feeble.  

Yes, there's the CamelADV arm that lightens the pull and makes the friction zone wider.  That's awesome, but I've got OEM crash bars - there's no room to use a longer clutch arm.  I can (and would like to!) replace my crash bars with some Heed bunker bars, but that's a pretty substantial cost.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

Thankfully my Tracer doesn't have that issue 🙂  But I hear ya.  Aging blue collar dude myself too, and while I'm ok riding about normally as soon as I'm in heavy traffic and on the clutch all the time, it gets really painful.  Kind of a problem in harder offroad stuff too.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Thankfully my Tracer doesn't have that issue 🙂  But I hear ya.  Aging blue collar dude myself too, and while I'm ok riding about normally as soon as I'm in heavy traffic and on the clutch all the time, it gets really painful.  Kind of a problem in harder offroad stuff too.  

Yep! When I hand my body back to the ground it’ll be well and truly screwed! 🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 365moto.eu said:

I opted for a simplier solution with a chinese support.

Nice.  

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

On 6/1/2022 at 12:21 AM, Ray Ride4life said:

Yes it's genuine, bought it in one of the bigger dealerships with a good name here in the Netherlands.
In the beginning it was not that bad but with heavy rain some drops might get in between the pinlock and the visor.
Problem is that the visor is quit pointy.

I just heard last weekend, someone had also a leaking visor. It was mentioned, some helmetbranches come in different outershell sizes. So are there different visor sizes for?

I can imagine if you have helmet size M, and put visor size XL on, it would not close perfect.

• Thanks 1

Getting proper springs and a new set of rubber.

thumbnail_IMG_6812.jpg.2cc3adbad4e0ad4b921f3d92da3a168e.jpg

• Like 2

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

Wow, no front wheel is major weight savings!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I changed the Reckless 40 for the Reckless 80.
Tomorrow i will pack it for 3 weeks to go on a 3 day trip 🤣
I'll go on the TET Belgium with a little part of the TET South NL i didn't do yet to test the setup for my trip to the North Cape next month.
Find the best way to pack, get the feel with it offroad and check if i have everything for a big trip and all is still good since last September because i didn't use everything since i came back from the Balkans.

• Like 2

Preparing for a weekend trip to Bremen (300km from my place), my first real trip.

Will meet my buddy with his Bonneville Bobber Black on the road, we will ride the last 100km together, and will do some rides over the weekend.

If the weather is fine on Monday, I might add some parts of TET Germany to my ride back home.

• Like 3

Looked at it. Still waiting for my ecu to return from 2 wheel dyno works. Should be here saturday. Luckily I have 2 other bikes to ride since they have been neglected since I got the t7.

• Like 2