Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Fit up some 3m tape to the rear rim with some duct tape and the original rim tape for protection from levers. Glad I did this, as I do not want to be swinging levers against those pretty wheels in the bush to fix a tube. Hopefully it’s still got air in the morning! 😂

13 hours ago, CoreCass said:

GOPR0128_57vZv7nvdN6Me_0_1655065073994.JPG.2bb8a48bc9f3a6a6ebd1c8d180970c4a.JPG

That's a lot of screen... your setup looks like biking is a multitasking exercise for you 😉

• Haha 3

Oil and oil filter replaced at 12105km. Last time I did It was at 7500km.

IMG_20220611_122054.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Black Dog Moto said:

I hit a thing

thumbnail_IMG_6948.jpg

The good thing about it: You now may buy a better skid! 😄

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Black Dog Moto said:

I hit a thing

thumbnail_IMG_6948.jpg

As thin as the oem skids are, you probably just hit something like this!

marshmallows.jpg

• Haha 7

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Wish we could properly link IG posts. 

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

Installed the top rack and side racks from T7 parts instagram, not the best quality but good enough to make something pretty of it yourself.  

Some negatives I found is bad paint quality, lots of burs from cutting (sharp enough to cut a strap) and some design flaws where it could of been a lot stronger and lighter. 

I ended up modifying the top rack mounting to aluminium brackets instead of the heavy steel bracket that normally went on top of the fender. 
Also did some modifying of the side racks to get them closer to the bike and protect the fender better instead of them sticking out so far from the side of the bike, for this I hade to cut of some of the mounting tabs and move it up a bit to get a neat fit. 

Played around with the lengths of the spacers and shorten them on the lathe.

20220603_002057.jpg

20220603_002113.jpg

20220603_002121.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoreCass said:

Oke. Installed the bracket that moves the cluster to make room for my navigation. Looks finished.

Wile doing so I found damage from a wile back that I never saw.

Headlingt mounting bracket broke. Fixed it first with cementing glue

Than a little of epoxy. (Later part i forgot to take a photo of)

Only discovered the headlight as the square nut fell out of its position IMG_20220611_161559.jpg.2d0239383507bc8a8a36668f65c480d1.jpgGOPR0128_57vZv7nvdN6Me_0_1655065073994.JPG.2bb8a48bc9f3a6a6ebd1c8d180970c4a.JPGGOPR0129_7aJNJarNWVzL2_0_1655065073994.JPG.3cda4e4f3fc624b96b85376d81ab22bc.JPG

Can you share a link to the part that moves the cluster?

3 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Wish we could properly link IG posts. 

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Here's a better one.

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

I've always liked the my clear  tanks so I pulled the trigger on this one from OFF-THE-ROAD and got it installed this last weekend. 

IMG-9532.jpg

IMG-9531.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Henchman said:

I've always liked the my clear  tanks so I pulled the trigger on this one from OFF-THE-ROAD and got it installed this last weekend. 

IMG-9532.jpg

IMG-9531.jpg

Is it a direct fit or do you have to take parts off the stock tank? Also what is the capacity and link to their site ? Thx

Yep you gotta swap out the fuel pump and the front tank mount but it's super easy:) The harder part for me was removing the existing tank where I had to squeeze these 2 release tabs that kept the fuel line secured.

So be prepared to squeeze hard and pull!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henchman said:

Yep you gotta swap out the fuel pump and the front tank mount but it's super easy:) The harder part for me was removing the existing tank where I had to squeeze these 2 release tabs that kept the fuel line secured.

So be prepared to squeeze hard and pull!

I did when I removed the tank for wiring from the battery. I was squeezing the wrong squeezer - ( no off color jokes please) 🙂

I think I did the squeeze one side and then the other- ( again no off color jokes please)

I am not finding Off-the-Road on a google search - can you share a link?

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 1

Ok Neil perhaps that's the ticket....to squeeze one side at a time as opposed to both at the same time?

1 minute ago, Henchman said:

Ok Neil perhaps that's the ticket....to squeeze one side at a time as opposed to both at the same time?

That’s what I did. Squeeze one side and angle out. Then keeping outward pressure, squeeze the other side and pull straight back. I couldn’t squeeze both at the same time successfully. Maybe I just got lucky. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, qInvention said:

That's a lot of screen... your setup looks like biking is a multitasking exercise for you 😉

well.. i love to listen to music and charge at the same time. so i figured why not.

but the garmin.. i love it at its place.  as you can see your speed as map in 1x

6 hours ago, NeilW said:

I did when I removed the tank for wiring from the battery. I was squeezing the wrong squeezer - ( no off color jokes please) 🙂

I think I did the squeeze one side and then the other- ( again no off color jokes please)

I am not finding Off-the-Road on a google search - can you share a link?

It's the big Acerbis 23l tank in translucent.

AC-TK-T700-TS-Acerbis-Tank-23-Liter-Yama

Acerbis 23 Liter Long Range Fuel Tank Yamaha Tenere 700, translucent The new huge Acerbis long range fuel tank with about 23 liter capacity is...

• Like 1

1 5/8" (41mm) aluminum nail.

It took the easy way, between the knobs.

Road it out (slowly) 2 miles to civilization and then trailered it home.

Newer Motoz GPS was stiff enough, no damage to the rim or tireimage.png.f26508002b0dd561b9747800c125af1f.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

A little front end dress up work with the dark shield, side deflector decals and kyb decals on the forks. 

20220616_102955.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, Hibobb said:

1 5/8" (41mm) aluminum nail.

It took the easy way, between the knobs.

Road it out (slowly) 2 miles to civilization and then trailered it home.

Newer Motoz GPS was stiff enough, no damage to the rim or tireimage.png.f26508002b0dd561b9747800c125af1f.png

Here is a similar nail in the same tire! Just changed earlier this week.

IMG_5168.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sracer said:

Here is a similar nail in the same tire! Just changed earlier this week.

IMG_5168.JPG

And that is why I carry a spare tube AND a patch kit.

• Like 2